Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Tekkit Survival Server [Dedicated Server]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Owen2346 wrote: »
    MagicSean wrote: »
    The server hasn't been updated to the newest version yet. But if it does they will change. On the bright side, the weapon mod is included. Crossbows and muskets for all.

Woo, crossbows!

Oh and is there any news on what's wrong with the server?
    Loving the tekkit :)

I'm working on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

BX 19 wrote: »
    I'm working on it now

Sorry i can't help out, stupid work computer not letting me install tekkit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'm working on it now

Good stuff, cheers for all the work you guys are putting into this

Eventually it'll stabilise, once we work out the kinks, we wont be suffering from lag and server restarts (well as much :P ). I mean the server itself is less than two weeks old :pac:

We are also thinking of upgrading the server for more RAM ;)

Server is back up :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You da man! :D

Server is back up :)

574afe73-771b-4c7c-924f-a4b967706aa0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Could I be whitelisted please :)
    IGN: Devilsbreath

Could I be whitelisted please :)
    IGN: Devilsbreath

Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 luke06

can i join my username is lukepower

• Advertisement

luke06 wrote: »

Done :D

luke06 wrote: »

Welcome to the dark side :D

Can someone please give me a load of stuff when I come back this evening? To replace the 19k EMC I lost that has basically undone a day's work? :mad:

In other news, is the 3 layers of reinforced goodness around reactors bit a hard-and-fast rule or is it just to reduce retardism? That stuff is pretty expensive and I've tested the arse off my intended reactor design and even if it did blow, it won't punch through my 9x9x9 cube (i.e. two layers thick, as suggested on the wiki). I'd reinforced the fibre conduit and access port with extra material beyond the cube of course ;)

Solitaire wrote: »
    Can someone please give me a load of stuff when I come back this evening? To replace the 19k EMC I lost that has basically undone a day's work? :mad:

In other news, is the 3 layers of reinforced goodness around reactors bit a hard-and-fast rule or is it just to reduce retardism? That stuff is pretty expensive and I've tested the arse off my intended reactor design and even if it did blow, it won't punch through my 9x9x9 cube (i.e. two layers thick, as suggested on the wiki). I'd reinforced the fibre conduit and access port with extra material beyond the cube of course ;)

I'll look into the logs and sort you out later on today. I'll also check out your reactor design

What wiki are you reading about the two layers thick , all the ones i've read suggest at least three,

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

Solitaire wrote: »

It was only a 20 minute rollback, so relax its not that bad!
    also it may have been related to a nuclear reactor being turned on moments before.

Sol, someone will sort you out later.

Right, I'll need to bring down the server around 6ish for maintenance. Should only take 20-30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

The first few days I'm away :P What happened anyways?

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I'll also check out your reactor design

It won't be up for a while yet, currently trying to get one EMC flower done then I need to make LOTS of alloy plating for the walls! :o
    What wiki are you reading about the two layers thick , all the ones i've read suggest at least three

IndustrialCraft's own wiki, backed up by tests in SMP ;) Flat, solid walls only need to be 2 blocks thick so long as they're not placed in the 5x5 "melt cube" around the reactor core, but people often forget that the place where the cable comes out and the access port you need to check on the reactor core and replace fuel rods through both need additional reinforcement to ensure they too absorb any possible blast :p

Done lots of testing on my design in SSP, only reason I need the reinforced stone is just in case something acts hinky in SMP :D

Even with 2 layers for all the solid walls the budget comes to a whopping 670 (rounded to 672) blocks of reinforced stone/glass when you include the stone used to make the two Reinforced Doors. That's a LOT of alloy plating! (84 to be exact - and these are just the walls of the bunker, the reactor itself requires lots too!) That said, total reactor cost is around 1 million EMC, bearing in mind the initial 12 fuel rods (it eats a dozen per full cycle) account for three-fifths of that...

Just testing some stuff guys, it might say your not whitelisted, don't worry about that :p

Kenno

ERMEGERD!!! :eek: Stop keeping the whole server to yourselves you greedy-guts admins! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Owen2346

Just testing some stuff guys, it might say your not whitelisted, don't worry about that :p

Kenno

It worried me until I saw that post :)

What kind of stuff are ye lads testing?

Arcane, mystical ways of reducing lag (aka databasing the server logs) and possibly nerfing or removing bits of EE.

I think.

AAAAND were back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Owen2346

AAAAND were back :D

"Can't reach server"
    :(

"Can't reach server"
    :(

Back now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Whitelist please - irishalanl

kingtut wrote: »
    Whitelist please - irishalanl

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Done

Bloody hell that was quick, thanks!

kingtut wrote: »
    Bloody hell that was quick, thanks!

That's what she said :p

Welcome to the server

Just to let everyone know nothing has been taken out of EE yet.

Emphasis on yet ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

What happened to automatic crafting tables?

Both of my tables have disappeared the MKII bench cant craft them, when I try do it manually I get kicked with the error: "Internal Exception:java.lang.NullPointerException"

Something funky is going on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement