Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 250

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I just checked Ch.4+1

It seems to be unencrypted on
    12304H
    10937V
    10729V

I cannot presently receive it on 10729V for some reason, but both the other muxes are working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

My bad copied details from wrong post. It's 10936

(and it's not even Monday..:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

My bad copied details from wrong post. It's 10936

(and it's not even Monday..:o)

Actually my arriva is the 153

Anyone got a setup file for it, with all the channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If you post this in the 153 Thread I can post a file for you.
    Actually my arriva is the 153

Anyone got a setup file for it, with all the channels?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭corkmans1

I bought an ARIVA 250 off the net second hand but starting to think I should have just purchased a new pre configured one :).
    -I can get most saorview channels but do not pick up RTE 2 (maybe the aerial as its an indoor cheap usb aerial).
    -I have scanned for Satellite channels and get no BBC, Channel 4, UTV. I do get other channels such as CNN, challenge and shopping channels.

I really only want the BBCs , Chanel 4s, UTVs and saorview. I have updated the firmware but the channels I receive are still the same. I have tried satellites Astra 2a and Eurobird 1 and I am using a Sky dish.

Does someone have the channel list that I can install via USB or any other ideas on how to get the missing channels. Thanks.
    Also if anyone can recommend a indoor aerial that may work better for the Saorview. I do use the same aerial on a TV with built in Saorview and it works fine. Thanks.

• Advertisement

corkmans1 wrote: »
    I bought an ARIVA 250 off the net second hand but starting to think I should have just purchased a new pre configured one :).
    -I can get most saorview channels but do not pick up RTE 2 (maybe the aerial as its an indoor cheap usb aerial).
    -I have scanned for Satellite channels and get no BBC, Channel 4, UTV. I do get other channels such as CNN, challenge and shopping channels.

I really only want the BBCs , Chanel 4s, UTVs and saorview. I have updated the firmware but the channels I receive are still the same. I have tried satellites Astra 2a and Eurobird 1 and I am using a Sky dish.

Does someone have the channel list that I can install via USB or any other ideas on how to get the missing channels. Thanks.
    Also if anyone can recommend a indoor aerial that may work better for the Saorview. I do use the same aerial on a TV with built in Saorview and it works fine. Thanks.

If you had Sky Q before you may need to change the LNB on the dish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

all frequencys are wrong if u cant get a list do a blind search on astra 28

If you had Sky Q before you may need to change the LNB on the dish.

Hey I had sky plus, the dish is up about 5 years.

Nowso wrote: »
    all frequencys are wrong if u cant get a list do a blind search on astra 28

I can do a blind scan on ASTRA 2A which shows as E 28.2 for me. I get lots of channels just not channel 4, bbc or UTVs.

A blind scan should find ~950 channels. Either try your box on a known working, non Q dish or borrow a known working, non Q box and try it on your dish. That way you'll know if it is your dish or box at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Try deleting all of the channels you have scanned so far and redo the blind scan but on Eurobird 1 instead of Astra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Surely if he's getting Challenge and a few others the dish is fine? There have been some times on the Ariva where I've had to set it to Eurobird in order to get Astra channels from a scan though.

Not necessarily. Satellite tuners use 4 different bands controlled by a signal from the box to the LNB on the dish. It is possible for an LNB or box to fail in such a way that it only works on some bands. You would then get some but not all channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah but how often does that happen tbh? Not reason enough to go messing with the dish alignment or changing the LNB at this stage anyway, Id say its most likely the Eurobird/Astra issue, reset and rescan. Same for his Saorview issues, probably trying to use the existing settings from wherever it was posted, delete everything and start over.

Hello, thanks for all the tips

I have Reset box and see current firmware V1.31B2 and this is the most up to date version available seemingly.
    Blind scan on eurobird 1 for FTA channels only gave 164 channels.... should it be more?
    again no channel 4s, bbc, utv

Deleted channels
    Blind scan on eurobird 1 gave 805 Channel total (mix of FTA and paid channels ) again no channel 4s, bbc, utv

Deleted channels
    Blind scan on Astra 2A for FTA channels gave 110 channels, again no channel 4s, bbc, utv

Deleted channels
    Blind scan on Astra 2A gave 787 Channel total (mix of FTA and paid channels ) again no channel 4s, bbc, utv

I can take the box to my fathers house during the week and see if using his satellite makes any difference. Any other ideas in the mean time appreciated.

Satellite boxes use tables of settings for each satellite. For convenience they use the sat names but in the end it's just a list of frequencies. Often these frequencies overlap between sats so that you will sometimes still get results even if using the wrong sat name. In this case Astra 2A and Eurobird 1 were both retired in mid 2015 so that shows how out of date your lists are. If no one can supply you with up to date info then the only option is to manually add the missing Transponder (TP) tuning details. Dave from freetv has some videos on his site for the 252 which I think is similar.
    This site lists all the FTA channels info.
    For example Channel 4 HD is on 11127 V 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

Satellite boxes use tables of settings for each satellite. For convenience they use the sat names but in the end it's just a list of frequencies. Often these frequencies overlap between sats so that you will sometimes still get results even if using the wrong sat name. In this case Astra 2A and Eurobird 1 were both retired in mid 2015 so that shows how out of date your lists are. If no one can supply you with up to date info then the only option is to manually add the missing Transponder (TP) tuning details. Dave from freetv has some videos on his site for the 252 which I think is similar.
    This site lists all the FTA channels info.
    For example Channel 4 HD is on 11127 V 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

Thanks very much Gerry, I will try this and if no luck will just purchase a new box that is set up. I really wanted to buy something cheap to begin with just to see was it okay moving from lets say RTE to BBC and this box seemed fine moving from RTE to other FTA channels so happy enough that to go and purchase a new one. Any suggestions on a box to get? and I suppose be better off to get it from fret as they are programmed and have channel list already applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Thanks very much Gerry, I will try this and if no luck will just purchase a new box that is set up. I really wanted to buy something cheap to begin with just to see was it okay moving from lets say RTE to BBC and this box seemed fine moving from RTE to other FTA channels so happy enough that to go and purchase a new one. Any suggestions on a box to get? and I suppose be better off to get it from fret as they are programmed and have channel list already applied.

Before you go off and buy a new box, have you checked if you can receive the missing channels on someone elses box? Can you borrow a box to check?

You could change the box and find that you still have the same problem.

Also, have you tried a scan on the other cable from the LNB that you should have had with Sky+?

Finally, if you go to Menu > Installation > Antenna Setup...... check that the LNB Frequency is set to "Universal (9750-10600)" and your Polarity is set to "Auto".

To be honest, I'd be looking at the LNB rather than the box.

Avns1s wrote: »
    Before you go off and buy a new box, have you checked if you can receive the missing channels on someone elses box? Can you borrow a box to check?

You could change the box and find that you still have the same problem.

Also, have you tried a scan on the other cable from the LNB that you should have had with Sky+?

Finally, if you go to Menu > Installation > Antenna Setup...... check that the LNB Frequency is set to "Universal (9750-10600)" and your Polarity is set to "Auto".

To be honest, I'd be looking at the LNB rather than the box.

Thanks, I understand what you mean, I will make sure the box is working before getting a second box.

I have manually added transponder mentioned by gerry "For example Channel 4 HD is on 11127 V 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK" and it said the transponder was already added. I searched this responder only and it said No Programs Found. I also checked 10714 H 22000 5/6 which was suppose to give channel 4 and this also said no channels found.

I know my father has his own dish which is not a sky dish so I will try get the box unto him over the weekend and try it there. I think he may also have a FTA box that I can borrow and try in my house. I will let you the result once done. Thanks to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Thanks, I understand what you mean, I will make sure the box is working before getting a second box.

I have manually added transponder mentioned by gerry "For example Channel 4 HD is on 11127 V 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK" and it said the transponder was already added. I searched this responder only and it said No Programs Found. I also checked 10714 H 22000 5/6 which was suppose to give channel 4 and this also said no channels found.

Use the add a transponder function same freq and change the S/R to 22001 Or change the freq by one and use the same s/r etc

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »

Use the add a transponder function same freq and change the S/R to 22001 Or change the freq by one and use the same s/r etc

Still no luck after trying this and just noticed it said fail after scan. When running the full scan it sais fail after not receiving channels from a scanned responder. It says pass for responders which i get channels from so not sure does this mean anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Still no luck after trying this and just noticed it said fail after scan. When running the full scan it sais fail after not receiving channels from a scanned responder. It says pass for responders which i get channels from so not sure does this mean anything.

There is a good chance that your satellite dish has moved slightly or that the lnb port is blown. You should be getting a signal.

Go to TP list and check signal and quality readings for transponders you are not receiving . Check to see if they have anything in common eg are they Horizontal or vertical or all high or low in the frequency table. This may give some clues as to what is wrong.

Thanks for all the advice, i have tried the box in my fathers house and get all channels. I suppose next step is the lnb, is there and lnb in particular i should be getting? Thanks.

I would check the TP list first as I mentioned above to rule out dish alignment before you spend money on an LNB.

Thanks Tony, will try this tonigh and let you know.

Just back home and checked box and none of the channels that worked with my fathers dish are working for me, actually I don't think any channels at all are working. I have checked the TP signals for channel 4 and ITV, the signal intensity is 45% and the signal quality is 10% so maybe the dish just needs alignment.

I have scanned to pick up channels with my dish and other TPs are showing signal intensity is 90% and signal quality 76%.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Just back home and checked box and none of the channels that worked with my fathers dish are working for me, actually I don't think any channels at all are working. I have checked the TP signals for channel 4 and ITV, the signal intensity is 45% and the signal quality is 10% so maybe the dish just needs alignment.

I have scanned to pick up channels with my dish and other TPs are showing signal intensity is 90% and signal quality 76%.

your dish / lnb /cable set up must be the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Seb79

Hi,

I upgraded my ariva 250 combo to the latest firmware but now when I do a scan it doesn't find any channels at all... Can anybody help? :(

I downloaded abs file on stick, chose upgrade by usb, then userdb, picked the file and then start but no channels are being found...

Thanks in advance,

Seb.

• Advertisement

Check that Astra 2 is selected in the satellite list, it should have a "heart" image beside it.

Seb79 wrote: »
    Hi,

I upgraded my ariva 250 combo to the latest firmware but now when I do a scan it doesn't find any channels at all... Can anybody help? :(

I downloaded abs file on stick, chose upgrade by usb, then userdb, picked the file and then start but no channels are being found...

Thanks in advance,

Seb.

Advertisement