Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - Airbus A330 300 to malaga

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

roundymac wrote: »
    That A330 does a T/A after it returns from Malaga. The early morning arrival from the states go's to Malaga and then does the afternoon T/A to JFK.

Heard they were pulling it in the summer and putting on another DUB ORD

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Stimpyone wrote: »
    Heard they were pulling it in the summer and putting on another DUB ORD

Already been discussed on another thread. EI are adding another A330 to their Dublin based numbers. This will allow them to add 5-6 extra departures next summer (ORD and BOS)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bacz

I call aer lingus few days ago and lady told me that this aircraft A330 is assigned to this route, so i just book tickets for 8 days in may.
    What's now only left it's start to pray for my dream came true.

P.S. Thanks too all for any answer on my question.

Regards
    Mariusz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Have you ever flown in the business class section on the A330 to Malaga with Aer Lingus? They are charging €69 extra per seat. Any idea what you get for that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Have you ever flown in the business class section on the A330 to Malaga with Aer Lingus? They are charging €69 extra per seat. Any idea what you get for that?

It's a seat upgrade as opposed to business class, you upgrade to a lie-flat, pod type business seat. If you google "new aer lingus business cabin" you'll see photos and videos of what you could expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its just the big seat nothing more

There is no free food or drink

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Was on this exact flight on Monday. seats go

_ _aisle_ _ _ _ _aisle_ _

All have seats have tv screens with movies, tv shows and games inbuilt.. you can also see a map of where the aircraft is and info about the flight.

The earphones for the entertainment system are €5. If you want to use your own earphones you can but you will only get sound through one ear.

Any more questions just ask?

You can buy a little adapter for a Euro or two and get sound in stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It's infinitely more comfortable and pleasant than the standard seat. It's configurable into a bed, Cirrus style long haul business seat. If you've never had the pleasure of a LH business class hard product, it's well worth the €69.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭trellheim

I wish it was the comparable 69 quid for DUB JFK

7.5 hours vs 3 , I make it 172 quid or so in a strict time comparison but its a wee bit more expensive lol for not a lot more. all depends on what you value !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Its just the big seat nothing more

There is no free food or drink

Big IFE screen.
    Seat has massage function
    Loads of space for your stuff
    Flight is 7am so good opportunity to nap completely flat after early start
    Cabin is way quieter

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

trellheim wrote: »
    I wish it was the comparable 69 quid for DUB JFK

7.5 hours vs 3 , I make it 172 quid or so in a strict time comparison but its a wee bit more expensive lol for not a lot more. all depends on what you value !

Your calculation is daft and pointless! What is it achieving? Business class is as much about the service and add ons as the seat, Malaga flight gives you none of these add ons.

IMO €69 is definitely worth it, Malaga is a busy flight for families so boarding and flight will be much more relaxing and no worries about finding a luggage space in the overhead bins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Is the air conditioning any better on the A330 planes. I have been on some pretty stuffy flights both with Aer Lingus and Ryanair recently on the smaller planes.
    I'm surprised to find that if you fly in the business class section of the plane at €69 a seat you still have to rent your ear phones to watch the movies at €5 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

I think they are only €3 they are muck anyway, the €69 euro just gets you the seat no other business class benefits, although you do get to get on and get off first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

4 of the A330-300's use normal head phone sockets in economy. EI-EWR, EI-FNG, EI-FNH, EI-GAJ.

The adaptor thingy is 1.50 in one of the discount stores

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Is the air conditioning any better on the A330 planes. I have been on some pretty stuffy flights both with Aer Lingus and Ryanair recently on the smaller planes.
    I'm surprised to find that if you fly in the business class section of the plane at €69 a seat you still have to rent your ear phones to watch the movies at €5 a pop.

The aircraft pressurizes diffefently on the A330 but the stuffyness you talk about is prob temp related,this can depend on crew cranking the temp up/down etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭trellheim

Your calculation is daft and pointless! What is it achieving? Business class is as much about the service and add ons as the seat, Malaga flight gives you none of these add ons.

For many people the larger seat is most of it.

Everyone lands and takes off at the same time, yes you get off the plane first and get better grub and a cupboard and some movies but is all that worth the 10 times extra ? To some it is and thats why you see the mad prices

Now I understand why they do it - its a bucket and spade brigade or snowbirds so anything you can eke out of them is cash in the bank, its different economics for that run , thats why you dont see 500 euro for business upgrade to Malaga

Every airline seat left unsold is lost revenue forever once the plane takes off

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

In short it depends how much you paid for the flight, if you are travelling alone and how price conscious you are. My wife when joining us in Malaga takes the up grade. You have more space, not just the seat but around you. You get to stretch out have a kip and you tend to arrive more relaxed and refreshed. If this does not appeal, then do not take it. I am not sure if you have to buy it both ways.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Bussywussy wrote: »
    The aircraft pressurizes diffefently on the A330 but the stuffyness you talk about is prob temp related,this can depend on crew cranking the temp up/down etc.
    Pray tell re the aircraft pressuring differently. Looking forward to more hot air

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You get space. About 3 times the amount of space you would get in economy for nowhere near 3 times the price.

Even without the other bells & whistles that business class would normally include it's a good deal.

duskyjoe wrote: »
    Pray tell re the aircraft pressuring differently. Looking forward to more hot air

What??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

What??

How does a a330 pressurise differently than a a320? All I can see is the diff is higher on the 330. Maybe I'm missing something.

duskyjoe wrote: »
    How does a a330 pressurise differently than a a320? All I can see is the diff is higher on the 330. Maybe I'm missing something.

What I mean is the pressurization profile...the cabin alt on A330 in crz is 7400ft for flights over 2.5hrs (FMGEC I/P) And 8000ft for flights less than 2.5hrs..is it not always 8000ft on 320??...not sure if there's a major comfort difference tbh but that's what A330 does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ronanm1

I wish AerLingus would run the A330 down to the canaries! I'd have no problem giving an extra €69 for a more comfortable seat on those 4 hour flights

ronanm1 wrote: »
    I wish AerLingus would run the A330 down to the canaries! I'd have no problem giving an extra €69 for a more comfortable seat on those 4 hour flights

Unlikely they'd price it at 69. Probably 99.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

ronanm1 wrote: »
    Its not viable for them to do so. The DUB-AGP-DUB fits nicely between landing in from US at approx 5am and then being back in Dublin at approx 2.30pm for a 4pm departure to the US.
    Anything longer than Faro/Malaga would not suit the schedule, these are peak travel routes for Irish holiday makers/foreign home owners. So its a great utilisation of the airframe.

Tenger wrote: »
    Its not viable for them to do so. The DUB-AGP-DUB fits nicely between landing in from US at approx 5am and then being back in Dublin at approx 2.30pm for a 4pm departure to the US.
    Anything longer than Faro/Malaga would not suit the schedule, these are peak travel routes for Irish holiday makers/foreign home owners. So its a great utilisation of the airframe.

Last time the A330 did a canaries run was Christmas Eve to Lanzarote where the aircraft wasn't needed after.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

It's possible in the future when the new A321neoLR are introduced they will serve some European short haul routes. They will also have the same business class seats as they're primary use will be transatlantic flights.

Last time the A330 did a canaries run was Christmas Eve to Lanzarote where the aircraft wasn't needed after.

Don't the 330's fly to US xmas eve and then overnight on the US side?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Don't the 330's fly to US xmas eve and then overnight on the US side?

Some do, some don't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Locker10a wrote: »
    It's possible in the future when the new A321neoLR are introduced they will serve some European short haul routes. They will also have the same business class seats as they're primary use will be transatlantic flights.

They'll have similar overall capacity to the 320s (the 757s are nearly identical) so little gained from doing it other than adding cycles to what should be longer kept frames.

If a eurobiz service comes onstream it'll be like their old one - slightly higher pitch, mid seat free, moveable curtain; and they'll want to do it at times of day that won't always have a 321LR available anyway.

Advertisement