Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2012-2013

Options
  • 11-07-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Three months to the start of the regular season, so I just said I'd get the ball rolling on next years Fantasy Hockey season. I'm sure some of last years regulars will be interested. If you'd like to compete, just reply here and we can get more serious around September time. I'll send out PM's then as well to the people who have visited the forum over the past season.

Roll on October 11th!

MJS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'm in again this year.
    3 months away...? jaysus!! :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

in again !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

I'm not sure if I well join again. Really did bad and not a clue what I was doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Provisionally in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

I'm in, and joining only this and maybe one more league as opposed to last years six:eek: so it will have my full attention :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

Count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

cena wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I well join again. Really did bad and not a clue what I was doing

I didn't exactly light up the world either but I am defo back in. Thought I had a good team but they didn't get going at all. Sure it's a bit of fun.

COYW wrote: »
    I didn't exactly light up the world either but I am defo back in. Thought I had a good team but they didn't get going at all. Sure it's a bit of fun.

This is it.
    on paper you might think you have the best playres , but it doesnt work out that way.
    every season is different.
    I learned a thing or two about concussions as well.
    you just cant factor stuff like that in!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

How did people find the overall setup last year? Number of teams, roster size, daily roster changes, scoring categories etc...?

Anyone want to see any changes?

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Anyone want to see any changes?

I would like to see shots blocked in there in some form. Not a massive fan of PIMs. Other than this (and my results) I think it was A1.

• Advertisement

COYW wrote: »
    I would like to see shots blocked in there in some form.

Spot the Rangers fan! I do agree though. PIM's are annoying but challenging also, +/- is my personal annoyance.

will you be setting it up as a budget draft or just an ordinary snake draft???
    i was in two budget drafts and they were a lot better than the ordinary ones, but you definitely have to do a mock draft to get used to it...

Izy wrote: »
    will you be setting it up as a budget draft or just an ordinary snake draft???
    i was in two budget drafts and they were a lot better than the ordinary ones, but you definitely have to do a mock draft to get used to it...

I tried both last year, and preferred the normal snake draft. But I don't really mind, I'll go with whatever the majority are happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Just seen the thread, count me in for sure.

I was grand with all the cats. PIMs was probably my least favourite as my team didn't play dirty enough and I lost the cat most weeks..

If cats are to be added I prefer on the skater side of things. I guess blocked shots, hits and/or shooting % are meaty cats to accumulate stats for scoring. Also maybe add an extra bench spot for carrying an injured/concussed player who aint put on the IR.

As for the league setup more teams is good, upto 16. I'd stick with the snake draft and daily roster changes.

Coeus wrote: »
    I'd stick with the snake draft and daily roster changes.

I think this is the way to go too.

Is everyone still in for this? We may need to get the ball rolling quite quickly, as the league will probably be starting in the next two weeks. The 8 people on this thread who have expressed an interest so far are below, if everyone could re-confirm interest that would make things far easier. I will start to send PM's to some more of the posters on here to see if anyone else has any interest.

MrJoeSoap
    smackbunnybaby
    malistheman
    shefellover93
    Izy
    alanmcl12
    COYW
    Coeus

still up for it

Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

Yeah I'm still up for it

Yea, I'm still in aswell. Any word yet on when the season might start?

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    Yea, I'm still in aswell. Any word yet on when the season might start?

Any time between the 15th and 19th January. Will either be an unbalanced 50-game season, or a balanced 48-game season (each divisional team x 5, each conference team x 2). No inter-conference matchups.

From Yahoo:
    Important: Head-to-Head leagues which draft on Tuesday, Jan 15 or later will miss fantasy Week 1, which runs Tuesday, Jan 15 - Sunday, Jan 20. These leagues will start scoring in the next full fantasy week after their draft.

So the draft will have to be next week, or Monday 14th January. Can people let me know their preferences for the draft? After 11pm any night suits me, or any time after 6pm on Sunday.

Also, what categories are we going with this year? Should we leave it the same or is there enough demand to add/remove some? Personally, I'd like +/- gone, but it doesn't bother me too much if it stays.

I've set up the league and invited some of last seasons players back. If any of the rest of you want an invite please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll arrange it asap. I've set it up with the below settings, almost all are the same as last year but can be changed if needed. I had to enter a date for the draft so I picked next Sunday at 9.30pm, but again this can be changed if necessary.

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Divisions: No
    Playoffs: Week 24 and 25 (4 teams)
    Automatic Playoff Reseeding: No
    Playoff Seeding Type: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
    Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
    Max Teams: 12
    Draft Time Per Pick: 1 Minute
    Max Acquisitions per Season: No maximum
    Max Acquisitions per Week: 4
    Max Trades per Season: No maximum
    Trade End Date: March 21, 2013
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Trade Review: League Votes
    Trade Reject Time: 2 days
    Waiver Mode: Standard
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Can't Cut List: Yahoo! Sports
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    League Start Week: Week 14 (Jan 15)
    Roster Changes: Daily - Today
    Minimum Games Played (Goaltenders): 3
    Public Access URLs: Enable
    Make league publicly viewable: Yes

Positions:

Center (C) 2
    Left Winger (LW) 2
    Right Winger (RW) 2
    Winger (W) 0
    Forward (F) 0
    Defenseman (D) 4
    Utility (Util) 0
    Goalie (G) 2
    Injured Reserve (IR) 1
    Bench (BN) 4

Scoring Categories:

Skaters:

Goals
    Assists
    Plus/Minus
    Penalty Minutes
    Powerplay Points
    Shorthanded Points
    Shots on Goal

Goaltenders:

Wins
    Goals Against Average
    Save Percentage
    Shutouts

Other Potential Categories:

Powerplay Assists
    Shorthanded Goals
    Shorthanded Assists
    Game-Winning Goals
    Shooting Percentage
    Faceoffs Won
    Faceoffs Lost
    Hits
    Blocks
    Games Started (G)
    Losses (G)
    Goals Against (G)
    Shots Against (G)
    Saves (G)

I'm in

I'm in

Did you get the invite I sent tonight? Or have you a new email address since last year?

Did you get the invite I sent tonight? Or have you a new email address since last year?

Just checked there, yeah I got it and rejoined :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

I'm in!!! glad to have the hockey back!!

So the draft will have to be next week, or Monday 14th January. Can people let me know their preferences for the draft? After 11pm any night suits me, or any time after 6pm on Sunday.

Wednesday is not a good day for me and 8pm is the earliest I can make it on a Sunday. Other than that, I am fine.

Sunday 9pm onwards would suit me best, but will go with general consensus.
    9pm onwards would be preferrred time generally.

• Advertisement

Okay my team is in. Sunday for draft is fine for me. I can't do the draft on the 18th or 19th but hopefully the season will be started by then...

Advertisement