Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Grants 2012/2013 ---- any responses yet ???

Options
  • 24-07-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey ,
    just wondering, has anyone recieved their grant application pack yet from SUSI.
    I applied for around the 23rd(ish) June and nothing yet ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I applied around the same time and received my application pack yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mr.boombastic

Applied on June 20th (5weeks ago 2mo) and still havent received anything! Spoke to a girl on the phone yesterday in SUSI and she told me my application was still being processed...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

cheers guys ... hope it will come soon, then the lever arch of "relevant documents' has to be put together ... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ddixon

My son applied on the first day you could, and still has not received any information yet. Probably would have spent it all on booze by now anyway.

yup ...rang up yesterday , mine is still in the "big pile" waiting to be accessed !! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

applied on June 20th and received the SUSI document request letter yesterday ---- so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pizza_saur_rex

I applied the second day it came out, and got the letter requesting for the documents around July 3rd. Sent in the requirement documentation the following day, and haven't heard anything back. I sent them an email the other day and got a generic response along the liens of: "Dear Mr. Pizzasaurs, your application is in a big pile on the desk, and we will get to it went the spirit moves us, love SUSI".

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Nothing back on that yet, applied at the start of July. If I even had the "your application is currently being processed" letter, I'd be slightly relieved, as at least I could let the college know on registration day I should have word on that soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Applied the first day and still waiting. I have a lot of my documents together already though so I'll be able to send it nearly right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mr.boombastic

Applied the first day and still waiting. I have a lot of my documents together already though so I'll be able to send it nearly right away.

You been onto SUSI about it?seems like a long time to be waiting.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

guys how much do you actually get if you're given the full grant? and how much is the top up? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

The different rates are here:
    http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9552/grant-levels/index.html

Full grant is 3,025
    Special rate is 5,915

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cottage garden

I applied june 28th but received no documentation request to date. But, when i rang them on Monday last they told me I have provisional approval & the letter re documentation should be out soon. Still waiting though!

I applied june 28th but received no documentation request to date. But, when i rang them on Monday last they told me I have provisional approval & the letter re documentation should be out soon. Still waiting though!

If it's not out by Monday maybe give them another ring just to check it hasn't been lost in the post or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

You been onto SUSI about it?seems like a long time to be waiting.....

Actually emailed them about something else and they had mentioned my application had processed and I was eligible and should receive my letter saying what to send in two to three weeks. That was about a week and a half ago. But still waiting so I can send everything back. Hopefully I'll hear by the end of next week. I'd love to just get this sorted as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

Applied on the 19th of June and still waiting:/

Applied on the 19th of June and still waiting:/

hey ..... I applied a couple of days after that, and recieved my pack on the 2nd August , so you should call them !! ...

got my pack in the post . and posted everything back on the 7th august . Anybody know what the turnaround time is now for them to get back to me ?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Got my pack in the post yesterday and I'm going to try to get it sent out by Tuesday. :)

madcharlie wrote: »
    got my pack in the post . and posted everything back on the 7th august . Anybody know what the turnaround time is now for them to get back to me ?? :)

No one has heard back from them after sending in documents, and I read someone say they got in touch with SUSI and they wont be told until September.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fennellryan

I applied on the 4th of July and have received nothing from them yet. That's six and a half weeks ago - Do I need to contact them or is that just how long it takes to process the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Sent mine in one the 1st July and got the letter looking for documents on the 9th. Sent the thing off on Monday 13th so it's just the waiting game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

I've applied through SUSI this year and they've sent me a letter at the end of July saying that I'm not eligible for a grant as our income is over 70k :eek:
    In reality, whole family together earns a bit more than half of that :(

I've emailed them nearly three weeks ago explaining the situation. They replied the next day stating that they will review the issue and get back to me. It has been ages now.

Is anybody in similar situation? I wonder how long they will be reviewing this for... I'm getting worried!

Yuugib wrote: »
    I've applied through SUSI this year and they've sent me a letter at the end of July saying that I'm not eligible for a grant as our income is over 70k :eek:
    In reality, whole family together earns a bit more than half of that :(

I've emailed them nearly three weeks ago explaining the situation. They replied the next day stating that they will review the issue and get back to me. It has been ages now.

Is anybody in similar situation? I wonder how long they will be reviewing this for... I'm getting worried!

How do you mean, like after tax you earn half of that? Or your gross income is half that?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Muir wrote: »
    How do you mean, like after tax you earn half of that? Or your gross income is half that?

Gross is half of that actually, so technically I should be eligible for the full grant :/

Sorry for not being clear.

If the gross income is half that then it was probably just some sort of error & they'll sort it out. Maybe phone them on Monday & ask if there's any update? The whole process is a bit slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wispa9

Going into first year and should be eligible for the grant, I'm sending off my documentation in a few days. I'm a bit unclear as to what exactly I'll have to pay once I go to college. I know the grant covers the student contribution fee, but if my application hasn't been fully approved in time, do I have to pay that myself, then get the money off SUSI? Or do I just let the college know that it's "in the post"... :P All answers appreciated. :)

wispa9 wrote: »
    Going into first year and should be eligible for the grant, I'm sending off my documentation in a few days. I'm a bit unclear as to what exactly I'll have to pay once I go to college. I know the grant covers the student contribution fee, but if my application hasn't been fully approved in time, do I have to pay that myself, then get the money off SUSI? Or do I just let the college know that it's "in the post"... :P All answers appreciated. :)

I know that this year when you register with UCD, they will ask for your grant application number & then SUSI will let them know if you're successful. Some colleges may be a bit stricter than others but if they start looking for the fees just let them know that you expect to get the grant & are waiting on confirmation, hopefully they'll be okay with that.

Also the grant doesn't cover the Student center levy which is €183 in UCD. It goes by different names in other colleges, I think it can be over €200 in some colleges. So you'll have to pay that.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wispa9

Muir wrote: »
    I know that this year when you register with UCD, they will ask for your grant application number & then SUSI will let them know if you're successful. Some colleges may be a bit stricter than others but if they start looking for the fees just let them know that you expect to get the grant & are waiting on confirmation, hopefully they'll be okay with that.

Also the grant doesn't cover the Student center levy which is €183 in UCD. It goes by different names in other colleges, I think it can be over €200 in some colleges. So you'll have to pay that.

Oh thanks! I'm going to UL so I'll have to check. Hopefully they're as understanding as UCD! Thanks a million! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

How does the awarding authority determine whether I'm within 45km of the college I'm applying to? Is it 45km as the crow flies?

Advertisement