Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Debs/Grad related :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I've finally decided who I'll ask. My grad is on August 23rd I think. I'm going to rent a suit (I still haven't stopped growing :o) and I'm asking her tomorrow night. We've been friends forever ( we were each others first friends) and we went to montessori together and also through primary school. We've stayed great friends and I thought it'd be cool to ask her seeing as we pretty much spent our childhoods together. Hopefully she'll say yes! =) I don't even mind if I don't go to hers! We've loads of pictures of us two playing together as kids and it'll be added to the 'collection'.

Ye might think it cheesy, but hopefully she'll agree to go with me!

Wish me luck lads! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nowhere94

i've a debs and grads this year and two different dresses, same shoes and things for both though (:

ChemHickey wrote: »

Wish me luck lads! =)

Best of luck!:D I dont know if i'd ever have the courage to ask anyone :o

nowhere94 wrote: »

Wish me luck lads! =)

Best of luck!:D I dont know if i'd ever have the courage to ask anyone :o

Just do it. You (hopefully) won't regret it! I don't mind if I get rejected though! =P It's all part of the process of graduation shtuff! Next time your with someone you want to ask, seize the moment. YOLO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I actually don't know what I'm going to do for a debs date :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I actually don't know what I'm going to do for a debs date :S

Bring mehh..

dCBp3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

My Debs is on the 8th of August in the Carnegie Court Hotel, Swords :D
    Absolutely buzzing for it (Mainly because I'm going to be on TV :P) I got picked to appear on Dream Debs yeowwwwwww :pac:
    Have my dress, clutch, shoes, jewellery, hair, makeup, tan and nails all sorted! It's just the waiting that's killing me right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

Me and my date have planned that'll I'll pick her up at her's myself and then I'll drive us into town to get the bus. But I'm stupidly worriying what I'm gonna do with my car/car keys and getting home the next day?

Like, should I pop in home (my house is on the way) and get my mam to drive us in? It saves both her from having to go with me to her house and me having to leave the car in town and probably not being able to drive it home.

Is that like, acceptable?

God, I probs sound so stupid. :/ :L

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ivanh wrote: »
    Me and my date have planned that'll I'll pick her up at her's myself and then I'll drive us into town to get the bus. But I'm stupidly worriying what I'm gonna do with my car/car keys and getting home the next day?

Like, should I pop in home (my house is on the way) and get my mam to drive us in? It saves both her from having to go with me to her house and me having to leave the car in town and probably not being able to drive it home.

Is that like, acceptable?
    It sounds quite sensible to me, saves you worrying about your car.

Plus your mother might like a look at your date in all her finery / get a pic of the pair of you / share a little in the excitement! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

If anyone has been to a debs organised by Debs Ireland before could you please tell me the purpose of the "diary room". I am familiar with Big Brother and how the diary room works.... But, who will we be talking to in the diary room....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

ivanh wrote: »
    Mine's on the 18th of July! Not long now ;)

Have the suit, which I've gladly been able to wear to a couple of weddings and our grad so it hasn't been idle :D

Date sorted too, asked a girl I've known since primary school but only just got close too :P

I'm really looking forward to it, except it's gonna be like a four hour drive on a bus to our venue :/

Where are ye all goin'? Ours is in Vanity Nightclub in Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan - looks like a savage place! Just far away though..

But bring it on :D

You're going to my local ;) Hopefully you'll enjoy it so :D the smoking room is the place to be! And i dont smoke so :P
    But four hours?! jeez where are ya coming from? :pac:

So the date accepted. Wahayyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Have my dress and date, so just over the half way mark :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Is everyone getting a limo yeah? Our school is not posh or anything but I'm not sure anyone would dare turn up in a bus! :P

Limo is the thing I'm most excited about anyway, should be great craic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

We're all getting the bus together to ours :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Mine is on the 7th of September :P I know who I want to ask but never talk to her anymore and honestly don't know how to contact her..Bar Facebook. Asking by Facebook would be fairly cheap I suppose :/ Grr..What to do! :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

David1994 wrote: »
    Mine is on the 7th of September :P I know who I want to ask but never talk to her anymore and honestly don't know how to contact her..Bar Facebook. Asking by Facebook would be fairly cheap I suppose :/ Grr..What to do! :confused:
    Ask her for coffee and "catch up" over facebook, if that goes well ask her to debs over coffee, sorted! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

David1994 wrote: »

Go to her house right now. Wait outside until she comes out, all night if necessary. To show her how much you care, send her facebook messages every ten minutes, all night. You'll want to say things like
    "I know we've grown distant lately but I've always felt we had a special connection"
    "I don't usually do this kind of thing but I can't bear to be apart from you any longer"
    "PLEASE JUST RESPOND, IT'S BEEN 20 MINUTES"
    "You're talking to other guys, aren't you? This is just like you, I should've known you couldn't be trusted, you slut. I'll never contact you again."
    "please respond, I didn't mean that, I was just hurt and I wasn't thinking, please forgive me"
    "Look, I've been outside your house for the last three days. I just want to talk, please give me a chance. I felt something special between us and I know you felt it too. If you can look me in the eye and tell me you don't have feelings for me I'll never bother you again."
    "Ok, I think maybe you haven't been getting my messages. I'm just going to climb in your window so we can talk. See you soon xxxx"
    "I know I surprised you but I think the shotgun was a slight overreaction. But it doesn't matter, the surgery went well and the doctors say I might walk again. I forgive you. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to ask you in person, and I know facebook isn't the best way to ask this but it's my only option right now. Will you go to the debs with me?"
    "What do you mean "account deactivated"??"

Good man! Delighted for you! :)*

** my smiley face emoticon hides the fact that my heart has been severed into pieces as I was hoping to be asked as your date, dear Zach.. :P

Good man! Delighted for you! :)*

** my smiley face emoticon hides the fact that my heart has been severed into pieces as I was hoping to be asked as your date, dear Zach.. :P

But PF, someone must have been posing as you, as when I serenaded you(or whom I thought to be you) earlier, you cordially accepted. This bodes some strange eruption in this state...

• Advertisement

But PF, someone must have been posing as you, as when I serenaded you(or whom I thought to be you) earlier, you cordially accepted. This bodes some strange eruption in this state...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

tumblr_m76x0iwrUx1qlwivf.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GiveEmHellKid

Mine's Aug 24th but I cannot find a dress anywhere. Anyone know any nice stores in Dublin (I'm going there next week)? I really can't stand anything with bling on it, I just want a plain one. Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Mine's Aug 24th but I cannot find a dress anywhere. Anyone know any nice stores in Dublin (I'm going there next week)? I really can't stand anything with bling on it, I just want a plain one. Ideas?

You should try TK Maxx. I got a 100% silk plain purple dress there for €39 a few days ago and it's so much nicer than loads of the ones that're like €300. Everywhere else I looked (in cork) just had dresses with loads of bling and I don't like that either. And I love that TK Maxx stock my size, most places start at an 8 and that doesn't fit me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GiveEmHellKid

You should try TK Maxx. I got a 100% silk plain purple dress there for €39 a few days ago and it's so much nicer than loads of the ones that're like €300. Everywhere else I looked (in cork) just had dresses with loads of bling and I don't like that either. And I love that TK Maxx stock my size, most places start at an 8 and that doesn't fit me at all.

I tried there both here and in Kilkenny. The one I liked was ripped pretty badly and they had no others. Maybe they'll be a bigger stock in there store in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

I tried there both here and in Kilkenny. The one I liked was ripped pretty badly and they had no others. Maybe they'll be a bigger stock in there store in Dublin :)

You could try Coast, they have a few shops in Dublin.

http://www.coast-stores.com/maxi/range/fcp-category/categorycollection?resetFilters=true

it is really hard to find simple (plain?) dresses :L anyone come across a silver clutch? all the ones i'v found have been attacked by sequins and dimantees :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Try Oxfam on George's Street, I was in there the other day and they actually had some lovely dresses :) They seemed to be old stock donated from a shop rather than second-hand dresses owned by others. I'm not sure if they'll still be there next week, but it's worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i ordered 2 dresses online yesterday :D getting them custom made cos i'm really awkward and had my mind set on a certain style and colour :D i hope they come on time :P

• Advertisement

anyone know any places with a decent range of clutches? (: its surprisingly hard to find nice decent sized ones:O

Advertisement