Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is pulling so hard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I have to say EdenHazard you're growing on me. Not because you're all Justin Bieber this and Justin Bieber that, but because you remind me of a friend. Now I'm guessing your about 16/17, amIright?
    As you get older you will go through changes and become more confident in yourself. It's easy to pull when you know who you are and what you want.
    Take up bodybuilding. Your testosterone will be through the roof brah and the women will fall. It's all size brah ;)
    Stay away from the Juice though until you turn 21. You don't want to mess up your endocrine system.
    Workout at least 5 days a week and make sure to get plenty of rest. Drink lots of milk and make sure you're getting 3 liters of water in to your body each day.
    BCAAs can be very helpful, more so than protein power I find.
    Make sure you're getting plenty of Vitamin C, Zinc and Omega 3s 6s and 9s.
    Take a multivitamin too and you'll be flying in no time.

Who are you? Can you send back the real Teddy please :confused:;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

"Women can smell desperation" is a tired cliche that is always trotted out on threads like this, as if it meant anything - it doesn't.

Pay no heed OP.

Why is hard to pull? Supply and demand.

The supply of guys looking to pull far far outweighs the amount of women looking to do the same and so you have a staggering amount of competition before you even get out the door.

How you look is key as that is your selling point. Women will weigh you up and very fast make certain assumptions about you which will determine if they will even make eye contact with you, let alone have a chat with you.

As there is a sea of men (most horny and looking for a shag) on a night out, women tend to be attracted to pre-vetted guys and so if you are friends with her friends, then that's half the battle won as she won't see you as a threat and so getting chatting should be just a matter of course.

If you have exhausted the 'friends of friends' route then I suggest finding more, as finding more lads to go out with, is a lot easier than chatting up women that have no idea who you are. Join clubs, or partake in sports and events that interest you and then go out with the friends you meet there. You may even cut out the middle man that way and actually meet a girl that has similar interests to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

EdenHazard wrote: »
    On a serious dry run when it comes to pullin on a night out, what makes it so difficult? A good night out cannot be called such, unless you pull.
    Probably because you come across as a male version of Samantha Brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

I just can't take a thread seriously that has 'pulling' and 'hard' in the same sentence. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Take up bodybuilding. Your testosterone will be through the roof brah and the women will fall. It's all size brah ;)

Not it's not. OP, don't do this, it'll only pull one type of woman. Not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

The only guys and girls I know who find it hard to pull on nights out are the ones with no confidence, who don't know how to talk to the opposite sex or anything else.

Even the desperate and ugly ones pull if they know how to talk to people.

And if you're going to clubs that charge a cover charge, hike the price up after midnight and serve 6 euro pints, you might want to try another venue. Unless you're planning on going on the pull while you and the lady are both hammered and more than likely won't remember it the net day.

Sure where else would you go on the pull bar a club or late bar when your hammered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

"Women can smell desperation" is a tired cliche that is always trotted out on threads like this, as if it meant anything - it doesn't.

Pay no heed OP.

Why is hard to pull? Supply and demand.

The supply of guys looking to pull far far outweighs the amount of women looking to do the same and so you have a staggering amount of competition before you even get out the door.

How you look is key as that is your selling point. Women will weigh you up and very fast make certain assumptions about you which will determine if they will even make eye contact with you, let alone have a chat with you.

As there is a sea of men (most horny and looking for a shag) on a night out, women tend to be attracted to pre-vetted guys and so if you are friends with her friends, then that's half the battle won as she won't see you as a threat and so getting chatting should be just a matter of course.

If you have exhausted the 'friends of friends' route then I suggest finding more, as finding more lads to go out with, is a lot easier than chatting up women that have no idea who you are. Join clubs, or partake in sports and events that interest you and then go out with the friends you meet there. You may even cut out the middle man that way and actually meet a girl that has similar interests to you.

Yeah I think it comes down to being able to chat up girls, put simply, I can't. I only pull when confident girls come up to me being like 'your really good looking' or something. So I think in a club I waiting for some girl to walk up to me which more than likely will rarely happen

p.s the thread is not meant to be taken seriously like its not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I used to be just like you OP. And like you, I too turned to the interwebz. I asked myself - why bother going out at all?! I took a good long look at myself and I started clicking on ads for 'hot singles in YOUR area' and 'our dating site has too many female members - men join FREE'. And it worked! I'm now happily pulling different wimmenz in MY area every night. It turned out that there actually were a boatload of horny milfs in my region.

Also from experience, I'd highly recommend ads which claim will help you *ahem* increase your manlihood. I'm now the envy of every man at my gym (no homo).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    The only guys and girls I know who find it hard to pull on nights out are the ones with no confidence

Did you ever think that it's not that they have no success because of a lack of confidence but it is in fact the other way round and that they have acquired the lack of confidence because of not having the success?

I see women posting that same remark time and time again and tbh, it just comes across as if girls have no clue how tough it can be for guys to approach women and talk to them on nights out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Sure where else would you go on the pull bar a club or late bar when your hammered?

I'd avoid getting hammered in the first place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

kfallon wrote: »
    :confused:
    He wants the ride, not The World's Strongest Man award :P
    That's why he's going to lift 3 sets of 10-12 reps, then followed by drop sets at half the weight. He wants to be shredded.
    Also, I'd lose any boxers you have, no one should be wearing boxers nowadays. Y fronts are back. Start veeting from an early age too. It's good to get into the habit. English lads have been shaving their chests for years, but now that veet is here nobody has any excuse.
    Confab wrote: »
    Not it's not. OP, don't do this, it'll only pull one type of woman. Not worth it.
    He will pull all sorts of women like this.
    Obviously there's a type that really love this in a man but you'll find most do. Do you really believe that nonsense you hear from some women from time to time that they like a man to be a bit fat. Bull. They want a man to be shredded, tanned and confidant as fook.
    You need to encourage your body to produce testosterone at an youngish age before its too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Just as well you posted that so quickly - he was mid set at the gym with a vial of anabolic gripped between his teeth, trying to find a vein. Now he can stop, go home, and post more stuff on tinternet, you've done a good thing Confab. Jasus, Teddy got in ahead of me, now he's conflicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Who gives a ****, stop been so picky and you'll pick someone up. It's like the property market.

Some people are born into the expensive markets, if your in the cheap markets, start buying houses in the other markets leading up too the expensive market soon you'll have enough experience and you'll get your house in the expensive market..

msg11 wrote: »
    Who gives a ****, stop been so picky and you'll pick someone up. It's like the property market.

Some people are born into the expensive markets, if your in the cheap markets, start buying houses in the other markets leading up too the expensive market soon you'll have enough experience and you'll get your house in the expensive market..

Yeah all well and good but its not like I've been in a permanent depression, I've experienced booms( and busts) and now I'm just in a significant recession. I've gone summer 2012 without pulling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Anyone who compares their sex life to the recession must be running out of spunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Yeah all well and good but its not like I've been in a permanent depression, I've experienced booms( and busts) and now I'm just in a significant recession. I've gone summer 2012 without pulling

Chill out there, ye have the rest of your life.. I was like you, I just relaxed and what ever happens , happens.

'Chill out'? Do I need to repeat, gone summer 2012 without pulling!! Been out about 3 times though, but still.

Will you please please clarify this because I'm out of the loop here.
    When you say "pulling" you're talking about hooking up with a partner and not masturbating, right?
    Because if it is masturbating you've been having problems with for the entire summer of 2012 it's your GP you need to be asking because we can't give out medical advice here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, that fat chick in Copper's last April was really your Anglo moment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Don't dwell on it, it's not that big of a deal.

Forget about going out "on the pull", just head out for a laugh, talking with your friends and being open to chatting to strangers.

You'll get chatting to people no problem, and if there is a small spark you might end up getting a kiss or more!

Be confident in yourself without being too arrogant or cocky, have interesting things to talk about and you'll be sailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Holsten wrote: »

Be confident in yourself without being too arrogant or cocky, have interesting things to talk about and you'll be sailing.

Therein lies the problem I'd wager.

I have an ego, MAYBE a bit of an inflated opinion of myself, but I'm pretty shy and reserved.

ah now, come on, we all know you were pulling away goodo just an hour ago. You forgot to wipe your browsing history.

He will pull all sorts of women like this.
    Obviously there's a type that really love this in a man but you'll find most do. Do you really believe that nonsense you hear from some women from time to time that they like a man to be a bit fat. Bull. They want a man to be shredded, tanned and confidant as fook.

Illogical. I pulled both girlfriends with a gut on me, and I still have one of them. Besides, women have to get his shirt off to notice that he's shredded.

To be fair to Teddy, I started doing pushups in the last three months and it's made a big difference, not to my body (or my woman) but to my mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Illogical. I pulled both girlfriends with a gut on me, and I still have one of them. Besides, women have to get his shirt off to notice that he's shredded.

To be fair to Teddy, I started doing pushups in the last three months and it's made a big difference, not to my body (or my woman) but to my mood.

2 girlfriends? Maybe give one of the to the OP, he's desperate.

The girls or the gut?

I was mostly taking the piss, but you can usually tell if someone is in good shape without seeing them with their top off. I guess that's neither here nor there now though anyway.

Seriously kid, as lame as it sounds. Be yourself. If you're out and you see a girl you like walk up and just introduce yourself/say hello and let the conversation flow. Chances are most women wont approach you. You'll know if she's interested. Don't try to act.
    Also 3 nights out is not exactly alarm bells for not pulling considering you're not approaching many women yourself. Chill.

Pottler wrote: »
    The girls or the gut?

Both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Pottler wrote: »
    ah now, come on, we all know you were pulling away goodo just an hour ago. You forgot to wipe your browsing history.

As long as that was the only thing he forgot to wipe.....

Advertisement