Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with 30,000 euro.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Shryke wrote: »
    I'm messing a bit with you. It's great you have that money, I don't mean to sound bad.
    I'm delighted with where I am. I hope you get where you want to be. What area would teddy like, if you don't mind me asking?
    Sorry, I'm tired and cranky :P

Er I don't want to be specific because but its a bit "artsy" :o

Ridicule is healthy. It allows you to see how stupid you're being and how much you want to do it anyway. You shouldn't be afraid to say what you want to do after making the point that you're anonymous.

I'm going into science if everything works out financially.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I love threads like these,where people start bitching at each other for no real reason.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Buy shares in pumpkins in November!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I have never expressed an interest in boards
    One day I would love to buy boards:D
    Hmm...
    Someone actually is trying to sell me a boat at the moment.
    What type of boat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Why don't you use the money to get a decent education? I went back to college without a job and I am coping. With 30k you'll be flying it and you might enjoy it. The only other decent suggestion is travelling cos that's something everybody wants to do but might not be able to afford it. You could live in Thailand for years on that. A life of banging 14 year olds and drugs every day, beer for breakfast, you'll love it.

I do not endorse child abuse, just kidding.:D

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    I do not endorse child abuse, just kidding.:D
    People whinge about "Grammar Nazis", but...

Ficheall wrote: »
    Word for word, I want an answer telling me what is wrong with that sentence. Because there is nothing wrong with it.

I have seen your posts, telling others how to 'write properly'. Who do you think you are anyway at this time of night to pull people up on imaginary problems. You're probobly such a loser that you have no other way of feeling special. Go jump dude and stop correcting people.

I didn't mean that there was. I meant that without proper grammar usage that could have been a dodgy sentence.

I have seen your posts, telling others how to 'write properly'. Who do you think you are anyway at this time of night to pull people up on imaginary problems. You're probobly such a loser that you have no other way of feeling special. Go jump dude and stop correcting people.
    Eh? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Deep breathes amigo.

No space between the comma and inverted commas. Now go and try and correct elsewhere, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Hmm...

What type of boat?
    Like a small speed boat I think it is. I know nothing about boats as I say, although I really should.

Like a small speed boat I think it is. I know nothing about boats as I say, although I really should.
    Why should you? It is not an inherant fact to know about boats, unless you have rich parents. Or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

They mostly come at night ....mostly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Ohhh I would surly invest in some plush couture... Fùck important stuff, like food and shelter first priority is turning yoreself the fùck out. n this ain't it :/ I think a good proprtion here don't even bother pullin a pair if pants on, just wear their lad in their hand

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Shryke wrote: »
    Ted will you pick up some humility please. I'm back to college with nothing in my pocket and I don't think we're too different in age.
    You don't need advice about your money but you definitely fancy letting us know you have it.
    Put it up your bottom is what i'm saying!

College eh? You're richer than most people in the world so. Kids in Africa, eat your dinner, etc.

/dry your eyes. It's 30k, not 30m.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

RoverZT wrote: »
    Shares in McDonald's

5791042.gif

I've long wanted to buy mcd stock, back to when they had that problem years ago where the stock devalued. Never pulled the trigger as I've never bought stock directly.

On google finance... it seems they have paid 3/4 dividends per year and each is about .7%. How have they paid out over 5% this year?

... I guess because it's compounding.

fml, it was $12 in 2002 when I considered it. Now at $89.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Go to the dole office on Friday when everyone is getting my money and light a few cigars with a fiddy while shaking your head left to right tutting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Buy 3,000,000 penny sweets and see if you can eat them all before they go off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hire a ghost writer to do to create your threads for you then just sit back and count the Thanks.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Clearly this money is causing you some stress Teddy. How about I buy the €30k off ya for say.....€15k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

beertons wrote: »
    Buy bank shares.
    If you invested it into aib/boi shares and they were to only reach half of there top price, you would make over 3 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

smash wrote: »

You ever hear of diabetes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Kenno90 wrote: »
    smash wrote: »

You ever hear of diabetes ?
    Is that a challenge?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,071 ✭✭✭✭beertons

See how quickly you could get diabetes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Buy an iPhone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

So eh, I've come into a bit of cash through an investment I had.
    I don't really want to invest it again.
    I've got a car, I don't want to buy a property on this island.
    I've considered prize bonds and buying a motor bike. I've been thinking about getting into dirt biking.

Apart from that though I don't really have ideas.

Move country.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,309 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Go to the Antartic and finger a penguin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Personally, I'd save 10k, give 5k to my mother, pay 5k off my car loan and be done with it and enjoy the rest. Standard stuff like holiday, new clothes probably and other entertainment kind of stuff.

Advertisement