Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - Airbus A330 300 to malaga

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Do they ever use the a330 on the Portugal route ... i seem to remember them using it on a Tuesday flight

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Yes they use the 330 on the FARO route
    One currently on the way this morning
    I booked my parents in the business cabin on the Faro route out and back recently. They were down graded at checkin on the outbound flight, was told it was due to the aircraft being down graded despite a 330-300 operating it
    on the return EI couldnt get a 330 captain to operate the flight so the aircraft was downgraded to a 321
    Now have to apply for refunds for both down grades.
    I know there is no guarantee that the aircraft will operate etc but just it was a big disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The A330 is booked to operate flights EI490 and EI491 to/from Faro on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from May 26 to August 30, outside of that it's rostered for an A321.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I read somewhere recently that the pilot does not turn the air conditioning on before take off on the A330 planes because they need all the power for take off. Anyone know about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Packs off take off is a common procedure for all Jets

Either can be tight on runway length and need performance
    Cost saving less strain on engine at take off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I read somewhere recently that the pilot does not turn the air conditioning on before take off on the A330 planes because they need all the power for take off. Anyone know about this?
    Air con is generally turned off as you turn onto the runway on most jets anyway. I thought this was because air intake to the engines is used to feed cool air into the cabin, which obviously just works when the plane is in flight but I may be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

The A330 with all engine variants has tons of poke......a lot of operators use packs off take off plus using FLEX power to reduce the EGTs as much as possible.....i.e. Putting the engines under as little strain as poss. Packs off take offs have their own threat in that there has been numerous occasions that selection of the packs on after take off (it's done in a sequence , pack 1 with climb thrust, pack 2 at flap retraction ).....has cause either the packs or bleeds to trip on selection.......this is a high work load ecam switching process together trying to reset the system in a highly dynamic and fluid ATC environment with numerous ATC instructions and altitude selections etc. Many operators don't bother with packs off take offs unless utterly necessary for performance reasons reference above.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

LXFlyer wrote: »
    The A330 is booked to operate flights EI490 and EI491 to/from Faro on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from May 26 to August 30, outside of that it's rostered for an A321.

Is this intended for 2018 as well? Checking AL's site, it looks like the regular A321 is now been used.

Thanks,
    LK.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

LeperKing wrote: »
    Is this intended for 2018 as well? Checking AL's site, it looks like the regular A321 is now been used.

Thanks,
    LK.

It's a bit early yet for that to be decided upon.

The summer schedule doesn't normally get finalised until November and even then there will still be late changes to follow.

Advertisement