Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City to play Limerick FC at Thomond Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

dave 27 wrote: »
    Very good for Limerick fc too, can you imagine the amount of revenue they will get, for a team looking to be promoted this is very good for them, especially that they want to redevelop markets field

All profits go directly into Limerick FC's community projects so no money will straight into the club, be it for the first team or Markets Field.

Hopefully it might have some bit of a knock on affect though and get a few more people in to Jackman Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I think the fact its on in Limerick will see a big turn out - they are used to getting big teams in Dublin for friendly games against LOI XI's and that but it is rare such a team like Manchester City plays in the Midwest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

so whats the story with after the match. can i expect it will be ok for my young lads to jump onto teh pitch after the match to give the players a slap on the back. ? gaa style if ya like. or will it be - they'll be gone into the dressing rooms before you can say ' was that man city'? thks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

so whats the story with after the match. can i expect it will be ok for my young lads to jump onto teh pitch after the match to give the players a slap on the back. ? gaa style if ya like. or will it be - they'll be gone into the dressing rooms before you can say ' was that man city'? thks

Best make sure that your young lads are not wearing Joey Barton masks if they run at City Players. :D

Would imagine that running onto the pitch would be a no no, but maybe ask some of the stewards there if there was any mention of players staying on the pitch or by the touchline after the game to give autographs to kids.

There are always announcements in Thomond Park about not encroaching on the pitch but a lot of kids still got on. I would think it will be the same for this game. They will say no but if your kid manages to slip on it will be hard to stop them. It could be dangerous though letting a kid run around on a pitch on his own after the game so If he is very young I'd say keep onto him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭adaminho

Man city played Oldham lastnight with their main squad traveling from the far east. They still managed to play with Hart, Clichy, Milner, DeJong, Clichy and Santa Cruz among others. I for one wouldn't complain if they played those against Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭goingpostal1

Is it Cash Only at the stiles for the two terraces on the night, or can you buy terrace tickets in advance?

Is it Cash Only at the stiles for the two terraces on the night, or can you buy terrace tickets in advance?

Terrace tickets can be bought from Thomond Park, ticketmaster and the limerick fc shop. There is no guarantee there will be any terrace tickets left by Sunday. As of Sunday tickets can only be bought from Thomond park ticketing office and the ticket booths there. I have heard over 16,000 tickets sold so far and with terrace being the cheapest they will most likely go the quickest.

I'm pretty sure you can't pay on the turnstiles for any event in Thomond park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wow 16 thousand if only limerick could get an 8th of that at the markets field next year we;ll be laughing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Wow 16 thousand if only limerick could get an 8th of that at the markets field next year we;ll be laughing

Unforunately the vast majority of people going to the game are not fans of Limerick FC, and I'd go so far as to say that they most aren't Man City fans either!

Lots of neutrals looking to see a Premier League team in action.

It should be a good evening regardless :D Will try to go for a pint with Vincent Kompany in Nancys later in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭black & white

FutureGuy wrote: »

Lots of neutrals looking to see a Premier League team in action.

That's me. Only my second soccer game ever (that I will pay to see). The S.A. game in Thomond a couple of years ago was my first. Does anyone know if the Bohs bar will be open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

How are ticket sales looking? Hopefully they break the 20k mark.
    Promoters will only bring back games if they can be sure of making a decent profit on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

anyone know a good place to park. coming in from dublin road. thanks.

Dublin road or actually Dublin?

If its Dublin then stay on the motorway, take the tunnel then get off for caherdavin. Head towards caherdavin and park at dunnes/woodies/showtime cinema. There will be loads of parking there and it's just 10 minutes from thomond park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I was in the new Limerick Fc shop in town today picking up my tickets and the place was hopping! Great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

As far as I know the castletroy lodge hotel and the kilmurry hotel in castletroy have park and ride facilities for munster matches so id say it would be the same, city busses will probably leave there every 10 mins or so..failing that parking in town in the multi story and get a city bus there would be another option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Will that school on Shelbourne Road be operating a car park tonight? Handy spot to park if you're in no rush out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

anyone spot some of the players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

will they be on the pi55 in Limerick tonight though...?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Balotelli was spotted in Costello's last night....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,820 ✭✭✭✭phog

Shannon Airport ‏@shannon_airport
    @premierleague champs @MCFC landed @shannon_airport for a friendly this evening with Limerick City FC @thomondstadium http://pic.twitter.com/wuzDu3B0

AzilJzfCMAEocXL.jpg:large

There's a good buzz in the city centre at the moment and out along Sarsfiled Bridge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Its on Setanta just to let people know

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

NinjaK wrote: »
    Its on Setanta just to let people know

Setanta not showing the second half?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Setanta not showing the second half?

Appears not. What did they expect anyway? A champions league quality game?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Appears not. What did they expect anyway? A champions league quality game?

Back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Back on.

Hopefully a goal for Limerick. It would have been better if we didn't have to play 3 games in 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

The well known garda on his motorbike is over by Brookville ticketing every single car, the miserable man

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Final score?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

4-0 Boyata Dzeko x2 and scapuzzi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,820 ✭✭✭✭phog

kojack wrote: »
    The well known garda on his motorbike is over by Brookville ticketing every single car, the miserable man

He's only ticketing those that were stupid enough to park on double yellow lines, park opposite a continuous white line and the clown that decided to park in the hatchted area of the pedrestrian crossing, I have absolutely no sympathy for any of them and hope he continues his ticketing trip up past the credit union and ticket those parked on the footpaths.

Advertisement