Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford General Chat / Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

BUriGbZCIAAdcoE.jpg

BUrie6dCQAEMlCo.jpg

BUri35YCcAIpyG0.jpg

BUrkJT3CYAAfh6h.jpg

Started at 7.30am this morning at St Mullins and finished at New Ross earlier .

Barrow Challenge 2013 - Over 100 crews took part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Wheres the cheapest Place in town to get Logs and Briquettes for the fire folks? Need some on a day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Wheres the cheapest Place in town to get Logs and Briquettes for the fire folks? Need some on a day like today.

PM sent

FQ8204258_7_0.jpg

A four-bedroom country house on 166 acres in Marshall, Virginia USA intended to be a weekend home for President John F. Kennedy and family is on the market for nearly $11 million.
    The home, called Wexford, listed by Middleburg Real Estate for $10,995,000.
    Wexford was designed by first lady Jackie Kennedy and built in 1963.
    The 5,050 square foot home also includes a pond, pool and tennis court and is surrounded by a stone fence.
    JFK spent only two weekends at Wexford before he was assassinated, according to real estate firm Redfin. The house was sold in 1964.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2013/10/17/jfk-weekend-home-on-the-market.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

wexford is one of the best counties in ireland , im from waterford myself , love to see curracloe beach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Any cycling clubs near wexford town and where is the best pace to learn how to ride a bike in wexford ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any cycling clubs near wexford town and where is the best pace to learn how to ride a bike in wexford ?

https://www.facebook.com/WexfordWheelersCyclingClub

What age are you?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

jpb1974 wrote: »

He's some joke

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    What age are you?:(
    Early 20's

There was one winning ticket for the Daily Million top prize tonight Thurs 24th October .

The ticket was sold in the South-East.

Check your ticket - It could be you - €1,000,000 Euros richer

Early 20's

You'll be well able to cycle a bicycle without having to learn, hop on, push off and away you go.

You'll be well able to cycle a bicycle without having to learn.

If thhat was the case I wouldn't be here ;)

Here's what we have to look forward to Sunday night/Monday morning,time to batten down the hatches folks.

i0lzwAL9IpBC7.gif

Have you two legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

do you mean cycling as in staying up right while peddling? or road craft (road positioning etc), or bunch riding for races etc.

Have you got a bicycle?

Came home this evening to €360 worth of bills... property tax and tv license. Talk about depressing... working all week just to pay bills and taxes.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Came home this evening to €360 worth of bills... property tax and tv license. Talk about depressing... working all week just to pay bills and taxes.

Tell me about it. What I have facing me over the next few weeks is

Income tax Bill
    Accountants Bill
    Van Insurance
    Pl Insurance
    Property Tax
    House Insurance
    And probably the usual bills like BB, ESB, Bin and 2 Mobile phones bill.

The Child's Medicine which needs a visit to the Dr for him to prescribe it
    which means €€ for DR and Medicine as me been self employed i am entitled to no Medical card. In fact me or my Family are entitled to nothing in this great country as i am a self employed Tax payer.

All this needs to be payed before SANTA leaves the North pole.

Id love to be able to run to the Clinic for handouts.

€300 property tax.. and I just had to drive from Monageer to Boolavogue on a road that's literally disappearing in parts and not capable of holding bi-directional traffic in parts... scary to say the least.

If I thought the money was going to be used in a wise and fair manner it'd be a tad easier a pill to swallow.

• Advertisement

Remember when we were all promised this money would pay for services? Myself & others had some din-dong rows in the Property Tax thread in AH with the champions of this tax,they are very quiet now as it seems not a cent of the money collected has gone to the Local Authorities.

BTW,I told of a storm for last weekend (which missed us),seems this one on Saturday won't. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87281502#post87281502

It's a load of cock this property tax.. it's just us forking out more tax to fill the gap that the government have left in local authority funding.

It's a load of cock this property tax.. it's just us forking out more tax to fill the gap that the government have left in local authority funding.

Coincidence that the requests for next years tax are sent out the week the Troika are in the country:rolleyes:

11172_10200712248390483_1722782206_n.jpg

MISSING FROM NEW ROSS many of you may know Stacia Purcell from the Bullawn Area she was last seen at 6.00pm yesterday evening. Family worried..........

Above post taken from Facebook - Genuine concern

allthedoyles - stick a post over in AH, yes I know, but in fairness these type of posts are actually taken seriously over there and get a lot of views.

Hope the hell the poor woman is found ok.

May I suggest you blur the pic of the child ? (maybe not)

EDIT - Also you should start a new thread in the Wexford forum specifically for this - It'll get lost in among the general.

zerks wrote: »
    Coincidence that the requests for next years tax are sent out the week the Troika are in the country:rolleyes:

And lest we forget that if you pay by credit card the payment is taken immediately

Local Authorities are borrowing like crazy on the back of our bucks - no recession in the Local Authorities that's a fact.

During the boom the local authorities had loads of engineers for example, they STILL have loads of engineers

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Local Authorities are borrowing like crazy on the back of our bucks - no recession in the Local Authorities that's a fact.

During the boom the local authorities had loads of engineers for example, they STILL have loads of engineers

Any link to prove this apparent "loads of engineers" that local authorities STILL have? Since 2008 local authority employee numbers have been significantly reduced across all sectors including administration, engineering, planners etc. While Wexford CC has not seen the biggest loss of staff than some of the other local authorities, 19% is still a large number of employees to lose.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/staff-levels-at-local-authorities-fall-25-234278.html

DC

11172_10200712248390483_1722782206_n.jpg

MISSING FROM NEW ROSS many of you may know Stacia Purcell from the Bullawn Area she was last seen at 6.00pm yesterday evening. Family worried..........

Above post taken from Facebook - Genuine concern

1392429_258446714280184_1760349320_n.jpg

Still not found - after 2 full days searching .

Stacia would be seen every single day , walking the Ring-Road of New Ross , in her Hi-vis jacket , wearing sunglasses , waving her stick , and strolling along .

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/missing-woman-in-wexford-29718581.html

• Advertisement

1392429_258446714280184_1760349320_n.jpg

Still not found - after 2 full days searching .

Stacia would be seen every single day , walking the Ring-Road of New Ross , in her Hi-vis jacket , wearing sunglasses , waving her stick , and strolling along .

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/missing-woman-in-wexford-29718581.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1104/484515-new-ross-missing/

Advertisement