Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

life hacks?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

animan wrote: »
    Eat what you want and still lose weight by making yourself sick after every meal
    And so the bulimia/anorexia confusion was continued. Probably not too funny if you had a daughter who was that way inclined(I don't,but just saying). BTW, too skinny is not attractive, curves look well on a woman.
    When in a dodgy area, I leave my car doors wide open, in the hope that passing burglars will take pity and throw in a flat screen TV or somthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Ghandee wrote: »
    (God knows what it does to our stomachs :eek:)

Cleans them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

On the dole? Need your money to stretch farther?
    Get a fcuking job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Felexicon wrote: »
    On the dole? Need your money to stretch farther?
    Get a fcuking job
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Couple of miles from home, missed the bus but no money for a cab? No problem.

Simply find the nearest take-away, phone them and order a delivery for your next door neighbour.

Then climb onto the roof of the delivery driver's Nissan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

glasses fogging up when you enter a bar/cafe/whatever, before leaving the house wash the lenses with washing up liquid, sorted (or get laser eye surgery/contacts)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Lollers wrote: »
    Quick way to change your duvet cover. Take off old duvet cover. Turn new duvet cover inside out, grab the top of your duvet cover on each side, grab duvet on each side and slide cover on. Ah sure here is a vid to explain it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aaVB4qVvew

Brilliant!

But I wonder why the girl in the video is so good at changing her dirty duvet covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

It's because her duvet covers are always encrusted with semen, which requires washing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ladies. Keep cool in this hot weather by washing the dishes in cold water.

Pretend your a professional tennis player by wiping your face on a towel every 30 seconds then throwing it at a child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I cannot stop laughing at this thread.

Chucken you fooking genius! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I cannot stop laughing at this thread.

Chucken you fooking genius! :D

:o
    Admiral dont tell where we're getting our wit from ok? ;)

HOUSEWIVES. Wean your husbands onto raw eggs without them realising by removing the sand from your egg timer one grain at a time.

Chucken wrote: »
    :o
    Admiral dont tell where we're getting our wit from ok? ;)

:eek: You guys are cheating!

syndeyfife wrote: »
    :eek: You guys are cheating!

No...we're old :D

I wouldnt know anything about that :D

Clubbers: Jump cloakroom queues by simply having a violent scuffle with a friend. Not only will this get your coats brought to you immediately, but you also get the bonus of being carried to the front door - therefore saving your legs for the journey home.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

When chopping an onion put a wooden spoon between your teeth. Your eyes won't run.

When boiling an egg put vinegar in the water to stop the white stuff coming out. If you have no vinegar try a match stick.

feck off im only 31:D

jessiejam wrote: »
    When chopping an onion put a wooden spoon between your teeth. Your eyes won't run.

When boiling an egg put vinegar in the water to stop the white stuff coming out. If you have no vinegar try a match stick.

same with a poached egg (the vinegar) makes the water coagulate and keeps the egg firm

now more ...

Become a billionaire with a 17ft knob by simply answering ‘yes' to all of your spam emails

feck off im only 31:D

Thats ancient when Sydneyfife is only 20 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

1) a real fast way to make your teeth that extra bit white is to use baking soda, tastes horrid but gets the job done. Dont do this excessively cause I heard it can strip the enamel from your teeth.

2) Sprinkle baking soda in to smelly runners/shoes, leave overnight and wear them the next day, smell free!

WOMEN. In those quiet moments be sure to ask your man "what are you thinking?" They love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

To clean grease off an piece of fabric, place a paper bag shiny side down over the stain and iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

To ensure a woman achieves the best orgasm possible place a finger in her botty and give it a wiggle, guaranteed to get her one slice toaster squirting like a clown's flower :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Discoloured nails? Soak em in a lemon for a few minutes, do this for a few days

Pantsface wrote: »
    Discoloured nails? Soak em in a lemon for a few minutes, do this for a few days

discoloured charlie? soak it in bleach for a few minutes, do this for a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Latchy wrote: »

for instant shine to your shoes , dip a tissue in cooking oil and spread over shoes ( it really works )

This one time on camp with the RDF, just before a check parade, we were all polishing our boots, when a lad came in in panic because his boots looked shocking and was worried for the parade. Someone suggested he put vaseline on the boots to make them look really shiny, which he did. Unfortunately, on the march over to the parade square a leaf flew up and stuck to his boot. He didnt get a chance to remove it before the inspection, and so the illusion of really shiny boots was burst by the ugly great big leaf stuck to it.

Moral of the story. Vaseline will give a great shine. I used it at a funeral not long ago. Just make sure there are no leaves near by. I applied the vaseline just prior to giving my reading and it worked perfectly.

FOOL people into thinking you have a social life by going offline for a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

syklops wrote: »
    This one time on camp with the RDF, just before a check parade, we were all polishing our boots, when a lad came in in panic because his boots looked shocking and was worried for the parade. Someone suggested he put vaseline on the boots to make them look really shiny, which he did. Unfortunately, on the march over to the parade square a leaf flew up and stuck to his boot. He didnt get a chance to remove it before the inspection, and so the illusion of really shiny boots was burst by the ugly great big leaf stuck to it.

Moral of the story. Vaseline will give a great shine. I used it at a funeral not long ago. Just make sure there are no leaves near by. I applied the vaseline just prior to giving my reading and it worked perfectly.
    I did a spell with the PDF myself but it wasn't there that I heard about the cooking oil shine until going out one evening ,I asked a friend if he had any shoe polish rub on and he showed me the 'dip-in-cooking -oil -trick .It's handy if you don't have time to polish and I only wish I had known about in in PDF days .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

JINX THIEVES by fitting mirrored glass to your house and car. When a thief breaks a window, Hey Presto! - seven years bad luck.

SMARTIES tubes pushed over cats' legs make for a futuristic 'space cat'. For a really space age look, cover the tubes in tin foil as well as your pet's tail. This also works with small dogs and the middles out of kitchen rolls.

MAKE YOUR steam iron glide effortlessly over your clothes by filling it with vegetable oil instead of water.

ONE ARMED men. If your partner is thinking about getting breast implants, convince her to save money and only get one done.

Advertisement