Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Nodin wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. You might explain this while you're at it -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79641328&postcount=1267
    I think it's self explanatory. If you read it a few more times and still don't understand, tell me exactly what part you don't understand and I'll see if I can explain it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

One pill can, and has, killed. Even a single ecstasy pill has killed due to heatstroke, water poisoning or heart failure. One bottle of wine has certainly killed people too, so it's not like (currently) illegal drugs have some sort of monopoly on fatalities.

I like to think we've covered this, and other posters have made good sensible contributions on the issue. I don't want to derail this any more. The issue at hand is really the stabbings, not a debate on legalization of drugs or ethical drug use or anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I think it's self explanatory. If you read it a few more times and still don't understand, tell me exactly what part you don't understand and I'll see if I can explain it to you.

So you're saying that working class "kiddies" generally don't have a functioning brain and can't associate cause and effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

So you're saying that working class "kiddies" generally don't have a functioning brain and can't associate cause and effect.
    He didn't answer the first time he was asked... I wonder will he this time?

Nope. I said that middle class kiddies generally do have functioning brains and can associate cause and effect.

Your suggestion re. working class kiddies tells us plenty about your attitudes towards them, however.

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »
    He didn't answer the first time he was asked... I wonder will he this time?
    Apologies, I live a life outside Boards although others apparently do not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Nope. I said that middle class kiddies generally do have functioning brains and can associate cause and effect.

Your suggestion re. working class kiddies tells us plenty about your attitudes towards them, however.
    no you dont have to say it monty let the grunt do the hard work for you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Classist taxonomies aside, I think the handwringing over this is hilarious. 100 years ago there was moral panic about drunken violence, and 100 years before that and probably there will be in another 100 years. It's always very hard to extricate the genuinely terrible behaviour of individuals who'd knife people, presumably unprovoked, from the sorta bad shenanigans that huge swathes of our society got up to at a certain age. That's not to fully excuse people from drinking to excess and getting into fights and what not but I find it funny that people in their late 20s and 30s are posting as if they never got up to anything like this when they were younger. As pertains to taking drugs other than alcohol, it's a exemplar of the concept of let the buyer beware.

Nope. I said that middle class kiddies generally do have functioning brains and can associate cause and effect. .

And the implication, given the context, is that working class "kiddies" don't with regard to both.

Do you have some scientific data to back this up? Recent stuff now, not from 1870 or so involving bumps on the cranium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Classist taxonomies aside, I think the handwringing over this is hilarious. 100 years ago there was moral panic about drunken violence, and 100 years before that and probably there will be in another 100 years. It's always very hard to extricate the genuinely terrible behaviour of individuals who'd knife people, presumably unprovoked, from the sorta bad shenanigans that huge swathes of our society got up to at a certain age. That's not to fully excuse people from drinking to excess and getting into fights and what not but I find it funny that people in their late 20s and 30s are posting as if they never got up to anything like this when they were younger. As pertains to taking drugs other than alcohol, it's a exemplar of the concept of let the buyer beware.

Apparently, you'd be surprised how few of us have stabbed people.

• Advertisement

And the implication, given the context, is that working class "kiddies" don't with regard to both.
    Odd that you find implications pertaining to 'working class' people (who I never mentioned) rather than upper class people (who I also never mentioned). This tells me that you are some sort of class warrior looking for a battle. Good luck with that.
    Do you have some scientific data to back this up? Recent stuff now, not from 1870 or so involving bumps on the cranium.
    Seeing as you are the one casting aspersions on the working class, the onus is surely on you to find the evidence to support your position?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

no you dont have to say it monty let the grunt do the hard work for you :pac:
    Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 maykitrayen

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    In my opinion this is wrong solution.
    It would be much better if we would have places in Ireland like in other easter european countries. a building where very drunk people are kept overnight. they get cold shower, nurse and doctor assistance, metal bed with some cover, water and bill in the morning. In Poland a night in such place cost about 100 euro which is a lot of money.

Then underage drinking. if teen under 18 is cought drunk, parents should pay 1000 euro.
    For sure parents would put more attention to the kids if they face 1k bill to pay...

edit. by very drunk I mean somebody pissing.on the street, puking on the street, or laying on the street.

So we won't accept a €100 charge for household services but we'll accept the threat of a €1000 charge if our kids step out of line?

That's not pointed at you directly, but if you think that a nation who can't accept any responsibility for what happened and are fighting every tax levied will just up and accept a €1000 charge for something they're not involved in themselves you're very wrong.

I can imagine parents chaining themselves to the gates of the Dail if such a suggestion were made.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 orangesoranges

I was at the gig on Saturday and even though I seen no fights, there is one moment i seen which will stick with me forever and it was digusting.

Yet I have to say with what has happened it has put such a bad image of Ireland around the world.. I was on twitter when it first came out and seen people saying "must've been such a nice crowd".. this really annoys me! I went with a group of mates, had a few drinks, went in and enjoyed the concert, no fighting, no messing..sheer craic! Hate the way because of a few stupid junkies we're all being "tarred with the same brush" !!!!!

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    In my opinion this is wrong solution.
    It would be much better if we would have places in Ireland like in other easter european countries. a building where very drunk people are kept overnight. they get cold shower, nurse and doctor assistance, metal bed with some cover, water and bill in the morning. In Poland a night in such place cost about 100 euro which is a lot of money.

Then underage drinking. if teen under 18 is cought drunk, parents should pay 1000 euro.
    For sure parents would put more attention to the kids if they face 1k bill to pay...

edit. by very drunk I mean somebody pissing.on the street, puking on the street, or laying on the street.
    Not an unreasonable idea, but for some folks €1000 is pocket money and for others it's a debt that could never be repaid. Clearly ability to pay would have to be factored in.

Not an unreasonable idea, but for some folks €1000 is pocket money and for others it's a debt that could never be repaid. Clearly ability to pay would have to be factored in.

Some countries set all fines to a percentage of net income. Seems reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

I was at the gig on Saturday and even though I seen no fights, there is one moment i seen which will stick with me forever and it was digusting.

Yet I have to say with what has happened it has put such a bad image of Ireland around the world.. I was on twitter when it first came out and seen people saying "must've been such a nice crowd".. this really annoys me! I went with a group of mates, had a few drinks, went in and enjoyed the concert, no fighting, no messing..sheer craic! Hate the way because of a few stupid junkies we're all being "tarred with the same brush" !!!!!

Oh go on tell us! It's AH, rotten stories is what we're all here for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 maykitrayen

Apologies, I live a life outside Boards although others apparently do not.

You make 16.83 posts per day on average
    'Nodin' makes 12.44
    'El Weirdo' makes 3.92

So not only do you spend more of your life on the site than either of them, going by the amount of posts you make, you apparently spend more time here than the two of them combined.

So, who was it that doesn't have a life outside Boards.ie?

Odd that you ..........your position?

A rather pathetic attempt to wriggle out of it. You made the statement
    This is because middle class kiddies generally have a functioning brain and can associate cause and effect.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79641328&postcount=1267

Given the context, it was clear that you were implying "working class" children were somehow defecient in these regards.

Now, would you care to back up that implication and be honest about your position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bazingaboom

Dunno why this has become a debate for and against drugs.
    Scumbags are going to do stuff like this regardless.

We seem to be forgetting the 44970 people who didnt cause any trouble.

It was amazing

• Advertisement

........... !!!!!

Go on. Amaze us.

The funny thing is that if Saturday (or any other event) were MDMA/Cannabis only, it would go off without a hitch and there would be absolutely no trouble. People in the future are going to look back in amazement over how we reject/accept drugs and their use these days purely down to when that drug was found and made popular.

People in the future will be as dumb as we are. E will not be legalised as there are long term effects, even if alcohol is worse and it is.

We've had alcohol for thousands of years, we grew up with it, it is part of Western culture for all of history, its a drink not a smoke, a pill or an injection, which makes is seem more sociable and normal so it will always be legal.

It was amazing

We're not forgetting them, trying to keep them alive the next time they go out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

It was amazing

That video sums up the whole day for me, drinks, dancing, muck, friends, good times and good music. Think most of the people on here whinging weren't at the gig at all!

Given the context, it was clear that you were implying "working class" children were somehow defecient in these regards.
    Clear only to a person with a very negative view of working class people - someone such as you, it would seem. How odd that you are not offended on behalf of the 'upper' classes...

Come clean and tell us why you hate the working class so much. Bullied as a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

It was amazing

I'm not surprised people got stabbed. I'd be pretty angry if I had to listen to that crap for 90 minutes. Sounds like a Ukrainian eurovision entry.

Clear only to a person with a very negative view of working class people - someone such as you, it would seem. How odd that you are not offended on behalf of the 'upper' classes...

Come clean and tell us why you hate the working class so much. Bullied as a child?

Yes, that's nice.

Now - this is what you said
    This is because middle class kiddies generally have a functioning brain and can associate cause and effect.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...postcount=1267

In the context that remark was made in, it was clear that you were implying "working class" children were somehow defecient in these regards.

Now, would you care to back up that implication and be honest about your position?

People in the future will be as dumb as we are. E will not be legalised as there are long term effects, even if alcohol is worse and it is.
    As I've said before on this thread, I'd rather ecstasy and other drugs were legalised and regulated - with the proviso that anyone suffering long-term health effects were told to f*** off rather than being a burden on the rest of us. You should have the freedom to ruin yourself, but the freedom to do so without leaching off everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bazingaboom

I'm not surprised people got stabbed. I'd be pretty angry if I had to listen to that crap for 90 minutes. Sounds like a Ukrainian eurovision entry.

Go on please tell us more about how hipster you are

• Advertisement

Yes, that's nice.

Now - this is what you said

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...postcount=1267

In the context that remark was made in, it was clear that you were implying "working class" children were somehow defecient in these regards.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that - intelligence being inheritable - the sons and daughters of Doctors are probably smarter than the under class.

Of course, there is regression to mean, but I think that is beyond the scope of this self righteous conversation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement