Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular hip hop opinions.

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Really bad pop songs as well. :(
    She's definitely one of the worst musicians of all time. I actually hate her. Her music makes life harder than it has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

her recent outburst to her irish fans on twitter over cancelling the concert have made my hateridge go from mild to very strong, there all idiots that ymcmb click single handily destroying the commercial element of hip hop. How can an artist get away with talking to her fans like that? it wasnt just 1 or 2, she addressed a whole nation with disrespect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    She's definitely one of the worst musicians of all time. I actually hate her. Her music makes life harder than it has to be.

I mean, seriously do either twit involved think that's actually good?:(

I actually don't care if its "pop" or not, loads of talented girls making great tunes out their, but Minaj ain't one of them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This may be unpopular, perhaps controversial.

The new Nas album is not all that great. There are song really good songs, and there is lots of average songs. The first track on the album is pants.

Nas is trying to find the balance of being a concious rapper, a lyriscist, a story teller, street thug, broken man, new man, underground, commercial accross the album. He just cant find that balance and it's all over the place. If this was a mixtape or a compilation, then I'd understand, but as a body of work, it has no cohesion.
    He made comments that he wouldnt use a Premo beat on the album because it wouldnt fit the sound/theme of the album, I can hear that completely as a Premo beat would have been too heavy for the album. So there is a 'sound' to the album, just not consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Agree ^ Since it came out I've maintained that it's not all that special, just an average album by Nas' standards, better than the majority of his more recent albums though imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Still haven't gotten around to listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

honestly after 2 listens life is good became a snoozefest, i put life is good and one crazy weekend on the mp3 player da same day, one crazy weekend got way more listens, even tho its not a great album it was way more enjoyable than life is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

After a few months now of Listining to it, I have to say it is good but not as good as I orignally taught. I tend to get over excited or infact let down when I listen to an album or song the first few times, usually takes me a few months to really form an opinion of it.

I'd agree with paddy in saying its a lot better than his recent albums especially his 2 previous to this which were a pile of rubbish tbh. It's his best album since gods son and his first decent album in 10 years, I know nas has god like status with some here but he's fallen off pretty hard the last couple of years, distant relatives being really the only plus you could take since gods son.

In saying that it's still without a doubt my favourite album so far this year , fair enough there's a few duds but for the best part it's pretty solid... Loco motive, daughters, stay, trust, bye bye baby, where's the love and black bond are all bangers IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gerryd2

HIPHOP opinions lol might piss off a few people

95% of mainstream rap since 2004 is garbage. Its just a bunch of rappers spitting complete nonsense just cause it rhymes over cheesy beats that sell cause they get stuck in your head.

50 CENT is garbage. The dude had one great album and one decent album, then he got rich and stopped trying.

Eminem is the most over rated rapper in the game. His first 3 albums were great but everything after that has been downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The Love Below = Speakerboxxx, i cant separate the 2 of them any more, equally brilliant pieces of work.

The likes of Reset, Flip Flop Rock and War are the 3 best tracks from Big Boi's side

She Lives in My Lap, Vibrate and A Life in The Day of Benjamin Andre are the 3 best on Andre's side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The Love Below = Speakerboxxx, i cant separate the 2 of them any more, equally brilliant pieces of work.

The likes of Reset, Flip Flop Rock and War are the 3 best tracks from Big Boi's side

She Lives in My Lap, Vibrate and A Life in The Day of Benjamin Andre are the 3 best on Andre's side

Brilliant song. One of my all time favourites. The only bad thing about it is that it ends.

My first introduction to Killer Mike also, and he's one of the best artists that I've come across. He is such an immense rapper.

Advertisement