Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Heavy Thunderstorms & Local Flooding (Wednesday 18th July)

Options

Comments

pelting down here in LOOOKAN

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Just started here in Newtownmountkennedy Co.Wicklow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Say this front would have looked impressive during daylight.

Nice definition to it.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 torrential1

Mighty shower here at around 815 this evening in Lucan... very intense for about 10 minutes but surprisingly no thunder. Raining quite heavy right now and still very humid outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 torrential1

Actually raining very heavy now in Lucan /West Dublin...very intense...

• Advertisement

Any cool air behind the front?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

nope temps the same either west or east of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

No sparks in the rain it would appear

Heavy rain out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

heavy rain now in finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Out playing football tonight. The heat and humidity would kill yeah. Lashing down now in Sallins. Still very humid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Rain has gotten a bit lighter, so far 8.4mm fell (9.2mm for the day), highest rain rate was 31.6mm/hr.
    Brings the total for the month here so far to 80.4mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Pouring out of the heavens here in south Dub and still very muggy. Pity about the lack of lightning, tomorrow hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Looks like some heavy showery rain approaching the southwest (just come in to radar range) in the next hour or so. I think that trough is the better hope for lightning as it crosses the country in the early hours.

Heavy rain here running quite easily off the garden grass which is completely saturated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

diceyd wrote: »
    heavy rain now in finglas

+1 in D15. Heavy to very heavy since 10.30 20mm/hr rate peak. stopping now as i type just the gutters and shores flowing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its fast approaching five to midnight,so lets head over to Met Eireann for the latest on RTE Radio 1/Sky 0160.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Not much mention of anything substantial for tomorrow by Evelyn on that radio forecast, and nothing more than "passing showers" mentioned on the 21:33 update on met.ie
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/
    hmmm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It is quite windy out tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

ANYONE Chasing 2moro?... Shall of course help pay for petrol , some good banter and that will make it a good day either way!.... Call me on 1-800-LETS GET A TORNADO -200... !..... or... just pm me :) ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Wow that was some serious heavy rain earlier. Got soaked to the bone while out for a run but was very refreshing as temps are so warm and muggy. My back yard has standing water about an inch deep. Everywhere here is saturated. Rainwater is flowing out of fields so if my area gets hit with a few explosive cells Wednesday, there could be some problems.

Camera at the ready tomorrow just in case.

I've edited thread title to highlight the risk of some nasty cells exploding and potentially causing some local flooding.

My area is already soaked so won't take much more to cause problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Curious little return on the radar sequence in the last few hours. A little rouge patch moving NNW from SW Wales into the Wicklow Mts before disappearing.

san.gif

Are malevolent aliens now disguising themselves as radar returns in their relentless quest to take over our planet? :(.

Curious little return on the radar sequence in the last few hours. A little rouge patch moving NNW from SW Wales into the Wicklow Mts before disappearing.

Are malevolent aliens now disguising themselves as radar returns in their relentless quest to take over our planet? :(.

Very interesting indeed, probably some sort of radar effect like anaprop as its directed right towards the Dublin Airport? ha

Its either that or one big massive plane ! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 weatherornot

Cloud seeding maybe? wouldn't suprise me as its coming up to the olympics

Cloud seeding maybe? wouldn't suprise me as its coming up to the olympics

The anomaly was spotted in a known RAF exercise area. Maybe they dropped the parachute regiment out there tonight. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

AyEIbUyCMAERt7H.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Convection been well underway since mid morning. Heavy showers developing in Connaught and west Leinster atm slowly moving eastward. Some of these should develop into thunderstorms for later this afternoon. Might see some hail too.:) A trough hugging the south coast is still fairly weak atm but will probably spark into life very soon.

The northern band mentioned by MT yesterday has sort of got going but the southern band he mentioned appears to be out over the Celtic sea and heading for Wales now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The northern band mentioned by MT yesterday has sort of got going but the southern band he mentioned appears to be out over the Celtic sea and heading for Wales now.

Really intensified as it left the Wexford coast, a spark or too also. Have some photos, will post later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I can confirm folks that we have 'Weather' in Collooney! There was some brief but torrential showers passing there for the past 30 mins or so. Couldn't tell if they was any thunder... other office staff won't let me open window to hear it.. lol
    Haven't time to check the charts so would appreciate if someone could post the rain radar...
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Off out to Howth! ... Some 4 cells currently on radar with 16mm echo returns on Met E ( probably even higher on rain today or Net weather . hopefully I'll get some shots of some cells as intense on Howth head! :S

Over and out!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement