Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

life hacks?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

SHOW your wife that you're still an old romantic at heart by scattering the ironing board with rose petals.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

MOTORISTS. When going through a speed camera, flash your lights twice quickly, and watch the driver in front hit his brakes when he thinks he's been caught.

SAVE MONEY on milk by not reporting your neighbour's death. You can even leave a note for their milkman to bring more expensive items like chicken or spuds.

DRINK AS much as you like on Long haul flights and don't worry about being over the limit when you drive home from the airport - the time difference will have taken care of that.

DON'T FORK out thousands of pounds on a jacuzzi-style bath. Make your own by placing a hairdryer in the bath.

ALCOHOL makes an ideal substitute for happiness.

SHOES LAST twice as long if only worn every other day.

Mod note: Use Multiquote!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

DRINK AS much as you like on Long haul flights and don't worry about being over the limit when you drive home from the airport - the time difference will have taken care of that.

Eh, my dad drinks bucket loads of wine on the plane, then we get to america and he drives us home? I never even thought of that before :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Youve ruined it for me :mad:

• Advertisement

CONVINCE bar staff that your pint is off by sticking your finger up your arse before holding the glass close to their nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

syndeyfife wrote: »
    CONVINCE bar staff that your pint is off by sticking your finger up your arse before holding the glass close to their nose.

That's just ****ing shocking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Mums - out of xmas wrapping paper? Simply convert birthday wrapping paper by adding ''Jesus'' after ''Happy Birthday''

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Mums - out of xmas wrapping paper? Simply convert birthday wrapping paper by adding ''Jesus'' after ''Happy Birthday''

:D That is hilarious......

syndeyfife wrote: »

An easier one back in my broke days.. Pour the dregs of two pints into one glass and take it back to the bar in a nightclub. New pint for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Dont waste money on expensive quadruple ply toilet paper...

...drape a nice fluffy white towel over the side of the bath, put one leg into the bath and sit down on the towel, and scoot like a dog up and down the towel.

Dont waste money in putting the towel in the washing machine afterwards...

...toss the used towel into the bath, clean it in there whilst you bathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Latchy wrote: »
    I did a spell with the PDF myself but it wasn't there that I heard about the cooking oil shine until going out one evening ,I asked a friend if he had any shoe polish rub on and he showed me the 'dip-in-cooking -oil -trick .It's handy if you don't have time to polish and I only wish I had known about in in PDF days .

You pair of amateurs, a quick light coating of hair spray does the trick in seconds, works best if the boots/shoes have been polished recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Life hack the video, part deux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Town councils, reduce litter problems by issuing blind people with pointy sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I live out the country and we get rabbits in the garden. I wanted to take a picture but the camera couldn't zoom in enough and give a clear enough picture.

Solution:
    Put the lens of the camera up to some binoculars. It gives a much clearer image than the zoom on the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

kfallon wrote: »
    To ensure a woman achieves the best orgasm possible place a finger in her botty and give it a wiggle, guaranteed to get her one slice toaster squirting like a clown's flower :pac:

Same for a guy. It's unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

kraggy wrote: »
    Same for a guy. It's unreal!

You know it ;)

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Standing tickets for a gig at the O2 all Sold Out but you've seen some cheap seats knocking about on Adverts, Gumtree or Ebay and want to somehow use them to access standing area?

Solution 1:
    Go to the Box Office entrance as if you're collecting tickets and then enter that way. You will be given access to the bottom level but directed to the staircase. Don't use it, just walk past it towards the toilets and you're now as free as Andy Dufresne.
    Solution 2:
    Some jobsworth has told you to go upstairs or you went in the Luas entrance end and are now upstairs. No problem, just go to the stairs beside the bar (two members of staff will be there) and ask them where the O2's ATM is. It's downstairs and they always let people down to use it. You are now as free as Billy Hayes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

biko wrote: »
    Life hack the video, part deux

shoe freezer thing is bollox.
    Those laundry freshener sheets work a treat in shoes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

girls. save money on expensive hair extensions by growing your hair long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

sorry to resurrect old thread...

Asked wife to look for a pair of black canvas trainers today - couldnt find anything suitable so I transformed a pair of my dark blue canvas trainers into black using black shoe polish and an old toothbrush ... I better make sure I dont go out in the wet though or brush up against something :D

28577029_10214549044573696_6672609001959003137_n.jpg?oh=5bab4642c7a2e9d7fe4a2b6a0444e58b&oe=5B0710EA

Advertisement