Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭pah

Final Draft Honest.

Bank is Empty.

final.JPG

Nuts102 wrote: »
    0.5m left in the bank just maybe one or two more tweaks would like peoples opinions.

De Gea

Lescott Enrique Heitinga

Bale McClean Ireland Pienaar

Aguero Bent Defoe

Subs. Federici Fabio Larsson Tomkins.

Was thinking maybe bring in Pearce for 4.5 instead of Heitinga and leaving me with 1.5 in the bank. Plus also bringing in Shawcross or Collocini instead of Enrique which would leave me 2.5. This would allow me upgrade Defoe to Torres if Spurs bring in a new striker. Breaks my heart taking out Rooney and Kagawa but just cant see how they are going to play.
    Downgrade Lescott to Zab, free up another .5M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

My team

De Gea (Rudd)

Zabaleta A.Cole Jenkinson (Clyne Fabio)

Taarabt Bale Mata Noble (Pienaar)

Torres(C) Tevez Graham

and 3 million in the bank.

What do ye all think?

Is jenkinson a guaranteed starter? What's your plan for the spare 3m?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

df1Va.jpg

Any opinions/advice ????????

qwabercd wrote: »
    Is jenkinson a guaranteed starter? What's your plan for the spare 3m?

Sagna has a broken leg at the moment so he is pretty guaranteed for next month-ish. Am, have no real plans, kinda want to see how United do so may transfer united players in next week. I always want to change the team after the first week, hoping to keep myself to one transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

ceegee wrote: »
    Any opinions/advice ????????

Downgrade Given to a cheaper option. DDG will be good enough to start 90% of your games.

Is Mertesacker still first choice at Arsenal?

Allen could well be a good option and he's cheap but Downing should be nowhere near your team. He's terrible. If he starts showing a bit of form then get him but at the moment he's a donkey.

Kagawa is a strange one. I'm waiting to see how United line up before I get him. Had him in my team up until the RVP news last night.

Having Tevez and Aguero is a bit of an overkill if you ask me. Choose one and drop the other for a cheaper option. You could invest that extra cash in upgrading Downing to someone better.

I'm getting closer and closer to my final team.

Will Mata start both of the games? I reckon he will. Spain went out early from the Olympics and he didn't play much in the Euros so he shouldn't be too tired. I can't see any of the new signings taking his place for now anyway.

I've got 3 million in the bank. That's enough for me to upgrade someone like Larsson to Kagawa or Cazorla if they're doing well. Also I can upgrade Torres or Tevez to Aguero, RVP or Rooney.

I think I've covered everything by going about it in this manner. Any glaring errors or omissions for anyone?

50e5d2e5e1559207b8ba9541f8760d55.png?1345160615

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm getting closer and closer to my final team.

Will Mata start both of the games? I reckon he will. Spain went out early from the Olympics and he didn't play much in the Euros so he shouldn't be too tired. I can't see any of the new signings taking his place for now anyway.

I've got 3 million in the bank. That's enough for me to upgrade someone like Larsson to Kagawa or Cazorla if they're doing well. Also I can upgrade Torres or Tevez to Aguero, RVP or Rooney.

I think I've covered everything by going about it in this manner. Any glaring errors or omissions for anyone?

50e5d2e5e1559207b8ba9541f8760d55.png?1345160615

It looks like a good team Jimmy. Maybe you could put in a Chelsea defender or Cech and then take out Mata for Yaya or something like that? Spare cash for transfers very shrewd too. Well thought out team

Any chance you might rate mine from a couple of pages back??

oh and take Pienaar off the bench for Laarson for god's sake! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Quick look at this team for the 1st few weeks? will be wildcarding at the international break as usual

33jn1q9.jpg

Reina's in Goal, dunno how I chopped him out........

manual_man wrote: »
    It looks like a good team Jimmy. Maybe you could put in a Chelsea defender or Cech and then take out Mata for Yaya or something like that? Spare cash for transfers very shrewd too. Well thought out team

Any chance you might rate mine from a couple of pages back??

I had contemplated Cole for a while but I decided against it. I don't plan on playing my wildcard for another while so I don't fancy being left with an expensive backline that I can't shift.

For your team I think Cole would be better value than Terry. Both are guaranteed to start and the extra 0.5 could come in handy.

I think you're lacking a really big player in your midfield. Noble, Michu and Pienaar are all brilliant options but I'd worry about Gerrard. Bale is the same money and I'd pick him 100% of the time.

I'm not as convinced with Yaya as others are. If he gets shifted forward on the pitch then he'll score huge points. If he's back, like he was for large parts of last season, then I think he'll struggle to get the points that people are expecting. He has scored in his last two games for City (against QPR and Chelsea) but in both games City were playing against 10 men and he was given licence to push on up the pitch. This resulted in the goals. If he does play higher up then I'll probably get him. Until then I'll be avoiding him.

Cisse might be a great option. Not many will have him and he is a great player. If he gets the service he could score. If you're going to transfer Graham in then I think you should leave Cisse out altogether and go with Graham. No point in wasting a transfer on a player like that so early in the season.

I've already said my piece on various threads about Suarez. He's a fantastic player but until he proves that he can score a goal I'll be avoiding him. I reckon I will get him in at some point this season. Tevez is a better option at the moment imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

sqnl8y.png

Think I may finally have settled on this. Does anyone have any tips they can share?

@Jimmy i get some of what you're saying. Suarez and Gerrard were just so good together in their recent Europas League game, the two of them ran the show. Gerard on spot kick duty and some set-pieces too. Terry offers a goal threat where Cole doesn't, worth the extra for these 3 first matches i think anyway, there'd be a slight worry Cole might be rotated for one of the 3 games with Bertrand, i think Terry as club captain will start all the games. That's one thing i'm trying to do starting off, have as many players that are as close to certain as can be to start every game. I had Bale, but regardless of their fixtures, Spurs are without Modric, Parker injured for a few weeks, and haven't re-signed Ade. I think with the players available to them at the moment they might struggle. Yaya i think is just brilliant (by far and away the best centre mid in the league right now imo), i think he'll do better than some think for goals and assists. He's the kind of player you can put on your ff teamsheet every week anyway without worry, which is a good thing to have. All said, i think myself, and possibly alot of others too, might have to consider playing our wildcard early this year, such is all the permutations that are presented to us, i've played this game for many years, and it's NEVER been this hard to pick an initial squad

ps. i just think Cisse could score nicely against Swansea (they're defense has been awful in pre-season), and the transfer doesn't disrupt my plans. Would be just lovely if Djibri banged in a couple against the Swans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

sqnl8y.png

Think I may finally have settled on this. Does anyone have any tips they can share?

Excellent team, you have 10 players the same as me :D

You have Jussi, Hangeland, Clyne, Cuellar and McClean where I have Davis, Tierney, Gorkss, Demel and Cazorla.

I had Clyne and Jussi but swapped them for Demel and Davis yesterday. My reasoning for this was that I think West Ham will keep more clean sheets than Southampton (because of both team's opening fixtures) so I'd rather have a WH outfield player than a Southampton one because the outfield player will actually feature more in my team. If you think Southampton will keep more clean sheets than WH then completely disregard everything I've just said! :P

Also, about Clyne, I've seen a few people mention that he'll be playing right midfield. He was only trialled there for a couple of the early preseason games but he's played all the recent games in his usual right back position. This is more likely where he'll be playing this season. That being said, he's the best 4.0m choice from Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭clint123

Thoughts on this please lads ???

Vorm

Terry, Lescott, Enrique

Lampard, Allen,Silva, McClean

Torres, Aguero, Lambert

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭G1032

Sagna has a broken leg at the moment so he is pretty guaranteed for next month-ish. Am, have no real plans, kinda want to see how United do so may transfer united players in next week. I always want to change the team after the first week, hoping to keep myself to one transfer.

Yennaris could well start. Jenkinson not guaranteed.
    clint123 wrote: »
    Thoughts on this please lads ???

Vorm

Terry, Lescott, Enrique

Lampard, Allen,Silva, McClean

Torres, Aguero, Lambert

Liverpool have some very tough fixtures early on. Can't see Enrique keeping many clean sheets over the first few games

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭sob1467

What do you think about this team guys:

De Gea,
    Vidic, Lescott, Dawson, Cole,
    Cazorla, Mata, Allen, Carrick,
    Aguero, Pogrebnyak

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Cuellar, Mc Clean & Odemwinge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Any thoughts/opinions are welcome :)

fplteam.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

sYON2.jpg

I am taking a risk with Lukaku and Hazard but you have to take risks in this game and Lukaku has been talking himself up I hope he can back it up with some goals.

That being said, i have 1.5 in the bank and i'll downgrade Hazard to Ramires and upgrade Lukaku if things dont work out.
    Really sticking with R. Taylor and Simpson, they did me well last year. Noble will hopefully pick up some points from dead ball situations.
    I'll get rid of Torres after a few weeks if he doesnt bang in a few goals... Other than that I am quite happy unless anyone can spot any glaring mistakes that i have made?

Sorry for the pic size, i am on holiday and dont have access to my pc, thank god for hotel wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think this going to be my final team to kick off the new season of pain and torture :D Ive left 1.5 in the bank to cover upgrades in the next few weeks and to cover Chelsea not playing in GW 3

Ruddy
    Cole,Clichy,Hangeland
    Mata,Silva,Kagawa,Noble
    Aguero,Torres(C)Progrebnyak

Subs
    Green,Simpson,Ireland,Clyne

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Looks like this is my team going into tomorrow.

nd3i35.jpg

I expect Cazorla to play. Similar with Michu, he's played in all three of Swansea's pre-season friendlies, for a minimum of 70 mins in each. He scored and got an assist against Blackpool too, seems to link up well with Danny Graham.

My backline and GK should all start. I can't find much info on whether Mata will start both games though, and I'm still unsure whether he's the better choice over Hazard. If I make any more changes it will probably be to swap these two.

Larsson gets the nod over Noble in the starting 11 - I can see Sunderland scoring against Arsenal and with Sess unlikely to play he should be central to any Sunderland attacks.

After Week 1 I'll probably be getting rid of one of my Chelsea players. Could be any of the three really, depends on how each are playing and what position I want to bring players in. May need to move fast though as Rooney will rise if he scores against Everton, and I have 2m in the bank which will only cover the exact transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭galteeboy

What ye think, any opinions?

De Gea
    Cole, Zabaleta,Evra
    Walters Guthrie Ramires(v) Kagawa
    Torres(c) Graham Aguero

Begovic,demel, Ryan bennet, Britton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

For your comment.

de Gea

Cole A(V), Kompany, Simpson

Whitehead, Allen, Valencia, Sinclair

Cisse, Torres(C), Van Persie

Cerny, Britton, Barnett, Clyne

Roll on tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

roryc wrote: »
    Looks like this is my team going into tomorrow.

nd3i35.jpg

I expect Cazorla to play. Similar with Michu, he's played in all three of Swansea's pre-season friendlies, for a minimum of 70 mins in each. He scored and got an assist against Blackpool too, seems to link up well with Danny Graham.

My backline and GK should all start. I can't find much info on whether Mata will start both games though, and I'm still unsure whether he's the better choice over Hazard. If I make any more changes it will probably be to swap these two.

Larsson gets the nod over Noble in the starting 11 - I can see Sunderland scoring against Arsenal and with Sess unlikely to play he should be central to any Sunderland attacks.

After Week 1 I'll probably be getting rid of one of my Chelsea players. Could be any of the three really, depends on how each are playing and what position I want to bring players in. May need to move fast though as Rooney will rise if he scores against Everton, and I have 2m in the bank which will only cover the exact transfer.

Will Kelly start? I'm not sure - trying to decide between kelly/clark/demel

i'm not sure if Kelly was injured for some of pre-season but the new lad (Riether?) played most games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Will Kelly start? I'm not sure - trying to decide between kelly/clark/demel

I have the exact same dilemma! I had McCartney but he hasn't featured in the friendlies. At the moment I just want a confirmed starter in the team, as I have three Chelsea players that won't have a game in GW3, so I want any benchwarmers.

Demel looks likely to play but West Hams defence has been shocking pre-season. How likely is Clark to play? Is he taking Dunne's position while hes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I have the exact same dilemma! I had McCartney but he hasn't featured in the friendlies. At the moment I just want a confirmed starter in the team, as I have three Chelsea players that won't have a game in GW3, so I want any benchwarmers.

Demel looks likely to play but West Hams defence has been shocking pre-season. How likely is Clark to play? Is he taking Dunne's position while hes out?

Kelly won't start change to Reither or Hughes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Too much invested in defence, plus you have doubled up with the Utd goalkeeper too, im not a fan of this. Your strikefore is woeful, only one big hitter. Carrick will score feck all, ditto allen.
    sob1467 wrote: »
    What do you think about this team guys:

De Gea,
    Vidic, Lescott, Dawson, Cole,
    Cazorla, Mata, Allen, Carrick,
    Aguero, Pogrebnyak

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Cuellar, Mc Clean & Odemwinge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Clark is 100% to start

Think Clark is nailed on starter (from what i can tell). Dunne isn't back until late September.

I'm trying to decide between demel and clark. I already have Jussi and noble so that's putting me off demel and leaning towards clark.

Not sure yet. Ideally I'd have hangeland as my 3rd defender but he's 5.0 and that would leave me just 1.5 in bank when i need 2m to potentially get in rooney for gw2.

What about Hughes at 4.5m?

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on my team?

team.JPG

I've gone for Hangeland as 3rd defender. My only concern now is the 1.5m in bank for gw2 as i think ill want a UTD outfield player in and now my need to take a 4pt hit.

Kagawa/rooney/rvp

Advertisement