Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

8th, not ideal...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Masked Man wrote: »
    pick no.12. I swear all drafts are rigged against me.

12th pick won it last year.

Just saying. :P

6 minutes to go...

Any sign of the three missing men?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hate pick no.1 :(

Hate pick no.1 :(

You got Malkin! Likely to lead the league in shots, and be there or thereabouts in goals, assists and powerplay points. Not a bad problem to have!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    You got Malkin! Likely to lead the league in shots, and be there or thereabouts in goals, assists and powerplay points. Not a bad problem to have!

I think he could be even better than last season too, if Crosby plays a full season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Gotta say that was fun. Although any strategy I had kinda went out after the first couple of rounds as guys started to drop.

Got my first pick in Sequin, think he is going to have a stellar season, or half season should I say. Glad to get Bobby Ryan too, would love to see him become a Bruin.

Really wanted Shea Weber, but happy to get Seidenberg anyway. Can't wait for Saturday now.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Yeah but having no.1 means you don't pick again until 24 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Happy enough with my team. Think about three times a player was picked that I wanted just before my turn but that's all part of the fun. Should make the season all that more interesting.

Yeah but having no.1 means you don't pick again until 24 !

You nicked Marchand and Wideman from in front of my nose. Was really hoping to get Bergeron, Marchand and Seguin together again this year. They were fantastic for me last season.

• Advertisement

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Happy enough with my team. Think about three times a player was picked that I wanted just before my turn but that's all part of the fun. Should make the season all that more interesting.

That's what it's all about. It's all a bit of fun at the end of the day.

Having said that, I just tweeted half my team to tell them to cop themselves on and get the job done. Will see how that works out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Is it possible to offer trades already?

Should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Seems to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

I forgot all about this. Guess i'm too late

I'm (Bettman's Angels) open to trade offers for some of my roster, FYI. There are some (5 or so) I'm not getting rid of, but everyone else on the roster has their price.

tolosenc wrote: »
    I'm (Bettman's Angels) open to trade offers for some of my roster, FYI. There are some (5 or so) I'm not getting rid of, but everyone else on the roster has their price.

Who are the players you won't trade?

Who are the players you won't trade?

Weber, Schultz, Sid, Schneider, Heatley.

Various reasons why I want to hold on to them: Sid is there for the long haul, Schultz should at least have a much better trade value in a month or two, Heatley is versatile.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Ended up in a&e last night and only got back for the last two picks, open for trades, anywhere....

Izy wrote: »
    Ended up in a&e last night and only got back for the last two picks, open for trades, anywhere....

Will take a look tonight.

• Advertisement

50 Fantasy NHL Predictions

Quite happy with this. Predictions for some of my draft picks:

1. Jamie Benn (77th pick) will become an elite Fantasy player this year, finishing top 10 or possibly even top 5. Just needs to get this contract sorted. Predicted to finish as one of 18 players with more than a point-per-game.

2. Corey Perry (7th pick) to finish top of the PP goals column and possibly shots, with over a point-per-game average.

3. Scott Hartnell (18th pick) to continue to rack up the PIM's, over 80 predicted.

4. Ryan Miller (55th pick) to be a top-3 goaltender.

5. Jordan Staal (103rd pick) to score more goals and points than Alex Semin.

6. Damien Brunner (186th pick) to record over 30pts in his debut season.

50 Fantasy NHL Predictions

Quite happy with this. Predictions for some of my draft picks:

1. Jamie Benn (77th pick) will become an elite Fantasy player this year, finishing top 10 or possibly even top 5. Just needs to get this contract sorted. Predicted to finish as one of 18 players with more than a point-per-game.

2. Corey Perry (7th pick) to finish top of the PP goals column and possibly shots, with over a point-per-game average.

3. Scott Hartnell (18th pick) to continue to rack up the PIM's, over 80 predicted.

4. Ryan Miller (55th pick) to be a top-3 goaltender.

5. Jordan Staal (103rd pick) to score more goals and points than Alex Semin.

6. Damien Brunner (186th pick) to record over 30pts in his debut season.

I disagree where it says things about older players slowing down (eg Elias). This season is a sprint, so declines won't be nearly as noticeable, IMO.

tolosenc wrote: »
    I disagree where it says things about older players slowing down (eg Elias). This season is a sprint, so declines won't be nearly as noticeable, IMO.

I disagree with a lot of what he said (the Crosby v Toews argument especially) but I like to pick and choose the ones that suit me.

Positive. Mental. Attitude!

I disagree with him in relation to Jason Pominville. He is a player in his prime, he has been playing hockey during the lockout and I see no reason for such a decline this season. He will hit the ground running.

I think he might be correct on Dubinsky though. I was hemming and hawing over him during the draft. I think he will flourish away from the bright lights of NY. What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Have Subban as one of only four D on my team. Quality drafting right there.

Hope Toronto destroy them tonight.

Malkin isn't going to be traded so stop offering :P

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

can we remove the +/- stat??? i'm dead last :-(

Izy wrote: »
    can we remove the +/- stat??? i'm dead last :-(

And can we take out Goaltending stats too? :D

Struggling big-time.

Struggling big-time.

I concur. I was doing fine until Brodeur and Fluery had a woeful time last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Struggling big-time.
    Tell me about it. Kinda my own fault, as I wanted to draft Niemi as my number 2 but I held on too long and he was picked just before I was gonna pull the trigger on him. Picked Kiprusoff instead and outside of last night he has been rubbish. Lundy aint far behind him...

Advertisement