Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Marriage/Marriage Equality/End of World?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Undergod wrote: »
    Yer man looks really familiar for some reason.

After a shave, maybe....
    http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/95c/76e/95c76ec0-7fe0-45c1-bf0e-35f6756df40f

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Shredder66 wrote: »
    I know I'm probably a bit late on this but here's my opinion. Marriage is and should only be between a man and a woman. Marriage used to be a sort of contract if you will which bound a man and a woman to make the foundations of a strong family unit.

Gay marriage in my opinion cheapens that.

Are you married? Because if you aren't how can you claim to know enough about what really goes on between a couple in a marriage to know what would 'cheapen' it? And if you are, how utterly pathetic is your marriage if what other people do can in any way cheapen it?

Because here is the thing about my marriage. I couldn't care less if my husband and I were the only two people on earth in a 'traditional' marriage. I don't care if every other marriage is a homosexual one, or contains a divorcee or two, or if it's polygamous, or open, or the couple call their cats their babies. It doesn't matter in the teeniest, tiniest slightest little bit to my marriage. Our marriage is built on what we two people feel for each other and how we two people act with each other. Nothing that anyone else does could ever cheapen our marriage because they aren't a part of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

iguana wrote: »

Because here is the thing about my marriage. I couldn't care less if my husband and I were the only two people on earth in a 'traditional' marriage. I don't care if every other marriage is a homosexual one, or contains a divorcee or two, or if it's polygamous, or open, or the couple call their cats their babies. It doesn't matter in the teeniest, tiniest slightest little bit to my marriage. Our marriage is built on what we two people feel for each other and how we two people act with each other. Nothing that anyone else does could ever cheapen our marriage because they aren't a part of it.

Well said that woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Undergod wrote: »
    Yer man looks really familiar for some reason.

Enda's looking fabulous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭smokingman

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Well said that woman!

Couldn't agree more. The "Valley of the Squinting Windows" syndrome is often a symptom of the laziness or unwillingness in sorting ones own life out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Man I can't wait to hear these secular arguments against homosexual marriages. Which will be posted first, that or an explanation as to how sodomy is bad for society?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Man I can't wait to hear these secular arguments against homosexual marriages. Which will be posted first, that or an explanation as to how sodomy is bad for society?

I see you shiver with an-tiss-e-pay-shun

frank_n_furter1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I usually pronounce that as 'antici.... pation'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm on the edge of my seat.

Mind you, that could just be all the sodomy.

Dammit.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I usually pronounce that as 'antici.... pation'.

Ohhh smarty pants - as if we haven't had enough with the hair splitting semantic gymnastics - now we're starting on pronunciation :mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement

I'm on the edge of my seat.

Mind you, that could just be all the sodomy.

Dammit.

I might be on the edge of my seat. It's hard to tell when I'm not sure if I exist yet or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Thought I'd post this interview here.

Its from a US political talk show, an interview with a guy who performs "gay exorcisms', ect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bobby42 wrote: »
    Thought I'd post this interview here.

Its from a US political talk show, an interview with a guy who performs "gay exorcisms', ect.

"The power of Christ un-gays you" ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Shredder66

iguana wrote: »
    Are you married? Because if you aren't how can you claim to know enough about what really goes on between a couple in a marriage to know what would 'cheapen' it? And if you are, how utterly pathetic is your marriage if what other people do can in any way cheapen it?

That's because you are an individual, all you see is yourself and your husband. You don't see yourself as part of a wider community, as part of a society, as part of a race owing no responsibility to anything except your own image and selfish indulgence. You are one of the if it feels good, do it crowd. You are also a brainwashed liberal or a homosexual who will follow any trend if you think that's what's "the right thing". People like you will be on websites like this advocating pedophile rights and bestiality marriage in a couple of decades just like the good little sheep you are. So why should I take anything you say into account!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

That's because you are an individual, all you see is yourself and your husband. You don't see yourself as part of a wider community, as part of a society, as part of a race owing no responsibility to anything except your own image and selfish indulgence. You are one of the if it feels good, do it crowd. You are also a brainwashed liberal or a homosexual who will follow any trend if you think that's what's "the right thing". People like you will be on websites like this advocating pedophile rights and bestiality marriage in a couple of decades just like the good little sheep you are. So why should I take anything you say into account!

Why are you so obssessed with what couples get up to in their sex lives? How does it affect your day to day existence?

And what has bestiality of paedophilia got to do with gay marriage?

Why are you so terrified of gay people?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So, wait. Let me get this straight:

If you're independently-minded and see yourself as an individual, then you're a brain-washed sheep following the trend?

Does it take long to clean up your keyboard after spewing so much diarrhoea from it?

I haven't seen one valid arguemtnt in favour of homosexuals marrying. unless I missed something, don't actually have time toread every single one you know?

Am I wasting your time? You obviously have so much going on in your life. Please feel free to ignore me, I won't be sad that's for sure

You've seen plenty of arguments for it. You're just chosing to dismiss them.

Love. Equality. Ever heard of these concepts?

Post reported.

Though I am confused as to how a married - so one assumes heterosexual - woman can also be a homosexual...

iguana, are you by any chance a brainwashed liberal bisexual????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Bestiality and pedophilia infringe upon the rights of others or animals and there is no legal consent involved. Homosexual relationships are between two consenting adults, why shouldn't they have the same rights as everyone else? It is not in any way harmful to society. Most posters here don't simply follow trends, they have informed opinions and don't listen to the propaganda of it being a dangerous path to follow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

[...] no responsibility to anything except your own image and selfish indulgence [...] brainwashed liberal [...] homosexual [...] will follow any trend [...] pedophile [...] bestiality [...] little sheep [...]
    Dude - any more of that kind of offensive crap and you'll be out of here prontissimo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

Shredder, did you ever present your secular arguments for shipping homosexuals off to Rainbow Island?

old hippy wrote: »
    Why are you so obssessed with what couples get up to in their sex lives? How does it affect your day to day existence?

And what has bestiality of paedophilia got to do with gay marriage?

Why are you so terrified of gay people?

Firstly - I'm not afraid of gay people, i just believe they are mentally sick, some can be cured and some are terminally ill. If you read Coming out straight by psychotherapist Richard Cohen, he explains that this behaviour is the result of deep emotional wounding from childhood.

Bestiality and Paedophilia at the moment are like what Homosexuality was before the 1960's (thereabouts). society is becoming more and more tolerant and I believe that this will be the next step. Peadophiles will say "gays have rights why can't we" and I'm sure a certain well-known politician who recently ran for president, who shal remain nameless would be vehemently supporting the idea as would 99.99% of Boards.ie users. Long story short, this is the next step, where will it end? If homosexuals will be allowed marry, will that be it then? They'll be happy and I won't have to listen to them whining on Newstalk or look them waving their little rainbow flags. i doubt it.

And finally - it doesn't affect me personally, it affects my society which I feel a sense of belonging to. I want to preserve my society, not help bring it down by promoting every type of degenerate to have equal rights and spread their poisonous depraved behaviour.

I hope I have answered your question.

PS - Sorry if I haven't replied to everyone I just don't have enough time or I don't think they're worthy of a response.

robindch wrote: »
    Dude - any more of that kind of offensive crap and you'll be out of here prontissimo.

That would greatly upset me:rolleyes:

doctoremma wrote: »
    Shredder, did you ever present your secular arguments for shipping homosexuals off to Rainbow Island?

Not until I hear a proper arguemtns as to why they shouldn't. I mean not an arguement like "because of equality"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Didn't Oldernwiser already post a link to an explanation of the slippery slope fallacy and why it's nonsense? You can't just repeat arguments that have already been shown to be ridiculous.

Well, you can, but don't expect anyone to listen to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Firstly - I'm not afraid of gay people, i just believe they are mentally sick, some can be cured and some are terminally ill. If you read Coming out straight by psychotherapist Richard Cohen, he explains that this behaviour is the result of deep emotional wounding from childhood.

You're referring to a discredited counsellor, he's no longer in anyway licensed as a result of his malpractice; you produce a conversion therapist and you claim there's nothing wrong with your opinion. :rolleyes:
    In 2002 Cohen was permanently expelled from the American Counseling Association, after it accused him of six violations of its ethics code, which bars members from actions which "seek to meet their personal needs at the expense of clients, those that exploit the trust and dependency of clients, and for soliciting testimonials or promoting products in a deceptive manner."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Cohen#Expulsion_from_the_ACA

By the way, you haven't produced a legitimate argument against it so i'm not sure what we can refute any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not until I hear a proper arguemtns as to why they shouldn't. I mean not an arguement like "because of equality"
    Proper arguments as to why we shouldn't segregate other human beings and exile them?

Because there's no good reason to.

Your turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

And finally - it doesn't affect me personally, it affects my society which I feel a sense of belonging to. I want to preserve my society, not help bring it down by promoting every type of degenerate to have equal rights and spread their poisonous depraved behaviour.

Yours? Yours? How humble of you.

Are you a big fan of Kim Jong Il, Stalin or the Pope?

Hahaha, . . . . . yours.

Bestiality and Paedophilia at the moment are like what Homosexuality was before the 1960's (thereabouts). society is becoming more and more tolerant and I believe that this will be the next step. Peadophiles will say "gays have rights why can't we" and I'm sure a certain well-known politician who recently ran for president, who shal remain nameless would be vehemently supporting the idea as would 99.99% of Boards.ie users. Long story short, this is the next step, where will it end? If homosexuals will be allowed marry, will that be it then? They'll be happy and I won't have to listen to them whining on Newstalk or look them waving their little rainbow flags. i doubt it.

I hope I have answered your question.

PS - Sorry if I haven't replied to everyone I just don't have enough time or I don't think they're worthy of a response.

What utter bobbins. Cohen's ramblings have been dismissed, as has he and no longer has a license to practice. Gay conversion "therapy" is a disgrace - people have tried to commit suicide after such "counselling".

You're pathetic attempts to equate homosexuality with kiddy fiddling is the sound of a barrel being well and truly scraped.

You'd put us bisexuals and gays on an island, would you? Try and convert us, perhaps? Maybe a branding to identify us? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You don't rate the idea of equality, no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement