Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympics Betting Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

It is not a sealed deal, while you would expect him to blow off the cobwebs and come out on top, commentators are saying it could be the first ever final where all finalists will run sub 10 seconds.

Michael Johnston was saying he could see Bolt running 9.3 seconds giving us a new world record,

Bolt to win and world record double?

I don't know who I heard saying it, could be the same guy, but said if Bolt sorted out his start he could break the World record again. I wouldn't put it past him tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

It is not a sealed deal, while you would expect him to blow off the cobwebs and come out on top, commentators are saying it could be the first ever final where all finalists will run sub 10 seconds.

Michael Johnston was saying he could see Bolt running 9.3 seconds giving us a new world record,

Bolt to win and world record double?

Avoid like the plague. You wont get WR in London. Between climate and the fact that despite running better than last year he is not in 9.5 shape atm. I think he will win but quickest I can see is probably 9.6 mids.

There could be a bit of mid games going on but I still dont think its possible. With Blake's pressences you are going to have Bolt a little more tense in terms of his start so he wont be repeating Beijing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

ecoli wrote: »
    Avoid like the plague. You wont get WR in London. Between climate and the fact that despite running better than last year he is not in 9.5 shape atm. I think he will win but quickest I can see is probably 9.6 mids.

There could be a bit of mid games going on but I still dont think its possible. With Blake's pressences you are going to have Bolt a little more tense in terms of his start so he wont be repeating Beijing

Yes I never took the obvious into consideration you are right about the climate conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

KevIRL wrote: »
    PP have them at 7/1 in the event betting to win, however in their 'Irish Medals Specials' market O Leary and Burrows are 7/1 to win a medal

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/olympics/olympics-medal-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=749428

It looks like they had a good start today, they lie in second place after 2 races.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/player/331083/?autoplay=1

Just checked the odds now and only 2 bookies have odds up for it but William Hill have them at 7/2 for gold and Ladbrokes at 4/1 for gold
    so they must of had a great start today.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Sun Yang to win the 200m free is 5/2. Crackin price. Sure he's got Lochte to beat but the man is a machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭skydish79

Does anyone know anything about China's Ye Shiwen

She is swimming in the womens 200m IM

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/swimming/womens-olympics/Womens-200m-IM-3929665.html?force_racing_css=N

She is favourite at 5/6 but given the below info, looks a safe bet.

The "interesting" thing is that in the 400IM in her last leg she swam fast than Ryan Lochte the american swimmer

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2012/07/29/chinese-swimmer-shocks-multitudes-split-beat-lochte/22522/

Im presuming its the same girl

skydish79 wrote: »

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/swimming/womens-olympics/Womens-200m-IM-3929665.html?force_racing_css=N

The "interesting" thing is that in the 400IM in her last leg she swam fast than Ryan Lochte the american swimmer

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2012/07/29/chinese-swimmer-shocks-multitudes-split-beat-lochte/22522/

That's a cracking price. Her only competition is steph rice who had a horrible swim yesterday and coutts who just grabbed a bronze tonite without looking spectacular. All over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Italy were the surprise winners of the mens teams archery today. The trio are still available at big prices for the individual event on PP though

Nespoli 66/1
    Frangilli 150/1
    Galiazzo 200/1

These been trimmed to

Nespoli and Frangilli 50's and Galiazzo 150/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Gebremeskel beat Mo Farah in The New Balance Indoor Grand Prix 3000m race in 2011 running the entire race with only one shoe.

mickmc7 wrote: »
    Sun Yang to win the 200m free is 5/2. Crackin price. Sure he's got Lochte to beat but the man is a machine.

Lochte is only 3rd favourite too :eek:

• Advertisement

skydish79 wrote: »

Suspicions of ;) How a 16 year old swims faster than Lochte is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Tiernster7

Can I ask if you win your bet and there is a suspicious B sample down the line Paddy never comes back does he

Tiernster7 wrote: »
    Can I ask if you win your bet and there is a suspicious B sample down the line Paddy never comes back does he

I'd say if he/she gets the medal presented they can't get it back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Tiernster7

ecoli wrote: »
    Great bet IMO the boxing lads have been talking of 2-3 as a genuine medal haul in the Boxing alone. Couple that with Rheinisch in the Canoeing today who placed 4th In Beijing its definitedly worth a punt despite Taylors tough draw

I've gone for this myself based on a boxer coming through. I'm more confident about medals rather than gold medals if I'm being honest

mickmc7 wrote: »
    He's into 11/10 fav now after last nites semi finals. Lochte gone out to 11/4 from even money favorite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

remember there's 2 bronze medals in the boxing, so once they reach the semi they get a medal, no 3rd place playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

robbie1977 wrote: »
    This guy http://www.london2012.com/athlete/hrachov-dmytro-1039109/

is as low as 8/1 stan james ...10/1 bet365 ....12/1 ladbrokes for the individual event.

but he's 100/1 with other bookies .
    l just done him each way 90/1 with PP

I see he is now 11/2 2nd favourite with Paddy Power!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No real value on Lochete nor Greaves tonight.

Gone for a small bet on Missy Franklin @ 6/1 in the 100m backstroke.

Nice, I got Yang Sun last night @2.10 for the 200m freestyle on tonight.

He's cut down to @1.83 now. Lochte is 3rd favourite @4.50

Can't see Yang beaten. Still represents value.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

what were the odds on Angel in the 200m freestyle?

• Advertisement

wprathead wrote: »
    what were the odds on Angel in the 200m freestyle?

Greater than 4.5

Greater than 4.5

Agnel was 2/1

Samich wrote: »
    Agnel was 2/1

Not Greater than 4.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

cool, was prob higher than 2/1 before the relay

Congrats Ade on Miss Franklin

Not Greater than 4.5.

Yes, he was 2/1 ;) :P Poor call by me :( Lost some money on Sun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

-Ade- wrote: »
    No real value on Lochete nor Greaves tonight.

Gone for a small bet on Missy Franklin @ 6/1 in the 100m backstroke.

Good call! :)

It was some swim considering she swam 20 minutes before, ya gota love the youth 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Any boxing tips?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Good call! :)

Cheers lads. Kinda wished I put on more than 20 quid on it now, but I'm being greedy. A friend was adamant she'd win! He was right.

It was some swim considering she swam 20 minutes before, ya gota love the youth 17.

Aye, some talent. Delighted for her bet aside, considering were she is from (Colorado) and that extra motivation she had going into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

interested in any tips we could come up with done badly first 2days after coming back very tired from trip away havnt been thinking straight.

The mens swimming is so open this year, looking forward to track cycling too.

Advertisement