Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Please please please please let this snowball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Is today "f**k me thats sh**e" Friday ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Fuinseog wrote: »
    a letter writer from todays Indo

For the past few days I have been in contact with RTE's 'Liveline' by phone, text and email to talk to Joe Duffy about the report in the 'Sunday Independent' about people working for RTE being paid through companies, thereby legally avoiding paying tax at 45pc plus PRSI and levies, and instead paying company tax at 12.5pc.

I thought this subject would be of interest to their listeners, but apparently they do not think so as they didn't call me back.

They seem to think that a discussion about something that happened 90 years ago in the 1920s is of more interest.

I wonder why?

Joe McArdle
    Blackrock, Dundalk

Irish Independen

This is the problem with Joe Duffy he tries to make out he is fair and balanced yet when topics arise that are of genuine interest to the general public but uncomfortable for him personally to deal with he ignores and makes out as if they are not happening, -gerry ryan, father reynolds, rte pensions, rte top earners etc.I feel he would gain a lot more respect from everybody if he just discussed these issues from time to time.His picking and choosing of topics to suit himself would not look out of place in North Korea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

JM Skipton wrote: »
    This is the problem with Joe Duffy he tries to make out he is fair and balanced yet when topics arise that are of genuine interest to the general public but uncomfortable for him personally to deal with he ignores and makes out as if they are not happening, -gerry ryan, father reynolds, rte pensions, rte top earners etc.I feel he would gain a lot more respect from everybody if he just discussed these issues from time to time.His picking and choosing of topics to suit himself would not look out of place in North Korea!

the problem is the duffmeisters nipple clamps are set to activate when discussing "death" and misery, preferbly at once, current affairs doesnt do it for him, or anything that might affect him/rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

withless wrote: »
    Please please please please let this snowball.

ring joe and say you want to talk about the seapoint tragedy or some kind of tragedy and then shock him by asking him about his tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

ring joe and say you want to talk about the seapoint tragedy or some kind of tragedy and then shock him by asking him about his tax.

....and get the quickest "terrible line, bad line" in Duffer history ;)

The great man (according to his blurb on RCS:rolleyes:) talking about the Olympics today.

Suppose he'll start off with the Munich massacre, hoping some Irish bar owner on the Marienplatz has some tales of death and mayhem to tell from '72. "it was terrible Joe, we were packed for three days after it"

Chances are he'll eventually move on to the deplorable state of the grave where the captain of the Irish tug-o'-war team who finished 6th in Athens 1896 is buried and how the gubbermint have treated his, and the Seapoint mussel eating team of 1908 - memories in such a disgraceful manner, my god, good god!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Enda Kenny is full of sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ask Pat Hickey about making Sonia O'Sullivan change her kit in the tunnel.. A gombeen of the highest order that lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Thank god it's not FF, I didn't get to the radio in time after the news in order to change channels and thought my ears were going to be polluted.

Anyway, Duffy is the new probation board. If you're sent to prison your mates just have to ring the Duffmeister to plead your case to have your prison sentence overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Joe seems to love the defenders of the debtors. This time a man banged up for VAT fraud is the salt of the earth, wouldn't see you wrong type.

• Advertisement

You dont mess with the state if you are the little guy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

rob from a citizen of the country you get a slap on the wrist. rob from the state coffers and you get banged up (unless your mick wallace)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Dont do the crime...etc etc.. at 53 years old he should no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

"I'm not defending the guy" Sounds an awful like you are, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Don't pay your tv licence: go to jail
    Don't pay £2m: get a seat in the dail

60 people...made up number alert!!!

When he mentioned a politican "with a tear in his eye", Joe got very uppity until yer man said he was referring to Mick Wallace.

If he said Bertie, Joe would have been down his throat!

I just hope Fitzey the Scumbags sentence fits the theft of 35bn from the state

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

What's going on here ? Is Joe now running a telethon for private sector charity ? Is the new sponsor IBEC and other self employed lobby groups ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I just hope Fitzey the Scumbags sentence fits the theft of 35bn from the state

Not a chance of them getting 6 years:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

a letter writer from todays Indo

For the past few days I have been in contact with RTE's 'Liveline' by phone, text and email to talk to Joe Duffy about the report in the 'Sunday Independent' about people working for RTE being paid through companies, thereby legally avoiding paying tax at 45pc plus PRSI and levies, and instead paying company tax at 12.5pc

Explains why he did 20 minutes on a non-story yesterday criticising the Sunday Independent.

get to the point you waffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Explains why he did 20 minutes on a non-story yesterday criticising the Sunday Independent.

every days a non story on liveline

He likes to talk

He owes so much to the Revenue Comm. and is sent to jail.

Genuine question here:

Does that debt still apply when he serves his time or is it wiped off the slate?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

Liveline Special - Business Men in Prison. Should be fascinating with Joe's in depth knowledge of the nations prisons interior decor and facilities.

europa11 wrote: »
    He owes so much to the Revenue Comm. and is sent to jail.

Genuine question here:

Does that debt still apply when he serves his time or is it wiped off the slate?

I would hope it would be gone

Now what tribe would be doing that?

"The Guards are so overwhelmed". Really!!!....and why would they bother their holes at all when they've got this ready made excuse and apologists like this gimp to cover for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

"Anti robbery protection"?
    You mean "security"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement