Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

mikom wrote: »
    So not directly then.

No, directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Can't believe all the stories coming out now:eek: RIP to those who died and hope that missing girl turns up safe and sound.
    I'm actually thankful my toddler is into Queen and The Beatles...hopefully it'll stay that way;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

is swedish house mafia getting a bad rap unfairly maybe the people that caused the trouble were going to see skrillex or calvin harris?

There is not a Skrillex fan in the world who would have the stones to start a fight or stab someone. Middle class kiddies all fear jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

In fairness the stone roses gig would attract a different kind of crowd or clientele,for a lot of pop,rave and rap it would be younger people or scobes all full of energy looking to pop someones head off or get as wrecked off their heads as much as possible.I notice with raves and pop and rap,its all amphetamines or head shop gear you never even heard of,and getting as wrecked as they can and packing down alocpops and vodka on top of it,i mean whats that a recipie for?
    Tell me, do you get all your information from the Daily Mail and Liveline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

No, directly.

Disagree,

Indirectly;

The consumption of cannabis has not lead to any deaths,

the procurement of it has, indirectly/directly.

But the consumption cannot/has not/will not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Middle class kiddies all fear jail.
    This is because middle class kiddies generally have a functioning brain and can associate cause and effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Cannabis is a fairly harmless drug,and there is no social reprecussions from it,it doesnt make you aggressive or want to kill people..Some of the head shop stuff is supposed to make you real aggro,and mixing cocaine and alcohol with other drugs means youre off youre head.
    Gone are the days when smoking hash and popping a bit of e was supposed to make you happy out..

Well I don't know about the aggression part, but it can have negative social impacts on mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

This because middle class kiddies generally have a functioning brain and can associate cause and effect.
    And working class kids don't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Disagree,

Indirectly;

The consumption of cannabis has not lead to any deaths,

the procurement of it has, indirectly/directly.

But the consumption cannot/has not/will not
    No, directly.

If that's your idea of direct then I hope you are not organizing the direct buses to the next boards beers Mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Can't believe all the stories coming out now:eek: RIP to those who died and hope that missing girl turns up safe and sound.
    I'm actually thankful my toddler is into Queen and The Beatles...hopefully it'll stay that way;)

...she might even discover Ziggy Stardust?;)

• Advertisement

No, directly.

I feel so bad for all the Camorra-related deaths in the last while, why ever did I buy that olive oil? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

There is not a Skrillex fan in the world who would have the stones to start a fight or stab someone. Middle class kiddies all fear jail.

my ignorant presumtions and generalisation would presume skrillex would attract that crowd more the swedish house mafia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

El Weirdo wrote: »

No not all my information for instance i heard about the swedish mafia stabbings through a neighbour whos niece was going to the events..And she rang her cos she was worried,i do read the papers many different ones,i dont just stick to the one source..

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Was on twitter and under the #SwedishHouseMafia‬ in the images you have a picture of one pair havin sex and another of someone posing beside a girl giving oral... classy gig...

Was on twitter and under the #SwedishHouseMafia‬ in the images you have a picture of one pair havin sex and another of someone posing beside a girl giving oral... classy gig...

T in the park.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by El Weirdo View Post

No not all my information for instance i heard about the swedish mafia stabbings through a neighbour whos niece was going to the events..And she rang her cos she was worried,i do read the papers many different ones,i dont just stick to the one source..

Ah here, go away outta that....

T in the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Reading everything that happened it's absolute madness!

At least 9 stabbed.

One person dead.

And a young girl is now missing... all from one concert!

You'd have week long festivals in other countries with double the attendance and have NOTHING like this happen. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Both pictures were taken at an event in Scotland called "T in the park"

Not the phoenix park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

RVP 11 wrote: »
    gcgirl wrote: »
    They're not as bad as one dimension or Justin bloody Bieber so I'll let her listen to them Christ I'd disown her if she'd be into them
    But she's 6.:confused:
    Still would disown her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I'll ask again, how many of you posters were actually at the gig?
    You know how it is, the media will play off societies vendeta against young people. Nothing new there...
    I was at it, sure there was excess drinking but that goes on at Oxegen, nothing new there.
    The only reason for the extended coverage is these stabbing incidents which shouldn't be taken lightly but shouldn't smear the all round fantastic concert from my perspective...
    As for the drug taking, it's not just concerts where this goes on, watch a Dublin match on Hill16 and you'll see fellas, not just young too take drugs right in front of you.
    Could there have been more done (More Gardai, stewards outside) sure, so maybe now public event legislation could be put in place to prevent situations like this occurring again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

...she might even discover Ziggy Stardust?;)

He;) but yea might get him into Bowie soon

Am hearing through Facebook the missing girl has been found safe and well

Holsten wrote: »

She's on her way home now actually.

ziggy23 wrote: »
    He;) but yea might get him into Bowie soon

Am hearing through Facebook the missing girl has been found safe and well
    She's on her way home now actually.

Good news if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Saw that, that was from T in the Park in Scotland, don't let media influence you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Holsten wrote: »
    Reading everything that happened it's absolute madness!

At least 9 stabbed.

One person dead.

You'd have week long festivals in other countries with double the attendance and have NOTHING like this happen. Insane.

Dont forget the reported acts of cannibalism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

was there reported acts of cannibalism ya right..

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

alisirish wrote: »
    Was at the gig myself sat....had a real great day and never felt in any danger or anything whatsoever....quite the oppoiste it was an amazing day lots of dancing singing drinking and yes some people on drugs ....there was a great atmosphere and great banter were i was....there has been a real over the top reaction to it....it wasn't hell on earth or a bloodbath as people are making out....proberly people who were not even there

Granted some people got stabbed and it should not happen.....but people get stabbed every bloddy weekend in this country why are people so shocked it happened at a concert rather than a street corner.....how many other people around the country were stabbed over the weekend i wonder?....im not saying bad things didn't happen at the concert they did....but alot worse things happen in every city in this country every weekend so i dont understand peoples fuss over this one concert....sat was a great day and im sure most people who went would say the exact same....wish it would stop being protrayed as something it wasn't.

I think the indescriminate nature of the violence is what has freaked people out and the fact that the same person was able to go through the crowd and stab more than one person.

If it was reported that several people were stabbed at a house party in a underprivileged part of Dublin people would assume there was a motive or back story to the whole thing. They also wouldn't be that troubled by it as they're unlikely to ever find themselves at a house party in a dodgy area

Similarly, if it was reported that 3 people died of drug overdoses at a party somewhere it would not get the same response

It's sad that you are right and people get stabbed on other occasions far too regularly now. However there is usually some context to it like a row over a girl, alter action outside a chipper etc.

People get shot quite regularly too but I'm generally comfortable that I will notbe one of them as I'm not a criminal or involved in a gang.. So can be reasonably sure nobody wants to shoot me

Because I haven't seen any detailed reports on the stabbings I'm left with a lot of questions
    When the first person was stabbed did this happen in full view of lots of other people?
    Did the perpetrator just disappear into the crowd ?
    Were people around him able to help the victiim ?
    When the paramedics had more than one person admitted to the first aid tent with stab wounds did they notify security ?
    Did security redeploy people away from the bar for example and get them circulating the crowd ?
    There is usually a camera panning the audience for atmosphere ..could this have been used to spot any pockets of trouble
    Were there anywhere near enough police on hand to assist the event security

I am glad that you enjoyed the day and also that the majority of people didn't see any trouble and were not affected by the trouble that was there.
    The point is that the stabbings appear to have been completely random and unprovoked meaning that you could've been stabbed just as easily as anyone else that was there.
    People , including myself are simply querying how that was possible
    We know there are violent psychos in the world but when you pay into an event you presume that your health and safety has been taken into consideration and that the organisers will do everything they can to insure your safety.
    This would normally include confiscating all glass bottles and anything that could be used as a weapon.
    It also means keeping an eye on crowd surfing , crowds surging towards the stage.

I was at the Stone Roses gig and there wasn't much trouble but there were definitely people the worse for wear. Someone had a flare which luckily they were in control of but if they set that into the crowd it could've hurt people.
    Also the entrance and exit to the gig were not well policed or lit.

If you were to go to a similar event in the future wouldn't you like to know that the event hosts will exercise caution about who they admit to the gig meaning less potential for you to be in close proximity to a violent psyhco ?

There's not so much they can do about the drug consumption but they could have roving medical staff circulating the crowd and prominent water stations
    There's no point in being in denial a percentage of people at almost any gig will have taken drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Good news if true.

T'is true. Her father has confirmed she is safe and well

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

was there reported acts of cannibalism ya right..

Yeah, i'll search for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Good news if true.
    There was a girl from Tallaght reported missing who has since turned up at home

So far as I know Aoife the girl from Cork is still missing.. I would be only to delighted to be told I'm wrong though

Just seen that Aoife has now been found as well.

Finally some good news

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement