Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

at this stage of the season I'm just hoping for no injuries. We've had some pretty bad injuries in pre season games in the last few years like Berquist and Stan

Yeah it's always a worry but at the same time players need to be match fit. It's a danger of the pre-season that you can't negate and only manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

roycon wrote: »
    he was injured for most of the year though and playing ireland and leinster u20s when he wasn't. I dont remember him even playing once for Clontarf in the AIL last season

bit of a strange move for Sherlock if true, he started one game for Clontarf last season at home to Shannon, badly broke a finger within the first 5 minutes and didnt play again till the U20 world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

Cullen is 6"6 Marshall is 6"4.

6"6 is pretty much the minimum for a lock POC, DOC, Ryan are all 6"6

he's 6'5 as is brad thorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

andy boyle cant/wont kick but played a bit at full back for ucd in the ail last season but he is **** quick. hudson played most of his underage rugby as a fullback so is probably more suited. james treacy is from newbridge 6'2 18 stone prop.good scrummager , plays for ucd in the ail, 2nd year academy.

you wont see a better half back combination in terms of pace and ball carrying skills than cooney and madigan. i feel sorry for the outside backs who wont be seeing much of the ball as a result.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

roycon wrote: »
    andy boyle cant/wont kick but played a bit at full back for ucd in the ail last season but he is **** quick. hudson played most of his underage rugby as a fullback so is probably more suited. james treacy is from newbridge 6'2 18 stone prop.good scrummager , plays for ucd in the ail, 2nd year academy.

you wont see a better half back combination in terms of pace and ball carrying skills than cooney and madigan. i feel sorry for the outside backs who wont be seeing much of the ball as a result.

I don't. Madigan has a great pass and defenders have to watch him closely. When the ball does go out its good quality and the backs could have more space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

profitius wrote: »
    I don't. Madigan has a great pass and defenders have to watch him closely. When the ball does go out its good quality and the backs could have more space.

Not to mention that there's a second natural playmaker at 12. I can see them putting a lot of width on the ball and having a crack at Gloucester's back line. Would really like to have seen Macken at 13. I think this is going to be a big season for him. Playing outside Madigan and Reid would have brought the best out of him, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Maken is absolutely vital for the first few matches of the rabo, so there is probably an element of him being bubble wrapped for these games.

It's a delicate balance between getting him match ready and keeping him safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Schmidt: "Marshall is someone we see as being able to play, 6, second-row and maybe 8".

Interesting, I would have thought he was an 8, second-row and maybe 6.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Not great reading in the Irish Times today about Leinster!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0811/1224321996932.html

SOB out til the end of Nov, Luke Fitz prob not back til Jan (best case scenario), and Ruddock, Dave Kearney, and EOM not back til November!

SOB, Ruddock, and Dave Kearney all have hip problems which is strange to say the least to have three guys with a problem here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Not great reading in the Irish Times today about Leinster!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0811/1224321996932.html

SOB out til the end of Nov, Luke Fitz prob not back til Jan (best case scenario), and Ruddock, Dave Kearney, and EOM not back til November!

SOB, Ruddock, and Dave Kearney all have hip problems which is strange to say the least to have three guys with a problem here.

Is November not ahead of schedule for EOM Ruddock and D Kearney?

I was under the impression EOM was out until the new year

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm not sure, I think it's about right for Ruddock, EOM, and D. Kearney. I just didn't think it was great news about Luke Fitz and SOB.

Teh pre season friendlies are now great opportunities for Carr, Hudson, and Boyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Lads, it looks like I have a spare adult and child ticket for tonight's game.

If you want them I'll let you have them for half price. Ie 7.50 for the pair.

Pm me if interested.

Intersting quotes from Joe about 10/12/13 this season.

Madigan is starting the season as the second choice 10 but Goodman and Reid will both get opportunities.

With injuries and internationals unavailable Joe expects Madigan Reid and Goodman all to get chances at 12.

Leinster 14-10 up. Tries auvaa and madigan.

Great evening here in Tallaght.

Feel free not to answer till the game is over but if possible could you tell us about a few specific things

My big questions is about the scrums, how is McGrath/Hagan working and how did any of the academy props who get onto the field do.
    Next question has to be about new signing Denton, how does he look.
    How is Cooney doing
    How is Reid doing at 12 and how is O'Shea doing at 13 its not his natural position.

Thanks

You've given me a bit to work on there!!! And I'm here with young kids so not 100% focused on play unfortunately!!

The backs are doing ok, the line out doing fine after ropey start.

Auvaa is class. No subs yet. Scrum is a mess but I'm not qualified or well sighted enough to explain it

We're losing out in scrims tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Boyle try. 21-10.

3 Madigan conversions. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I read Shane Monahan got a run out for Gloucester, how did he go?

• Advertisement

Madds class

durkadurka wrote: »
    You've given me a bit to work on there!!! And I'm here with young kids so not 100% focused on play unfortunately!!
    anything you can answer is great I was just highlighting the bits that I wanted to know about if anyone can answer

Thanks for your answers

I read Shane Monahan got a run out for Gloucester, how did he go?

Only half-way through the game.

Reserve props on now. Loads of subs on.

From what I can read on twitter, Madigan scored his try by gathering an overthrown line-out, and Boyle scored from a Madigan cross-field kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

New season MADIGAN STILL GODIGAN

Hags correct. He's running the show. Man if the match for me.

D Ryan try

28-15

According to twitter Hudson added a 5th try 33-15

Yep Hudson bolloxed his ankle. Cooney fb now!

• Advertisement

FT Leinster 33 Gloucester 22

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement