Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concert - Swedish House Mafia *** READ POST 121 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

It was an utter beacon for the flith of Dublin to come out and cause havoc

So only people from Dublin allowed at this?? News to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Excuse me? Wanna reword that?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LilNiall

These reported fatalities have been rumoured for a few house.

2 hours ago SHM tweeted
    Thanks for a great night dubliners.

Surely they'd have been informed of fatalities?

With no newslink I hope it's BS. I mean the jounos probably had the reports prewritten of trouble & stabbings.

LilNiall wrote: »
    These reported fatalities have been rumoured for a few house.

2 hours ago SHM tweeted
    Thanks for a great night dubliners.

Surely they'd have been informed of fatalities?

With no newslink I hope it's BS. I mean the jounos probably had the reports prewritten of trouble & stabbings.

SHM are hardly going to tweet about trouble at their gigs.

Kiera wrote: »
    SHM are hardly going to tweet about trouble at their gigs.

Nor would they feel the need to say it was a great night if it was indeed a murder scene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Post was deleted. No reason given.

I simply quoted someone from Boards, like LilNiall, and questioned the source of the info. LilNiall's posts are still there but mine isn't...

Mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Was there tonight and wouldn't be surprised if the reports are true. I've never seen scenes like what I saw today. In my first 5 minutes there I saw a guy loaf a girl and bust her nose, was one of many incidents I saw. Thankfully I didn't see anyone stabbed so hope everyone gets home safe. The security are well rehearsed at putting people in the recovery position for tomorrow night anyway, but the crowd won't be half as bad (the ground will be twice as bad though, if thats even possible.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Gardai, Journalists, Security, have all said there were no deaths or stabbings at the event, its all rumours that escalated on twitter and facebook, if there were serious incidents it would have been reported long before now.

There was probably assaults and thats where the chinese whispers started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Mr.S wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, If there is a CREDIBLE SOURCE please post it, or
    else do not post about the rumored stabbings (even though the Gardai have said none took place...)

The internet is ruined by people posting sh1te from non-credible (incredible? :confused: ) sources. If you don't have the proof, don't post!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm going to reiterate: Unless something official is released, and links are provided, we cant have this talk of people being dead etc.

It's random scare mongering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

The noise polution is rediclous, it can be heard very clear in tallaght, im in templeogue & could hear the words!

Thats not true at all. I live in Ballyfermot. Literally less than a 15 minute walk from the part of the park where this gig was and couldnt hear the words. I could hear music but no wortds at all. So very clear in tallaght? Total lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Do you not think itd sad that you think kids not able to drink alcohol and passing out on the road is no big deal?

I live in an apartment overlooking the park and the pub where most people gathered before these gigs.

I wasn't at the gig but I was at the Stone Roses, while I agree this behavior if true is unacceptable. I witnessed first hand grown adults behave in the same as at the Roses gig.

Unfortunately this behavior goes on at every gig, maybe not to the above extent but its a fact of life

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Frankay

Mr.S wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, If there is a CREDIBLE SOURCE please post it, or
    else do not post about the rumored stabbings (even though the Gardai have said none took place...)

Now I'm not entirely sure of the credibility of this source but a friend of my cousin told me some guy spilled his pint because he slipped in the mud. Poor fella got his jeans dirty and the pint went all over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

Kiera wrote: »

Excuse me? Wanna reword that?

No I dont,

There were literally hundreds of scumbags and I mean hundreds acting like animals on the streets around the park
    Screaming, throwing bottles and cans into the canal, openly pissing in gardens and as it finished there was fighting all over the place and the odd blowjob given openly

If you went for good time fair play, but there was nasty element attracted to this, one that wasnt present at Stone Roses gig.

Bands like this serve as a beacon for the scumbag element and when they all get together its bedlem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

ItsNugget wrote: »
    Thats not true at all. I live in Ballyfermot. Literally less than a 15 minute walk from the part of the park where this gig was and couldnt hear the words. I could hear music but no wortds at all. So very clear in tallaght? Total lies.

I'm in Templeogue myself and I could hear the music very clearly. Didn't bother listening for words, I just hired up the tv.

No I dont,

There were literally hundreds of scumbags and I mean hundreds acting like animals on the streets around the park
    Screaming, throwing bottles and cans into the canal, openly pissing in gardens and as it finished there was fighting all over the place and the odd blowjob given openly

If you went for good time fair play, but there was nasty element attracted to this, one that wasnt present at Stone Roses gig.

Bands like this serve as a beacon for the scumbag element and when they all get together its bedlem

I think Kiera's point was it wasnt just Dublin people.

No I dont,

And did you check the ID of each of these scumbags to check they were from Dublin? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Frankay wrote: »
    Now I'm not entirely sure of the credibility of this source but a friend of my cousin told me some guy spilled his pint because he slipped in the mud. Poor fella got his jeans dirty and the pint went all over him.

I can see the headlines tomorrow

"BEDLAM IN THE PHOENIX PARK"

Also I heard some guy told a member of An Garda Síochána to flip off. Bowsey.

I can see the headlines tomorrow

"BEDLAM IN THE PHOENIX PARK"

I expect so MattHelders-just really hope nobody had to pay the ultimate price for it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

and the odd blowjob given openly

Get any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

You could hear it in Terenure & Kimmage, was in my boyfriends house earlier and we could hear it, thought there must be a party going on in the local pub. Then when I was going home someone told us it was actually the Phoenix Park gig. Could hear it all the way home & in my house. I couldn't make out the words though.

I remember some gig on in Slane years ago, sitting on my friends roof in Ardee we could actually hear it really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I've heard multiple reports from people in Tallaght that they could hear the music.

• Site Banned Posts: 1 The Return of MickySticks

Joe Duffy will be very busy on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

whirlpool wrote: »
    I've heard multiple reports from people in Tallaght that they could hear the music.

I live right beside the park and the gig in a top floor apt. I could hear it but it was hardly noise pollution. If the stage was set up the same way as the Roses those reports in Tallaght as BS the speakers were facing town direction

whirlpool wrote: »

Mea culpa. I live near Tallaght and I had my radio turned up really loud. Apologies to all your friends in Tallaght, I feel terrible now. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ok. Before you post in here, make sure you understand this post.

We have no problem with anyone discussing any aspect of the gig.

That said any unsubstantiated stories will be dealt with very harshly.

Any form of abuse directed at other posters will be dealt with harshly.

Any sweeping generalisations about the 'type' of people that attended will be dealt with harshly.

Bear in mind there are alot of people out there today who's lives are completely changed after last night. Some sensitivity will be required from all posters in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

To be fair to the guards, you would have needed 1 for every 2-3 people at that gig to stop everything that happened.

I would have loved to have gone to see Snoop Dogg, but after this Im glad I didnt.

unfortunately theres just something about certain people that means putting on a dance or rap gig in this country that always ends poorly.

Im not saying its the musics fault, people from all walks like rap / dance music, but for some reason in Ireland it attracts a lot of antisocial types who ruin it for the decent fans who just want to enjoy a concert.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Disgraceful. This is Ireland today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Wolvis

Hello lads and ladies, I saw this website/thread and decided to register since I was at the concert last night!

Was so much fun man I swear, was kind of drunk but who cares everybody at the event was either shiitfaced drunk or out of their heads!
    I hated being outside the pit though, there was loads of room in there and my brother randomly got an armband.

I saw some guy being brought through the crowd to the security with a tissue over his head and blood dripping out of it, heard people saying in the crowd he got a bottle to the head but that could easily be crap.

I left 10-20 minutes before the thing ended so I could get out of there without any of the bound to happen hassle, shame about the 9 reported stabbings though.

The place was in a heap aswell, will cost alot to fix up the place after this weekend!

overall had a great laugh and had loads of fun, oh how its fun to be 18!

Do you think they will ever hold something like this again in Phoenix Park? the organisation IMO was terrible and they hardly searched people, my brother had a bag with his runners in them and they didnt even look in the pockets, it also took 5 security men to drag some prick trying to start fights over a barrier, so what can you expect them to do? just madness.

oh and I forgot my wellies >.< won't ever make that mistake again!

Advertisement