Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

my selection for tomorrow
    Krul
    Cole.A(v), Kompany, Walker
    Allen, Wright-Phillips, Kagawa, Hazard
    Pogrebnyak, Torres(c), Van Persie

bench
    Cerny, McCarthy.J, Barnett, Clyne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

OK, I'm going to bed with this team. 3m in the bank.

Bale likely to come in for Mata, and I'll have to figure out who to replace Cole with. Have enough put by to bring in RVP, Rooney, or Aguero if Torres is back to his old ways too.

No doubt I'll wake up in the morning in a cold sweat and cut half the team. Maybe I'll get lucky and the site will be down. :p
    GVo6u.png

Schwarzer

Cole / Zabaleta / Rafael

Kagawa / Mata / Larsson / Noble

Torres (C) / Tevez / Graham

Subs: Begovic / Pienaar / Fabio / McCartney

carlcon wrote: »

Bale likely to come in for Mata, and I'll have to figure out who to replace Cole with. Have enough put by to bring in RVP, Rooney, or Aguero if Torres is back to his old ways too.

No doubt I'll wake up in the morning in a cold sweat and cut half the team. Maybe I'll get lucky and the site will be down. :p
    GVo6u.png

Schwarzer

Cole / Zabaleta / Rafael

Swap McCartney for Barnett (norwich) at least he has a hope of playing and if you get stuck a some chance of getting points

and swap Larsson for Allen (liverpool) he's going to play week in week out alongside Gerrard, expect big points from him this season, and 1 mil cheaper

Scrappylad wrote: »
    [URL="[IMG]http://omg.wthax.org/hhagvwvdhajsda.jpg[/IMG]"]hhagvwvdhajsda.jpg[/URL]

Just after my 10th re-jig any thoughts?

only 2 defenders there??? cole and clyne, shawcross is a butcher and fabio was so poor in fergies eyes he didnt even replace him, mccartney wont feature often

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Only 3 outfield players played more games for WH than McCartney last season. What makes you think he won't get game time?

Also, Allen will be lined up beside Lucas, not Gerrard. Gerrard is likely to be given the freedom of attack while Allen plays deeper with Lucas. Can't see him outscoring Larsson, who takes practically all of Sunderland's set-pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Keep it. Looks like a good team, and at this hour any changes you make will probably haunt you for the first half of the season.

Great going to wake up at 11.31 tomorrow and let the day unfold

Only 3 outfield players played more games for WH than McCartney last season. What makes you think he won't get game time?

Also, Allen will be lined up beside Lucas, not Gerrard. Gerrard is likely to be given the freedom of attack while Allen plays deeper with Lucas. Can't see him outscoring Larsson, who takes practically all of Sunderland's set-pieces.

James Collins, Joey O'brien and i think Jordan Spence is ready for the big time,

unless liverpool play 4-3-1-2 which they wont, more than likely 2-4-1-2-1. he'll prob play as the 1 behind borini and gerrard with saurez up front, or 2-3-2-2-1 or here with gerrard / lucas / cole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

GVo6u.png

Schwarzer

Cole / Zabaleta / Rafael

I don't think rafael will start for united

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

217501.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

GVo6u.png

Schwarzer

Cole / Zabaleta / Rafael

I don't think rafael will start for united

I'm pretty sure he will, All our other defenders are injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Lads, I have a decision wrecking my head....

Nolan - westham
    or
    N'Zogbia - villa.

Would greatly appreciate opinions.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Lads, I have a decision wrecking my head....

Nolan - westham
    or
    N'Zogbia - villa.

Would greatly appreciate opinions.

Thanks.

I'd take a punt on N'Zogbia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Been playing round with my team all morning, as happy as I've been with it now. Still have 1m in the bank. Brough Torres in for Teves, not sure what role he will play for City, but he could be a good buy if he plays regularly. Still have 1m in the bank

team-1.jpg

Any suggestions on improvements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Been playing round with my team all morning, as happy as I've been with it now. Still have 1m in the bank. Brough Torres in for Teves, not sure what role he will play for City, but he could be a good buy if he plays regularly. Still have 1m in the bank

team-1.jpg

Any suggestions on improvements?

Taking a big risk tying up so much in Nani and kawaga when they aren't nailed on starteds. be very surprised to see both of them starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've just been thinking that and the site wont let me log in to change! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Ended up with this

Federici
    Zabaleta Ivanovic Jenkinson
    Mata Bale Toure Pienaar
    Tevez Torres Pogrebynak
    Subs
    Jääskeläinen Noble Fabio Clyne

Happy enough with it .
    3 million in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

Here we go
    Federeci
    Vidic a Cole zabaleta
    Silva bale hazard noble
    Tores c. Tevez pog

Subs. Fabio clyne whitehead
    .5 in the bank

Any last minute advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

bensboys wrote: »
    Here we go
    Federeci
    Vidic a Cole zabaleta
    Silva bale hazard noble
    Tores c. Tevez pog

Subs. Fabio clyne whitehead
    .5 in the bank

Any last minute advice!

Yep. Leave your team alone! It looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Green
    Gunter / Demel / Fabio
    Cazorla / Yaya / Hazard / Kagawa
    Rooney / Torres / Tevez

Begovic / Kacaniklic / Tierney / Clyne

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

Yep. Leave your team alone! It looks very good.

we all believe in a team of gary breens a team of gary breens a team of gary breens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Game on!

ffteamq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I am contemplating using my wildcard. I have used it early in all the last 3 years so that doesnt bother me. I am just sick that 2 players I had in my team and took out scored very well today. petric and michu

In
    rafael
    gibbs
    michu
    petric

out
    johnson
    dawson
    nzogbia
    pogrebnyak

leaves me with 1.5 to upgrade noble to nolan if i want or yaya (depending on position) to anyone apart from silva

what you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I am contemplating using my wildcard. I have used it early in all the last 3 years so that doesnt bother me. I am just sick that 2 players I had in my team and took out scored very well today. petric and michu

In
    rafael
    gibbs
    michu
    petric

out
    johnson
    dawson
    nzogbia
    pogrebnyak

leaves me with 1.5 to upgrade noble to nolan if i want or yaya (depending on position) to anyone apart from silva

what you guys think?

Take a deep breath and step away from the computer for a few minutes to cool down.

A lot of people play the wildcard in GW 3 to great effect. It'd be a waste to play it after the first day though.

If you really want to play it then do, but I think you're making a rash decision based on a few freak results today. Johnson and Dawson weren't great picks to start off with and The Pog's use is pretty much non-existent after this weeks fixtures.

Pick one or two and replace them over the next 2 weeks. If things are really bad in 3/4 weeks then you should look at using the wildcard. It'd be a complete waste to use it after the first week though. You'll be regretting it big time later on in the season.

As for having Pteric and Michu in your team, well it happens to all of us. I left Sigurdsson on the bench for 3 weeks in a row last year and he scored 2 goals in each game. I captained him for the 4th game and he came off after 68 minutes.

When it comes off it's great. When it doesn't it's horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just messing around here seeing what sort of team I can come up with by using my wildcard:

Jasskelainen / Begovic (perfect rotation for the season)

Lescott / Rafael / Cuellar / Demel / £4.0m defender

Bale or Hazard / Cazorla / Pienaar / Michu / £4.5m midfielder

Aguero / Van Persie / Graham

Strongly thinking about going against virtually every bit of advice I give myself and to others and using my wildcard to get the above in before price rises because I think there's a few in there that will rise very quickly and that team costs exactly £100m. If even one player rises by £0.1m I won't be able to do it. It's the definition of knee jerk of course but if it works it could be superb :pac:

What do you lads think?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Just messing around here seeing what sort of team I can come up with by using my wildcard:

Jasskelainen / Begovic (perfect rotation for the season)

Lescott / Rafael / Cuellar / Demel / £4.0m defender

Bale or Hazard / Cazorla / Pienaar / Michu / £4.5m midfielder

Aguero / Van Persie / Graham

Strongly thinking about going against virtually every bit of advice I give myself and to others and using my wildcard to get the above in before price rises because I think there's a few in there that will rise very quickly and that team costs exactly £100m. If even one player rises by £0.1m I won't be able to do it. It's the definition of knee jerk of course but if it works it could be superb :pac:

What do you lads think?

I wouldn't do it. Rafael isn't guaranteed a game and you are doubling up on West Ham.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I wouldn't do it. Rafael isn't guaranteed a game and you are doubling up on West Ham.

Aye, I doubt I will now. Rush of blood to the head really and my eyes lit up when I seen the strikeforce I could get :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

i played the wildcard

More than likely going to go into week 2 with the following line up (thankfully I took a step back and didn't play my wildcard as suggested earlier):

Mignolet

Rafael / Zabaleta / Cole

Bale / Mata / Pienaar / McClean

Tevez / Van Persie (C) / Graham

Subs: Federici / Puncheon / Demel / Nelson

Free transfer would be Torres -> Van Persie. Obviously I'll wait until after the United game tomorrow night to make that change as RvP may get injured etc. Manchester City have a tough game away to Liverpool but I'd still fancy Zabaleta to have more of a chance of keeping a clean sheet than Demel away to Swansea and I'd rather have Tevez playing than Puncheon, that's why I've gone with who I have. The others are pretty much self explanatory.

Happy with that to be honest. Shouldn't be too hard to beat my week 1 total anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

irish son wrote: »
    Jaaskelainen/Mignolet

Fabio/Rafael/A.Cole/Kompany/Harte

Mata/Toure/Cazorla/Fellaini/Britton

Tevez/Pogrebnyak/Torres(C)

Thats my team at the moment with Mignolet,Fabio and Britton on the bench for GW1. I feel like Felliani may play more advanced more often this year with Cahill gone so thats why Ive gone with him.

Any thoughts???

Of course I had to go and switch Fellaini out at the last minute, I'm pretty sure he will get 3 bonus points aswell :( At least I had money on him for first goalscorer though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Decided on advice and not to go with Wildcard.

Got rid of Aguero for Tevez and Allen for Dyer. -4 points altogether

de Gea
    Rafael / Harte / Cuellar / Cole A
    Larsson / Walters / Dyer / Mata
    Tevez / Torres
    Subs: Podolski / Noble / Demel

Opinions?

Advertisement