Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympics Betting Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Victoria Pendleton 5/6 in the womens sprint. Surely a lock?

Fastest in the qualifying round and with a new world record into 4/7 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

China to win 3 - 2 @ 6.00 in the volleyball currently on,
    S.Korea to win 3 -2 @ 7.00 aswell,

Both advance with either score line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

There's a few special offers of 2's or thereabouts floating round on bolt to do the 100, 200m double. If you fancy him tonight, then take that. If he wins tonight then he will go to 1/5 or so to win the 200m, which you can then lay off by backing Blake or just laying Bolt. Your basically getting 2/1 on him winning tonight

China to win 3 - 2 @ 6.00 in the volleyball currently on,
    S.Korea to win 3 -2 @ 7.00 aswell,

Both advance with either score line

China 3 - 2,

Winner winner

2.10 in play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Evan Jager to medal in 3000m Steeple @ 3/1 worth a punt IMO (Though my record so far has been less than stellar)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kf1

Jonathan Borlee is 5/2 to win the 400m with Merritt out. his qualification time yesterday was 44:43 - his nearest rival ran 44:92. his recent form is excellent so that looks like a pretty generous price (bear in mind his brother Kevin also runs in the same race so not to be confused...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

PP going 11/8 all 8 runners to go under 10 seconds in the 100m final.

Looks a good bet after watching the semi finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

robbie1977 wrote: »

Looks decent Richard thompson the only one not to but ran 10.02, His PB is 9.89 so not too bothered by that.

Might take this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Yes 11/8 PP, No 6/5 SkyBet. Back both.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

skybet had yes 6/5 earlier, maybe an error or maybe one big bet has scared them.

the WR is excellent price at 2/1 on betfair considering how strong bolt looked easing off in his semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

manafana wrote: »
    skybet had yes 6/5 earlier, maybe an error or maybe one big bet has scared them.

the WR is excellent price at 2/1 on betfair considering how strong bolt looked easing off in his semi.

Just did it at 7/4 with PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,634 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv gone for Bolt 1st and Blake 2nd @ 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

-Ade- wrote: »
    3 bets atm -

Usain Bolt 5/6
    i didnt lump and am sorry now

i did have a bet on him doing the double at 6/4 so not all bad
    id be surprised if i wasnt collecting on it

Someone is trying to put €37,000 on no new world record at 1.37 on betfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,634 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Iv gone for Bolt 1st and Blake 2nd @ 5/6

yessssssssssssssssss
    ssssssssssssssssss
    ssssssssssssssssss

Ah FFS would of come up if Powell had'nt of pulled up injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Someone is trying to put €37,000 on no new world record at 1.37 on betfair.

Did they get it on?

pithater1 wrote: »
    Did they get it on?

I dont think so it was lowered to 1.36 at €30,000 near the off
    the last I saw and that was very near the off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

thinking of having a decent bet on mo farah for the 5000m 6/5, chris hoy at 4/9 , allyson felix 1/3, allistair brownlee 2/5, works out nearly 5/1 for the accum!
    dont really know much about these has anybody any advice? does it have a good chance or what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 kf1

felix and brownlee should do the business for you. don't know too much about hoy's race but i think Farah could be risky even after his performance last week. a couple of strong africans coming into this race fresh.

its mugs bet really, betting short priced favs for the fun of it, brownlee is good but so is his brother, and in that event something can do wrong.

reckon one will let you down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Tiernster7

manafana wrote: »
    its mugs bet really, betting short priced favs for the fun of it, brownlee is good but so is his brother, and in that event something can do wrong.

reckon one will let you down

Moekhlafa whose disqualified is still second favourite for 1500 metres surely worth a bet on kiprop now 17/10

Tiernster7 wrote: »
    Moekhlafa whose disqualified is still second favourite for 1500 metres surely worth a bet on kiprop now 17/10

He was reinstated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Tiernster7

Tiernster7 wrote: »

He was reinstated
    Just seen thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Christian Taylor at 5/4 with pp in the triple jumo will do for me he's be 8/13 after the qualifiers tomorrow evg. Idowu won't medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Christian Taylor at 5/4 with pp in the triple jumo will do for me he's be 8/13 after the qualifiers tomorrow evg. Idowu won't medal.

Well Idowu out already. I assumed he'd at least qualift. Christian taylor topped qualification with one of only two automatically qualifying. On betfair he seems to be settling around 1.73 so 8/13 won't be too far off with the thieves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

Fraser Price is a big price @6.50 for the 200m.

Rezai in the 96kg greco roman wrestling looks overpriced @2.25 in the final.

Looked very impressive in the semi.

• Advertisement

Brittney Reese in the womens long jump tonight.

She's the favourite at evens. 2nd favourite is 7/1.

The 2nd favourites best jump this year was 7.11m with a +1.3m/s wind behind her. This jump was on the 20th of June.

Reese jumped 7.15 with a +1.0m/s wind behind her and this jump was on the 1st of July.

Looks good for evens :)

Sigh Pendleton

Rezai in the 96kg greco roman wrestling looks overpriced @2.25 in the final.

Looked very impressive in the semi.

Anyone get on this? ;)

I didn't. Trying to save my money atm. He won 3-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Anyone got opinions on Mo Farah this morning in the 5000m at evens?

PP giving Katie a point handicap of -10.5 for later @ 5/6. Surely she's not that dominant??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

PP giving Katie a point handicap of -10.5 for later @ 5/6. Surely she's not that dominant??

The last time these two boxed, Katie won 16-6.

• Advertisement

BKC wrote: »
    The last time these two boxed, Katie won 16-6.

Fair point, reckon I'll stay away from that one so. On another note, they have her @ 1/20 to win the fight, surely one for the Path to Power?

Fair point, reckon I'll stay away from that one so. On another note, they have her @ 1/20 to win the fight, surely one for the Path to Power?

I considered it, but I'm trying to cut down on the full-bank bets. I know she is going to win, but I'll have to bet the full €2,000 to win €100.

I considered it, but I'm trying to cut down on the full-bank bets. I know she is going to win, but I'll have to bet the full €2,000 to win €100.

Good point, going 95% bankroll on it myself though (profit is profit). What bookies are you using out of interest.

1/12 with ladbrokes is bit better anyway.

Good point, going 95% bankroll on it myself though (profit is profit). What bookies are you using out of interest.

I always use Paddy Power as it's the most convenient for me.

• Advertisement

Dabbled with 365 for a while but their range of markets is too confusing slightly (too much to pick from)

I ended up doing it in the end. :pac:

I ended up doing it in the end. :pac:

Probably the easiest 100 lids you'll ever win ;)

Probably the easiest 100 lids you'll ever win ;)

I know it'd be very unlikely but I'd still be ****ting it having 2k on :eek:

I know it'd be very unlikely but I'd still be ****ting it having 2k on :eek:

Ah had a cheeky hundred on it myself, never felt any stress at all, was just one of those bets

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ziggy_bone

China have 5 more gold medals than the US, and they are second favourite in PP at 12/5. Thoughts? Might put a sneaky 20 on it

ziggy_bone wrote: »
    China have 5 more gold medals than the US, and they are second favourite in PP at 12/5. Thoughts? Might put a sneaky 20 on it

Hmmmm.

Both basketball golds going to US, probably womens soccer as well. So thats 3 of the 5 gone already. US likely to get more track also, especially in longer sprint and relays. With gymnastics, table tennis, badminton now done where are China's gold gonna come from.

I backed China to win more golds pre games and am already writing it off, wouldnt see much value in this tbh

Hmmmm.

Both basketball golds going to US, probably womens soccer as well. So thats 3 of the 5 gone already. US likely to get more track also, especially in longer sprint and relays. With gymnastics, table tennis, badminton now done where are China's gold gonna come from.

I backed China to win more golds pre games and am already writing it off, wouldnt see much value in this tbh

Japan are world champions in the soccer. Not guaranteed for the womens gold.

Japan are world champions in the soccer. Not guaranteed for the womens gold.

Fair point. I still stand by the fact that the table is a bit deceiving as things stand with the US having much the stronger events remaining compared to China

Fair point. I still stand by the fact that the table is a bit deceiving as things stand with the US having much the stronger events remaining compared to China

USA could well win womens football gold, are all the taekwando medals handed out yet? The chinese would be handy at that wouldn't they?

• Advertisement
Advertisement