Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frequency Changes at Three Rock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Heard an announcement on Radio 1 before the 4 pm news this afternoon advising listeners to rescan their Saorview receivers next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

was announced on rte about 7'30

So has anybody's tv lost signal yet

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

I just did a rescan and saorview is coming in loud and clear on CH 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I wish the guys in Mt Leinster would buy a watch. They pulled the plug at 08:41 this morning for a 09:00 outage. It's not the first time they've done this either. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Receiving both 3 rock and Kippure now in Tallaght on an indoor aerial.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I can get both here in Bray too, in fact when they were both on ch54 I wasn't particularly sure which one I was getting, I got a good signal just by pointing my attic aerial (group C/D) in a vague easterly direction. I've been up to attic armed with a compass, and now I'm getting a stronger signal from Kippure, presumably because of the aerial despite Three Rock being slightly closer (10km vs. 13km) and being visible from my front garden. I might pick up a wideband aerial sometime and see what difference that makes.

The Cush wrote: »
    Notice of the Three-Rock outage next Tuesday up on Aertel 169 - http://www.rte.ie/aerteldigital/desktopxhtml/169-7.html. Note the error - 10th May, should be 10th July

28b9lhj.jpg

They fixed the error on the Aertel Tech Info page also

35cidti.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

Any indication of a channel change for Multiplex 2 from Three Rock?

My tv has switched over to 30 now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

Bazzer2 wrote: »
    For anyone on UPC in Dublin, it might be interesting to keep an eye on the analogue relay of Channel Four on UHF channel 30.

Those who may currently experience co-channel interference from Kippure VHF will see that element of CCI disappear, but when the Three Rock DTT transmitter kicks in with increased power, it may create a problem.

Further to my observation, I am now noticing a significant degradation in picture quality on UPC's analogue Channel Four now that UHF channel 30 is active from Three Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I've lost my saorview signal now. Nothing coming through even after a full rescan. Any suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?

Unbelievable. Just as I say that the channels all come in on ch30 but still no picture or sound

Issac wrote: »
    I've lost my saorview signal now. Nothing coming through even after a full rescan. Any suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?

First reported problem with the frequency change.

What type of aerial are you using? Where approx are you located?

EDIT
    I see from a previous post you're using an outdoor aerial indoors, maybe it'll have to be fixed outside
    I think it should be ok if you can pick up TV3. I was in a similar position and an internal worked for me - as long as there was no traffic interference from outside. Ended up buying a small rooftop and using it inside. Problem solved.

It's a small outdoor aerial, inside our garden shed, in Booterstown. I'm getting text telling me what program is on but "no signal" is written on the screen.

Lost the signal again after trying another rescan. Just says no channels available now.

It's a small outdoor aerial, inside our garden shed, in Booterstown. I'm getting text telling me what program is on but "no signal" is written on the screen.

Might be worth trying it higher up, in the attic maybe or you'll have to fix it outside.

I was afraid you'd say that! Have they dropped the signal power or something? Why'd they go messing with it?!

I was afraid you'd say that! Have they dropped the signal power or something? Why'd they go messing with it?!

They haven't said what they've done on Three-Rock other than change the frequency - reduced power, changed radiation pattern, new antennas???

In any case they will always recommend a rooftop aerial.

Do you know what group the aerial is - Wideband (black tip) or Group CD (green tip)? If the aerial is Group CD you have the wrong aerial for the new frequency at Three-Rock. Wideband or Group A (red tip) required.

Damn them. I just read through the start of this thread and this whole thing seems like a mess. It looks like I need a black labeled aerial for around 3 rock. Thanks for your help!

Damn them. I just read through the start of this thread and this whole thing seems like a mess. It looks like I need a black labeled aerial for around 3 rock. Thanks for your help!

See the edit to my post above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sorry if this is a dumb question but have you tried scanning ch 54 ?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Tony wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but have you tried scanning ch 54 ?

I am in Ballsbridge and I have found the signal rock solid (if you pardon the pun) with my bedroom TV giving an improved performance on the coathanger.:D. I am getting 60% on that when it was only 54% on ch 54. My main TV gets 50% signal and 100% quality.

Did they have to change the panels for such a big channel change?

I just checked the aerial there and it seems that I do have the black tipped aerial. When I look at the signal coming at ch30 it's really weak (non existent really) and the quality is terrible too. Running searches at ch54 yields no results either. Keeps on searching but finding nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Verso

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that I have re-tuned all my TVs from Ch. 54 to Ch. 30 for Three Rock and no problems.

I am in Cabinteely and in sight of the transmission masts. The quality is at 92% with a black tipped outside aerial.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

I just checked the aerial there and it seems that I do have the black tipped aerial. When I look at the signal coming at ch30 it's really weak (non existent really) and the quality is terrible too. Running searches at ch54 yields no results either. Keeps on searching but finding nothing...

Did you try moving the aerial? The 'sweet spot' for channel 30 may not be the same as channel 54.

For those who can read the TS data, does it still list 738000 as the frequency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

just did an automatic retune.
    everything worked fine with my little €6.49 indoor aerial :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭BubbleBalls

Hi All,

As with Karsini I would also appreciate if someone could confirm frequency? Looks like it has changed from 738000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Hi All,

As with Karsini I would also appreciate if someone could confirm frequency? Looks like it has changed from 738000.

For those who dont understand the frequencies that equate to the channels.

738000 = Channel 54.

546000 = Channel 30.

• Advertisement

STB wrote: »
    738000 = Channel 54.

Do you know if the TS still shows 738000 (and 198500)? Or is that old news?

Advertisement