Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 149 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

This has been a really good card so far! Hope it stays on form. Caraway for FOTN so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ESPN has live tennis on......I have a bad feeling about this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

That was a hometown decision, there. Mc Gee won that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Court McGee robbed there imo. A draw at the very least, because Ring got destroyed in that last round. Also bitter because that gives me a negative score in the fantasy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Criticism of Rosenthal is a bit harsh IMO, my gut reaction when I saw it was that Clements called for a low blow. I didn't think he'd been hit low but assumed he had by his reaction. Imagine Rosenthal thought the exact same. And the fact Clements paused and looked at the ref indicates it's more shenanigans on his part than anything else.

• Advertisement

This has actually been a great card. Some great fights, really impressed by Riddle, I never really rated him before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Quality finish and fight from Riddle. Did exactly what he needed, when he needed to do it. I'm a fan after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Lads, this seems odd, but I have a bet with a friend, were elbows to the face legal in Pride? Just for conformation, so i can prove he is wrong ha. Thanks fpr any responses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Lads, this seems odd, but I have a bet with a friend, were elbows to the face legal in Pride? Just for conformation, so i can prove he is wrong ha. Thanks fpr any responses :)
    Nope. No elbows on the ground iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Podge2k7 wrote: »

They were illegal. If I can recall.

• Advertisement

Yep, definitely illegal. They reckoned elbows ruin fights by ending fights due to cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 39,185 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ebersole always looks likes he's taking the puss too much.
    Not a good day for my picks.

Nope. No elbows on the ground iirc
    not just on the ground. All elbows afaik

I'm 1/8 tonight, and I lost those 50 points because I boosted some other guy that lost lol. Good thing I'm not a betting man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I'm not much of a better but I'd love to know if bookies take bets on nutshots. I'd put a lot of money on Kongo landing a good one in this fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Crowd are a shower of morons tonight.

Crowd are a shower of morons tonight.

Why?

Well, think thats me getting a big fat 0 tonight.

How disappointing was that from Lombard. I thought he won 29-28 (1st Boetsch, 2nd and 3rd Lombard), because Boetsch did zero damage and had zero takedowns but Lombard looked as if he didn't want to be there, or was just trying to do the absolute minimum to get the result. Whatever it was, it didn't work. He was the main reason I stayed up for this. His bandwagon is going to be quite a bit lighter after this.

Pretty bad show alright. It seems that a load of mid-level guys were given a chance and just showed up for a paycheck. Fairly disappointing event.

• Advertisement

Undercard was great, just went downhill with the Ebersole/Head fight.

Lombard got screwed.
    He was looking for openings, active, better in the clinch. Tim just through out a few wild shots.

Is he alright?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Mellor wrote: »
    Lombard got screwed.
    He was looking for openings, active, better in the clinch. Tim just through out a few wild shots.
    eh what? he just stood flat footed for 95% of the time! looking or openings???? ha ive never heard that one before as a reasoning to give the decision.
    the only hing of note from hector was his wearing of 4 tops, more interesting than his fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

why did riddle stop without being told by the ref, i think he contributed to the confusion. he knew he didnt hi him in the nuts but didnt go for the kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,060 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Watched the main card there now and to say underwhelmed would be accurate, really poor stuff. The Riddle fight was the only good one, the rest were slow, methodical crap. And no way did Lombard deserve it, he was slow, disinterested/overawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Agree with Ben just saw the main card and only the riddle fight was good. The kongo fight and then lombard fight would of having me p'd if i stayed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    Lombard got screwed.

Not a hope.

Tim didn't run away with it. But there was no robbery. Lombard did nothing in the entire fight to say he deserved to win the fight! Not that Tim did either, but you can't be so lacklustre in a fight and then call it a robbery when you lose.

Didn't see the undercard but just watched the Main Card. Very poor in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Agreed with the Lombard decision, he was rubbish, all that hype ended pretty quickly.

Kongo fight was rubbish!

The riddle submission was class

Expected a bit more from Faber, but i think it was just a bad match up for him. it was dangerous for him to go to the ground and he was the worse striker of the 2.

Pretty rubbish overall-if i had of paid for it i would be well pissed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Didn't see the undercard but just watched the Main Card. Very poor in my opinion.

The undercard was much better. I am not surprised by how the crowd were reacting during the main card. It was like some of the fighters didn't care.

Advertisement