Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - Airbus A330 300 to malaga

Options
  • 06-07-2012 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

What are these planes like, we went on one to NYC back in Aug 2008 and were very basic.

We have seats in row 13 :eek: D and E we will have a 5 month old baby and have a bassinet???
    Is there mod cons TV/radio/games?

Cheers
    Robert

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Robert, it's a 2hr 40 flight. Relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Nearly all seats will have the tv in front with a selection of movies, games, music etc. Aside from that its just a basic plane with a few centimeters extra legroom. Im not sure about your seat exactly, but here is a map.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Aer_Lingus/Aer_Lingus_Airbus_A330-300.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Bearcat wrote: »
    Robert, it's a 2hr 40 flight. Relax.

Yes but i need as many things as possible to combat the shear terror of flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

robertxxx wrote: »
    Yes but i need as many things as possible to combat the shear terror of flying.

Ah yes, as the aircraft plummets 20,000 feet in 5 seconds in "holiday jet hell".... :D

Ah yes, as the aircraft plummets 20,000 feet in 5 seconds in "holiday jet hell".... :D

Happened before!;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72698255

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

You'd be surprised how a good game of Tetris can combat the feeling of a plane falling out of the sky.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

What are these planes like, we went on one to NYC back in Aug 2008 and were very basic.

We have seats in row 13 :eek: D and E we will have a 5 month old baby and have a bassinet???
    Is there mod cons TV/radio/games?

Cheers
    Robert

I wouldn't worry about keeping yourself occupied, your 5 month old will keep you busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Was on this exact flight on Monday. seats go

_ _aisle_ _ _ _ _aisle_ _

All have seats have tv screens with movies, tv shows and games inbuilt.. you can also see a map of where the aircraft is and info about the flight.

The earphones for the entertainment system are €5. If you want to use your own earphones you can but you will only get sound through one ear.

Any more questions just ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Carvair

kub wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about keeping yourself occupied, your 5 month old will keep you busy.

And most likely everyone else 10 rows either side

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

_ _aisle_ _ _ _ _aisle_ _

As far as I'm aware, no A330 is nine abreast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

2-4-2 , just a typo I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Im wondering why they don't make business class available to book on this route. It would be a nice option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Does business class be closed off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

It is usually available with the seat selection. You pay extra. MCO used to be all economy but you payed more for the bigger seat up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

According to SeatGuru 13 D & E are bulkhead seats with bassinets.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Aer_Lingus/Aer_Lingus_Airbus_A330-300.php

No mention if video screen in arm rest or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

donvito99 wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, no A330 is nine abreast.

Some are, especially the bucket-and-spade charter operators. I once flew in a 3-3-3 config A330.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Aer lingus never went for the 3-3-3 configuration.
    Theirs are 2-4-2 until you get to the last couple of rows which are 2-3-2 as the plane narrows at the back. The seat map will always show one of the seats on the middle group be unavailable for selection, that's because it doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Im wondering why they don't make business class available to book on this route. It would be a nice option.
    Well EI do not offer Business class on shorthaul flights so to offer it on a very specific flight would be a bit odd. (A330 only opertes the early AGP flight) And they already charge more for the seats in the J Class cabin.....so they are still utilising the physical product to increase revenue.
    In addition what happens to the 'Business class pax' if the flight is switched to an A320?

To the OP, I don't think row 13 is the bassinet, looking at the map I think that row is 12. Not sure if they offer that option on a 2 hr 30 mins flight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Were on that plane to malaga a few weeks ago and the seats have games movies n music in cattle class. Seating is 2 4 2. Was also the flight with all the young kids and babies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 bacz

If i call aerlingus help desk i do not think they will know answer on that question so maybe here anyone know if this a 333 will be operate all the time in season 2013. I see 3MO is on schedule from 1 april dep. 7:00am. I never flow on large aircraft so if i book flight morning flight is there any chance for disappointment cause aircraft change to a320?

Regards
    Mariusz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

bacz wrote: »
    If i call aerlingus help desk i do not think they will know answer on that question so maybe here anyone know if this a 333 will be operate all the time in season 2013. I see 3MO is on schedule from 1 april dep. 7:00am. I never flow on large aircraft so if i book flight morning flight is there any chance for disappointment cause aircraft change to a320?

Regards
    Mariusz

Go to the part where you reserve your seat if its 2-4-2 configuration your on the 330

I've booked this flight again and was told by AE that it's not A330.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

bacz wrote: »
    If i call aerlingus help desk i do not think they will know answer on that question so maybe here anyone know if this a 333 will be operate all the time in season 2013.......

I think that Aer Lingus would know what their schedule is a lot better than any random poster on here. At the very least they will be seated at an internal computer where they can find the info for you. (All they have to do is look t how many seats are sold/avail on the fligt to see what aicraft it is.)
    The EI schedule for next summer isn''t 100% ye so it may well be that they have not yet decided on using the A330 to Malaga or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

The seat map is showing the aircraft as being the airbus A330-200. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

I've booked this flight again and was told by AE that it's not A330.

It's usually only an A330 in high season in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Todd Gack wrote: »
    It's usually only an A330 in high season in the summer.

It's my understanding that they're taking the 330 off the Malaga route this summer to increase frequency on the transatlantic routes.

So it'll probably be a 320 or 321.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

It's not a 330. Most likely a 321.

regards
    Stovepipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Stovepipe wrote: »
    It's not a 330. Most likely a 321.

regards
    Stovepipe

EI584 and EI585 currently show as A330 on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Stimpyone wrote: »
    It's my understanding that they're taking the 330 off the Malaga route this summer to increase frequency on the transatlantic routes.

So it'll probably be a 320 or 321.
    That A330 does a T/A after it returns from Malaga. The early morning arrival from the states go's to Malaga and then does the afternoon T/A to JFK.

Advertisement