Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with 30,000 euro.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's an honest answer as to what I'd do with 30k. I've a missus and kids to support.

As much as I'd love to piss 30k into the wind to have fun with it (and, in fact, recommended that if the OP is single with no commitments he do so), I'd be a bit of a wanker if I were to do it rather than provide for my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Kenno90 wrote: »
    donalg1 wrote: »

Just because you have no debts :rolleyes:

I do but chances are if I cleared them with the €30k I would just go and get some more so screw it live a little and blow at least some of it, even just 10k then use the rest sensibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Sleepy wrote: »
    It's an honest answer as to what I'd do with 30k. I've a missus and kids to support.

As much as I'd love to piss 30k into the wind to have fun with it (and, in fact, recommended that if the OP is single with no commitments he do so), I'd be a bit of a wanker if I were to do it rather than provide for my family.

Chances are I would do the same tbh, or at least the missus would make me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Buy a panda

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

donalg1 wrote: »
    Chances are I would do the same tbh, or at least the missus would make me!!
    My missus is the opposite, she'd insist that some of the deposit money be spent on a trip to Disneyland! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Hire 2 Private Investigators and get them to follow each other around . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Share the feeling.

Homeless.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

stick ten of it into the 10 year government savings scheme, i hear phil hogan needs money to build an extension in portugal

..and what do you suggest he does with the other Eur29,990 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Invest it in Greek Government Bonds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

pffft, dont listen to all these people saying investments, shares, debts, BORRRRRRRRING!

Have some damn fun with your money, unless you are seriously in the debt then I can understand :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

Hire a decent web designer, or web developer to make a decent skin for Boards.ie Garner respect of every Irish Person on teh internetz. Then I can read this thread without feeling like I time-warped to a site run by a 1998 webmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Convert it into 50 cent pieces, fill a room and go swim in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭techsavysista

Ah if only! I'm having trouble sleeping these days because I have a €500 overdraft I can't pay. So that'll be first.

I read some research about how money buys happiness, if you spend it on other people! Look up Ted Talks on youtube, "money does by happiness".

College fees

Charity obviously

Clothes

Great meals

Holiday!!

Save the rest for a rainy day, recession and what not! Nout else you should really do is there?

Enjoy!

Ps. Giz 500 yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LAD stop

Buy a property in some other country? or as mentioned Vegas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Hire a decent web designer, or web developer to make a decent skin for Boards.ie Garner respect of every Irish Person on teh internetz. Then I can read this thread without feeling like I time-warped to a site run by a 1998 webmaster.

*facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 12 WildSalome

Get Married. You could get a decent enough wedding for this and no more headache what to do with any $$k.

Where would you invest 90K?
    Don't see the point travelling around the world or buying things prone to depreciate - like cars, bikes etc. Not ready to buy a house for myself neither.
    Any ideas here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭cml387

Teddy,whatever happened that moolah you came into? It seems to have increased to 90k. Very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

WildSalome wrote: »
    Get Married. You could get a decent enough wedding for this and no more headache what to do with any $$k.

Seriuosly. What made you find a random 9 month old zombie thread?

You would not believe - saw it accidentally when googling for Michelin pilot rd 2 tyres. How these two things are relate - google only knows... Motorcycle suppose being the key word

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

So what did you end up doing with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

You shouldve bribed the mods into letting you start threads again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭leitrim1

He is going to invest it in Cost Plus Sofas !

Advertisement