Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Marriage/Marriage Equality/End of World?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Actor wrote: »
    Gay if you like men, gay if you don't like men... Phucked either way... :confused:
    Chance'd be a fine thing ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Actor wrote: »
    Sodomy is, quite frankly, disgusting. I'd sooner put my micky in a blender than have my sexual organ covered in faeces. Sodomy is the essence of my point against gay "marriage". There are also biblical references to the behaviour, but seeing as this is the atheist forum; we're not allowed to discuss them...

And "oh, but heterosexuals do it too" is not an explanation for the behaviour.

Why O why are pious folk so concerned with other peoples sex lives? :confused:

Surely there's more pressing issues to get worked up over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

old hippy wrote: »

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign towers.
    Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn.
    Locking in, uniforming, book burning, blood letting.
    Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.
    Light a candle, light a votive. Step down, step down.
    Watch your heel crush, crushed. Uh-oh, this means no fear cavalier.
    Renegade steer clear! A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies.
    Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Things are really heating up...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19017526

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

old hippy wrote: »

Not sure, I mean, if we were asking them to put their er...mickeys in someone else's hole that would be fair enough, but I really dont understand why some people have such an "issue" with gay peoples sex lives - I mean, if they were normal, they wouldn't be giving so much thought to what others do between the sheets in the first place...

• Advertisement

MrPudding wrote: »
    Things are really heating up...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19017526

MrP
    Brilliant. One more to add to the Oreo List of boycotted products (although without their computers, I guess Amazon was already out).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Shredder66

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You're dead right Sappa, you've got them gays sussed!

Jeez, things keep going as they are, society might actually start treating them like equal human beings.
    Can't be having that, the universe might implode.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...i believe it was a homosexual who said that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Shredder66 wrote: »

Care to give the rest of the sentence?

'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence' ;)

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Care to give the rest of the sentence?

'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence' ;)

I agree with the first part only ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Naturally, you're not very....... sarcastic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Yes. I think we have all gathered that you employ selective agreement and utilise a methodology that relies on cherry picking the bits that suit your agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hey look, a Christian who likes to selectively choose from sentences. There's a shocker :pac:

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Yes. I think we have all gathered that you employ selective agreement and employ a methodology that relies on cherry picking the bits that suit your agenda.

Sarcastic ridicule is all you people have to argue your agenda.

When certain people on this discussion forum express homophobic views all that's returned is childish silly comments and personal slurs, no sensible arguements. No facts, no substance, just a bunch of politically correct nonsense and dillusions and links to politically correct websites.

Instead of remarks similar to what a 9 year old would say in an arguement why don't you try persuade the opponent to your way of thinking? Because you can't and it's easier to run with the others with getting smart and sarcastic and abusive, makes you people feel good doesn't it!

Here's a full one i agree with - Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocrities

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Hey look, a Christian who likes to selectively choose from sentences. There's a shocker :pac:

Hard luck boy I'm actually Agnostic, sorry to burst your little bubble

Sarky wrote: »
    Nobody wants you to list your qualifications Sappa, they're irrelevant.

We just want you to acknowledge that without anything to back them up, your opinions so far on gay marriage are stupid, and I'd you have no evidence otherwise then you should consider changing them.

Someone did in fact as him his qualifications...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

When certain people on this discussion forum express homophobic views all that's returned is childish silly comments and personal slurs, no sensible arguements. No facts, no substance, just a bunch of politically correct nonsense and dillusions and links to politically correct websites.

Instead of remarks similar to what a 9 year old would say in an arguement why don't you try persuade the opponent to your way of thinking? Because you can't and it's easier to run with the others with getting smart and sarcastic and abusive, makes you people feel good doesn't it!

Here's a full one i agree with - Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocrities

Your first post in the thread links homosexuality with AIDS and paedophilia. Where are your facts and substance to substantiate those links?

And by the by, you'll find that when people put forward logical rational arguments to support their point of view, they'll tend to find the same in replies from others. When opponents join a discussion and act like 9 year olds, they'll be treated like so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yes. We disagree with you because we're jealous of how clever you are. It has literally nothing to do with the fact that what's been presented arguing against equal marriage is ignorant bigoted horse****.

The essence of the homophobic arguments presented here is that gays are icky so you don't want to allow them to have equal rights.

I'm terribly sorry if you disagree with us but if you want to talk about taking away rights from people then you'd better actually produce an argument of that has even the tiniest amount of merit.

None have been presented thus far. We've seen ignorant myths linking homosexuality with pedophilia, we've seen the nonsensical suggestion that we live in a direct democracy, with all the bigotry and oppression that goes with that.
    Factually incorrect statement after baseless assertion underpinned by ignorance. That's all we've got.

If you want to present an actual reason why two people who love each other cannot have that love recognised by the state as they would with an "orthodox" couple we're all ears..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you missed this post.

Someone did in fact as him his qualifications...
    This one should be easy to prove. Got any quotation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ah, so you're just ignorant and lacking in education.

My apologies then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Since you're agnostic you should have no problem coming up with rational non-religious arguments to support the views opined in your first foray into the thread here.

Oh, and for the record someone who complains about personal slurs:

When certain people on this discussion forum express homophobic views all that's returned is childish silly comments and personal slurs, no sensible arguements.

should not have opened their contribution to a thread with comments like:

"Gay marriage in my opinion cheapens that."

"Homosexuals just want attention."

"It's highly inappropriate also seeing these individuals prancing around in drag in broad daylight promoting sodomy and buggery and children watching"

Now do you have a serious contribution to make or not?

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »

That post really really really needs to be a sticky for the entire board. I always find myself looking for it (but thankfully, oldrnwisr joins the thread and saves me the hassle).

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Ah, so you're just ignorant and lacking in education.

My apologies then :)

Good boy, think of all that all yourself did you? :rolleyes:

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    Since you're agnostic you should have no problem coming up with rational non-religious arguments to support the views opined in your first foray into the thread here.

Oh, and for the record someone who complains about personal slurs:

should not have opened their contribution to a thread with comments like:

"Gay marriage in my opinion cheapens that."

"Homosexuals just want attention."

"It's highly inappropriate also seeing these individuals prancing around in drag in broad daylight promoting sodomy and buggery and children watching"

Now do you have a serious contribution to make or not?

My comments were not personally directed at any induvidual, that was my opinion, which was asked for in the beginning of this thread. Others responded with the usual load of scorn - I personally find it amusing.

Rolleyes, implies sarcasm right?

Gbear wrote: »
    Yes. We disagree with you because we're jealous of how clever you are. It has literally nothing to do with the fact that what's been presented arguing against equal marriage is ignorant bigoted horse****.

The essence of the homophobic arguments presented here is that gays are icky so you don't want to allow them to have equal rights.

I'm terribly sorry if you disagree with us but if you want to talk about taking away rights from people then you'd better actually produce an argument of that has even the tiniest amount of merit.

None have been presented thus far. We've seen ignorant myths linking homosexuality with pedophilia, we've seen the nonsensical suggestion that we live in a direct democracy, with all the bigotry and oppression that goes with that.
    Factually incorrect statement after baseless assertion underpinned by ignorance. That's all we've got.

If you want to present an actual reason why two people who love each other cannot have that love recognised by the state as they would with an "orthodox" couple we're all ears..

You see I would provide a secular arguement as to why not only I think homosexuals shouldn't be permitted to marry but also as to why they shouldn't be permitted to live in normal society but I can see exactly what this website is all about, hypocrits and vicious internet-bullies and their sheepish followers. Why would I waste my time, I cannot debate normally without being called something like "insane" or something to that effect

The irony.

Jernal wrote: »
    Rolleyes, implies sarcasm right?

There's no implication. Hover the mouse over the icon and it outright says it: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

robindch wrote: »
    Sappa wrote: »
    [...] the recent kiddy fiddling scandals [...] tend to have homosexual roots
    Please withdraw that remark.
    Sappa was asked once publicly, and twice privately, to withdraw that remark, but failed to. In accordance with the most recent PM, Sappa is now enjoying a holiday from the forum for a few days.

You see I would provide a secular arguement as to why not only I think homosexuals shouldn't be permitted to marry but also as to why they shouldn't be permitted to live in normal society but I can see exactly what this website is all about, hypocrits and vicious internet-bullies and their sheepish followers. Why would I waste my time, I cannot debate normally without being called something like "insane" or something to that effect

You want to segregate an entire proportion of human society based on nothing other than their sexual orientations. And yet you wonder why we think your viewpoint is insane? Wall, please.

• Advertisement

You see I would provide a secular arguement as to why not only I think homosexuals shouldn't be permitted to marry but also as to why they shouldn't be permitted to live in normal society

We are all ears. Honestly, I'd like to hear them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement