Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford General Chat / Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 funky fingers

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are you there now? :pac::pac:

id give my arm to be there now...lol....now im in dublin where i live..im due back to bunclody now soon,me and the woman will head on down early some saturday,and mellow out for the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

You'll be putting Maggie on 'The Voice' next....

To be fair, either Maggie or yourself had had a few, if she sounded better than she normally does...

I'm sorry, but I don't find the poor girl remotely entertaining in any way and find no reasonable justification for her sitting on a cold ground in all weathers belting out a very bad rendition of her tearing at the heart strings melody.

Whilst it is good to note that she is not hungry, or homeless, it is wrong that visitors who are not aware of her background are not only quite shocked by her, but no doubt give generously.... but for what purpose one has to ask. She says she has arthritis, so surely loosing weight and stop sitting half dressed on cold wet pavements would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

When I was there , she was singing ' I'm nobody's child '' and she has a decent voice too.

She also got a few donations , in the few minutes I was there.

If you think she has a decent voice it is time to book yourself in for a hearing test!

I worked in Wexford Town last year for a few months and I saw a foreign man give her a bar of chocolate and she threw it back at him and mouthed off at him. Poor man looked shocked.

Sad to hear of this shameless behavior. What on earth kind of impression must that have given. I honestly wonder why the guards do not at least insist on her sitting on a bench. I am beginning to go right off her, as had no idea she could be like that.
    I of course do not wish her any harm, but think it is time that she stayed at home and looked after her health, especially as she does not need to be there.

Not fair that visitors who assist our economy and write such favorable articles on our home town should be treated like that.

I would love to put a huge placard beside her written in four languages stating ' I am not hungry, or homeless, can't sing, but simply enjoy sitting on the pavement taking money that I don't really need from gullible people'

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Maggie certainly does not need to be on the street but its a way of life for her now. She is a terrible nuisance to retailers who have to listen to her every day. She has also stolen from most shops on the main street and is barred from them all. I have heard her complain to people who have bought her chips because they didn't put any salt and vinegar on them! I honestly do not know how she's still at it - the cold on the main street sometimes would skin you and she is rarely dressed appropriately. She does get help and support from social services but they cant keep her off the street!:( And she's definitely NOT a good singer!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

So New Ross quayside is been re-surfaced -

Stop-Go system in place , which is working quite well .

Why did WCC not bother to inform aaroadwatch or even use their text alert system , about this important traffic news .

They inform the public about minor roadworks like the L4027 , but don't think New Ross quay needs to be broadcast .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So New Ross quayside is been re-surfaced -

Stop-Go system in place , which is working quite well .

Why did WCC not bother to inform aaroadwatch or even use their text alert system , about this important traffic news .

They inform the public about minor roadworks like the L4027 , but don't think New Ross quay needs to be broadcast .

They are afraid in case Maggie goes to New Ross and starts begging on the new resurfacing !:D That's why they kept it quite, if she starts singing the workmen might just take a hike and leave !

I love that and there we have the best and only answer we are likely to get to explain all the lack of communication.

havetoquit wrote: »
    I love that and there we have the best and only answer we are likely to get to explain all the lack of communication.

It is a strange one all right .

This is the N25 which stretches from Rosslare Europort to Cork.

With minor roads in New Ross blocked off and a stop-go system in place , its hard to comprehend why Wexford County Council or whoever is responsible for informing the authorities , did not bother to relay this important traffic updates to either aaroadwatch or mapalerter .

If you are truck driver heading for Rosslare with a deadline on the amount of hours you can drive , you need to know about expected hold-ups .

But I would give the workers on duty plenty of praise , and did notice that delays were kept to a minimum , as this re-surfacing took place mainly after working hours .

As part of the ongoing Resurfacing Works on the N25 in New Ross,
    Road Works will take place along New Ross Quay this evening from 19.00 to midnight.

Stop and Go traffic management will be in operation during the works and delays can be expected.

• Advertisement

Smith and Williamson’s accountancy arm were this week appointed as joint receivers to O’Leary’s Garage (Wexford) Ltd, one of the better known auto-dealerships in the southeast.
    O’Leary’s Garage has a Volkswagen dealership at Strandfield, Rosslare Road, Co Wexford, and is a second-generation family business. Company records show that its only secured creditor is AIB.

It began trading in 1954 and took on the Volkswagen franchise for Co Wexford in in 1977.

The receivers moved in earlier this week but are planning to run the business as a going concern, so it is continuing to employ its 14 staff.

Mr Dowdall and Mr McNamara said in a statement that they intend to sell the operation and have been seeking expressions of interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Anybody know what happened to the Drinagh Market? Has it relocated elsewhere and any contact details? Thanks in advance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Anybody know what happened to the Drinagh Market? Has it relocated elsewhere and any contact details? Thanks in advance. :)

It was closed down due to the meadows and Byrne crowd moving in there. Didnt relocated there is a similar Clonard Market across from KFC but very poor selection

Gardaí in Kildare have arrested two men over the robbery of a shop in Bunclody, Co Wexford in the early hours of this morning.

The 38-year-old and 17-year-old were arrested after being stopped near Naas at about 5 am.

Two other men who were also in the car escaped on foot through nearby fields.

A large amount of cigarettes, a sledge hammer, an angle grinder, two-way radios, jemmy bars and balaclavas were recovered from the car.

It gets worse each day doesn't it and let's hope no more rural Garda stations are closed down. I mean if you live way out in the sticks nowadays, it is not the scenic surroundings that occupies one's thoughts, but the worry of how to adequately protect yourself and your property and how quickly you will receive help in any given emergency.

Take the scenario that you are lucky enough even to get a warning that someone is on your property, but not inside and you grab the phone to call the Guardai. Where will those intruders be, or what will they manage to do before help arrives...

I know it sounds so much like scare mongering, sorry, but it is a reality that none of us thought we would have to think about.

With Google Earth kindly letting all and sundry know just what all our homes look like and indeed the type of car we own, or did own at the time of filming, how easy our exact location is to to find, even without a Satnav. Then consider that our movements could be under surveillance from such gangs, so that they know just when to call to avoid being spotted etc etc.

I think every single area needs to have a dedicated Neighbourhood Watch scheme and adhere to it round the clock. All age groups could play a role in it and become the eyes and ears of their area.

Wonder how others in Wexford feel about our home security and if they may have any suggestions for rural dwellers.
    I particularly worry about the elderly, or anyone living alone and how vulnerable they are. Ok, one prefers not to think or dwell on such things, but in the light of all the aggravated burglaries taking place in our midst, we must admit that talking is not enough and depending on the Gardai alone is also not enough.

BSD8WBgCUAAAuHB.jpg:large

New World Champions New Ross & District Pipe Band march towards the JFK Dunbrody and Emigrant Flame at New Ross .

Well done to all involved .:)

New World Champions New Ross & District Pipe Band march towards the JFK Dunbrody and Emigrant Flame at New Ross .

Well done to all involved .:)

Well done in Grade 3B. Fair play all.

th_0f4201c1ed98a6403b085746d751e591_NPD-2013-Flash1.jpg

Its National Potato Day , and if you are in Enniscorthy , go to Pettits Super-Valu for free samples of the baked spud .:)

In honour of Potato Day I'm making Shepherds Pie !!

Massive weekend in New Ross , Co. Wexford this weekend for those of you that don't know and are interested . :

The Kennedy Summer School is on this week , and has already been highlighted on Newtalk FM , especially by the one and only Mr. George Hook .

So Saturday 14th September , we have :
    • Minister Richard Bruton TD
    • Mr. Micheal Martin TD
    • Mr. Pearse Doherty TD

George Hook , Nora Owen , Mary O'Rourke , and too many others to mention here .

The main guests are :
    • Ted Kennedy Jr.
    • Rory Kennedy

http://www.kennedysummerschool.ie/

• Advertisement

Massive weekend in New Ross , Co. Wexford this weekend for those of you that don't know and are interested . :

The Kennedy Summer School is on this week , and has already been highlighted on Newtalk FM , especially by the one and only Mr. George Hook .

So Saturday 14th September , we have :
    • Minister Richard Bruton TD
    • Mr. Micheal Martin TD
    • Mr. Pearse Doherty TD

George Hook , Nora Owen , Mary O'Rourke , and too many others to mention here .

The main guests are :
    • Ted Kennedy Jr.
    • Rory Kennedy

http://www.kennedysummerschool.ie/

A load of Gob****es no???

A load of Gob****es no???

Are they not all Celebrities now :)

It is true what you say , and just to let you know , that I won't be attending , but it has to be valuable to the local economy.

BUH2FMWCMAERBgt.jpg

BUH2jISCcAAnZr2.jpg

BUH3wAqCMAAYXi-.jpg

You should have included a health warning with this ^^^^. :D

Because waster Kehoe is in it? :-)

Because waster Kehoe is in it? :-)

and the rest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

What a sad way to live your life, to be always looking for the next photo opportunity. I know the financial rewards of being a public official are huge, but it's just tacky

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Proposals for the revitalising of The South East:

http://www.thejournal.ie/oireachtas-unveils-plans-to-revitalise-the-south-east-1085506-Sep2013/

I've been hearing this for years as factory upon factory closed down,so call me pessimistic but I won't hold my breath.

More bull, paper never refused ink etc.etc..

• Advertisement

More bull, paper never refused ink etc.etc..
    zerks wrote: »
    Proposals for the revitalising of The South East:

http://www.thejournal.ie/oireachtas-unveils-plans-to-revitalise-the-south-east-1085506-Sep2013/

I've been hearing this for years as factory upon factory closed down,so call me pessimistic but I won't hold my breath.

WHAT :eek: Is the Hub not going ahead for Wexford under transport 21? :D:D

Wait a minute............

http://www.transport21.ie/ (as you can see it's defunct....... !!)

Ah sure I suppose the current government were left with this mess too eh !! (like everything else they blame previous governments for the state of this country, the gas thing is that the next government will also sepnd their term blaming Fine Gael/Labour, and on it goes, bunch of tits the whole lot of them)

Advertisement