Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with 30,000 euro.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

I have invested in pumpkins with my money. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January.Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Buy a flat in London to rent out. €30k might be enough for a deposit depending on what job you have now. Even if it's a studio apartment/small 1 bed flat house prices in London will always rise. You'd get about €1500 a month as well back from rent. It would be a great second income for you :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Stick it in Ulster Bank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

make and star in a homo erotic film?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Buy me! I'm on special offer at the moment. I"m a great investment,currently showing yields of 34.2%,you won't get that anywhere else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Biggins wrote: »
    Move country.
    ...Why:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just have fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

Adopt a doggie from your local animal welfare :)
    you won't regret it and you will still have loads left over for squeaky toys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Use the money to set up a concert promotions company. I sense that there might be room in the market pretty soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

One day I would love to buy boards:D

Speaking of beers. There's been no AH beers for a while. As I said before, there's a few of you I want to get my paws on.

Buy everyone a round at the next boards beers. Go on, everyone will think you're sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Buy a lot of cocaine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

stick ten of it into the 10 year government savings scheme, i hear phil hogan needs money to build an extension in portugal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

TBH Ted, it's really not that much, find another investment and stick it into that. If it was 300k, maybe that would be life changing, 3 mil, yeah ok, but 30k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Go online and check out what Eddie Hobbs is advising these days.
    Then go and do the exact opposite. At least you won't end up skint..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Go online and check out what Eddie Hobbs is advising these days.
    Then go and do the exact opposite. At least you won't end up skint..
    Do you have property in Bulgaria?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Pottler wrote: »
    TBH Ted, it's really not that much, find another investment and stick it into that. If it was 300k, maybe that would be life changing, 3 mil, yeah ok, but 30k?

I agree with this tbh, 30k while a nice chunk of money may not stretch very far if god forbid something happened to you or your family. if you have more savings on top of that ok, but I wouldnt blow it all unless you have considerably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Do you have property in Bulgaria?

No thank God.. and none in Cap Verde either. And I didn't 'invest' in property here either when Eddie advised us to. Nor did I invest in Gold when Eddie advised us to (6 Months too late!!).
    Good old Eddie, he's like the fellas in the bookies that can tell you the sure things after the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kinetic Eye

Buy one pair of underwear for every single day of the rest of your life. Buy them all at once and use one room of your house to store said underwear. The underwear room will then be heated via central heating. Every day for the rest of your life you will be able get up each morning and experience the serenity and freshness that can only come from a new and perfectly unspoiled pair of warm cotton underwear. The problems of life will seem that little bit smaller with such comfort around your crotch at all times. You could simply throw each pair away at the end of every day or if you're the ethical sort you could donate them to charity. Really, you'd be a fool to do anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Buy one pair of underwear for every single day of the rest of your life. Buy them all at once and use one room of your house to store said underwear. The underwear room will then be heated via central heating. Every day for the rest of your life you will be able get up each morning and experience the serenity and freshness that can only come from a new and perfectly unspoiled pair of warm cotton underwear. The problems of life will seem that little bit smaller with such comfort around your crotch at all times. You could simply throw each pair away at the end of every day or if you're the ethical sort you could donate them to charity. Really, you'd be a fool to do anything else.

No better feeling then a new crisp pair of jocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Build up a small mercenary army and take over a minor african state:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pay some Capital Gains Tax, then through a big coke party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

If you going to do that, you might as well buy the socks too. Nothing better :pac:

Since you mentioned it, save the money till you finish work and then travel south/central america on a motorbike.. Argentina to Mexico. That's my plan when I save enough cash.

Check advrider.com if ya want motorbike inspiration.. You're a lucky feker to be in a position to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

As a single man with no kids / ties? Buy a campervan / Hilux Surf and drive it to Australia.

For someone with kids who already has the house etc.? Disneyland and put the rest away for a rainy day / chuck it against the mortgage.

In my situation? Clear debts and chuck it in a high yield saving account as the start of saving for a deposit on a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Unfortunately I have to stay in my job that I absolutely hate for another year or so.

No you don't. No matter the situation. You have some cash and you can do what you like.

The only thing anyone has to do is die. Enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

stick it all on black...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pay an assassin to kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Post Office Bond for 10 years... 47% tax free... Get €14,800 approx interest tax free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Sleepy wrote: »
    As a single man with no kids / ties? Buy a campervan / Hilux Surf and drive it to Australia.

For someone with kids who already has the house etc.? Disneyland and put the rest away for a rainy day / chuck it against the mortgage.

In my situation? Clear debts and chuck it in a high yield saving account as the start of saving for a deposit on a house.[/QUOTE]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

donalg1 wrote: »
    Sleepy wrote: »

In my situation? Clear debts and chuck it in a high yield saving account as the start of saving for a deposit on a house.[/QUOTE]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just because you have no debts :rolleyes:

Advertisement