Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Angelus

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Lapin wrote: »
    FFS :rolleyes:

It's more than a bit of a stretch to say that the census info is cooked because it doesn't meet with your expectations.

If anything it proves the point that I made earlier, that there aren't enough people moaning to RTE about "The Angelus" for them to consider dumping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Irishconvert-I am honestly happy for you that you are tolerant towards the national broadcaster showing religious bias. That's fine for you.I do not think that this discussion or our support for either side of it shows either one of us to be right or wrong. But it seems there is support from many lisence holders to have a station which is unaffiliated with a religious order.Surely proper tolerance would be evident through a complete lack of bias and allowing people to choose when and how to celebrate their own beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

But it seems there is support from many lisence holders.

Could you give the link for this please.

Brian T-you just have to read through this thread to see the discussions. I'm not a very tech minded person,I actually do not know how to put links into a post. Though I have followed this thread and noted many replies which are against the angelus.I am a lisence holder and I am against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Brian T-you just have to read through this thread to see the discussions. I'm not a very tech minded person,I actually do not know how to put links into a post. Though I have followed this thread and noted many replies which are against the angelus.I am a lisence holder and I am against it.

Are you talking about the "many" licence holders in this thread or the ones in Ireland as a whole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,645 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whats the harm of it :confused: dont like dont watch it simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Irishconvert-I am honestly happy for you that you are tolerant towards the national broadcaster showing religious bias. That's fine for you.I do not think that this discussion or our support for either side of it shows either one of us to be right or wrong. But it seems there is support from many lisence holders to have a station which is unaffiliated with a religious order.Surely proper tolerance would be evident through a complete lack of bias and allowing people to choose when and how to celebrate their own beliefs.

I live in a majority Christian country and accept there will be programmes on TV to cater for the majority. Same as there is a bias in showing GAA in favour of cricket for example, it is more dear to the people who watch the channel.

Just get rid of RTE and have TV on-demand. I think that will keep everyone happy :-)

I mean the licence holders in Ireland,well ones I know of. Look, I didn't start the thread!I know it's been suggested OP was trolling,I don't know. But, I'm bowing out of this discussion,gracefully I hope!I doubt a change will happen anytime soon.If ever there's a public opinion poll on it,that will be interesting.I just hope for some sun at this stage so I can stay outside a while and avoid Tv.

Advertisement