Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Here are the rules again btw
    Boards Dynasty League
    Rules

1.League Set-up & Playoffs

(a) The league will be hosted on ESPN.com
    (b) The league is made up of 12 teams divided into 2 divisions.
    (c) Teams will play other teams on a head to head basis from week 1 to week 13.
    (d) The two division champions will be placed as #1 and #2 seeds for the purposes of the playoffs.
    (e) The next two best regular season teams will qualify for the playoffs as the #3 and #4 seeds.
    (f) The semi-finals will involve #1 v #4 and #2 v #3 and will be played over weeks 14 and 15.
    (g) The final will be contested between the two semi-final winners and will be held over weeks 16 and 17.

2. Rosters & Lineups
    (a) Teams are allowed a maximum of 30 players on their roster.
    (b) Players are required to start 15 players. These are 1QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Offensive Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 Kicker, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB & 1 Defensive Flex.

3. Rookie Draft
    (a) Each year the rookie draft will be held at the end of July/start of August or at a date agreed by all players.
    (b) The draft will be conducted offline via the thread on Boards.ie dedicated to the Boards Dynasty League.
    (c) Every team will be required to nominate a maximum of 25 keepers in the league site prior to the draft taking place.
    (d) Each team will be allowed 24 hours to make their pick. As a courtesy to other teams each team will be asked to PM the next team to notify them that their pick is up. If a team has not made their pick within the 24 hours they will be awarded the highest ranked rookie available on the ESPN rankings.
    (e) The draft order will be decided by the final standings from the previous year. The league champion will have pick #12. The league runner up will have pick #11. The two losing semi-finalists will have picks #9 and #10 based on their final regular season records. Picks #1 to #8 will be the reverse of the seeds for the consolidation ladder (which is in order of best record to worst record). The consolidation ladder results will not decide any draft order.

4. Waivers
    (a) The league operates a Free Agent Auction system where teams put in blind bids for available free agents and the team with the highest bid will win that player. Any tied bids are decided in favour of the team with the worst record. Waivers will run every morning with the exception of tuesday.
    (b) Each team has a free agent auction budget of $100 for the season. Once that is gone teams will only be able to bid $0 for players.
    (c) Waivers will be closed from the time ESPN allow reactivation of the league until the conclusion of the rookie draft.
    (d) After the end of the season waivers will remain open until ESPN deactivates the league

5. Trades
    (a) Trading is allowed up to week 13. There is a one day trade review period before the trade comes official. 4 votes are required to veto the trade if it is deemed collusion.
    (b) Draft picks are tradeable. If the site does not allow picks to be included in the trade offer then just add a note to the trade indicating which picks are included and the commissioner will manually change the owners of the picks in the relevant draft.

6. Rule Changes
    (a) Any team can propose a rule change to the league. This can only take place during the offseason and will only be passed by a minimum of 7 votes. Votes will be done via poll on the league site and all members will be notified by email of the vote.

7. Inactive Players
    (a) All teams are required to submit valid lineups each week. If, for any reason, a team submits a lineup with inactive players or players with bye weeks, that team will be contacted and if they fail to respond their team will be placed in the hands of the commissioner and they will submit future lineups based on ESPN’s projected rankings. That player will be removed from the league at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Thanks SPongey, rules seem pretty clear on inactives.

In relation to IR, don't really think there's a need for it. 30 man rosters is plenty. Means you have to make a decision if the IR guys are worth keeping. Leaves something in the free agent pool then.
    Am personally carrying two guys who aren't playing this season and don't mind.

If it is to be changed, don't think it should be done during the season and should be put to league vote to make the choice

In relation to IR, don't really think there's a need for it. 30 man rosters is plenty. Means you have to make a decision if the IR guys are worth keeping. Leaves something in the free agent pool then

That's a good point alright. Don't want people able to hoard players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

I think there should b a vote on ir slot.. 1 at seasons end.

I also think that the inactive should b taken over bit think the teams should b back dated to th start of byes. Just sub injured and players on bye each week with whatever team is now as base

I have too much time on my hands and looked at last week's gameweek involving Cutlering the Mustard :o

In Week 9 Cutlering the Mustard lost to UCD Franchise by a score of 108 - 95.

However, if Cutlering the Mustard had been noted as inactive and players started according to projections the outcome would have been different.

Geno Smith would have started in place of Michael Vick (+11). DeAngelo Williams would have started in place of Jonathan Stewart (-1). Either Greg Little or Giovanni Bernard would have started in place of Marques Colston (+13/+21). As a result Cutlering the Mustard would have beaten UCD Franchise by a score of 118/126 - 108.

I think that's correct anyway. Does it mean anything for the league? What about other gameweeks? It was a slow Sunday, I swear! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Ok in line with the rules of the league i have sent Cutlering the Mustard an email to see whats happening. I've given him until Wednesday to respond, if he doesnt i'll take over his team at that stage.

There is nothing in the rules about backdating results so that wont be done. Besides dont we all wish we could go back and retrospectively sub in a player who would never have started but had a huge week.

Any proposed rule changes that are being discussed here will not be introduced until next season. We can discuss them and vote on them after the end of the season.

As for my view on current rule changes being discussed. The idea of dynasty fantasy football is to be closer to real life football than current redraft leagues. That includes having IR, practice squads (dont think its possible on ESPN), extended rosters. Current rosters on NFL teams are 53 where 22 start which is 2.41 roster spots per starter but we have 2 roster spots per starter. There is scope for increasing roster sizes. People want to keep the free agent pool quiet sizable but that goes against dynasty and is more like regular fantasy football. It also devalues the rookie draft to a certain extent as people wont take fliers on potential breakouts as they will get more serviceable players in the free agent pool. I also think that for the current roster size of 30 the rookie draft of 5 rounds is too long. Thats one sixth of our full roster which seems a bit high for me

We'll run a few votes at the end of the season and of course majority rules

Ok i've got no reply from Cutlering the Mustard so in line with the rules of the league i'm going to take over his team. I'll play the best team as per the projections for the offense, i'll play the higher ranked players for defense. I wont make any additions or drops for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Foster going down and Kaep sucking fantasy wise this year has pretty much skewed my season. Still in with a shout but its a faint one. Need to find some free agency gems.

Foster going down and Kaep sucking fantasy wise this year has pretty much skewed my season. Still in with a shout but its a faint one. Need to find some free agency gems.

I'll trade ya smith if u like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

gufc21 wrote: »
    I'll trade ya smith if u like?

Alex Smith is it? I'm good at QB I guess cos Rivers is performing at roughly the same level as Smith.

What's your team name and I'll have a look?

• Advertisement

Alex Smith is it? I'm good at QB I guess cos Rivers is performing at roughly the same level as Smith.

What's your team name and I'll have a look?

Ya alex. .. aille cows

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Ok i've got no reply from Cutlering the Mustard so in line with the rules of the league i'm going to take over his team. I'll play the best team as per the projections for the offense, i'll play the higher ranked players for defense. I wont make any additions or drops for the rest of the season

any chance I can take this team over this / next season ? would love to be part of the dynasty league.

thanks

D3PO wrote: »
    any chance I can take this team over this / next season ? would love to be part of the dynasty league.

thanks

As soon as the regular season ends in two weeks i'll send you an invite to take over that team. PM me your email address

Only one more gameweek to go before the play-offs!

On a separate note, is there any need for divisions?

Don't think league is big enough to need them, doesn't seem to impact the playoffs at all (thankfully for the West teams).

Don't think league is big enough to need them, doesn't seem to impact the playoffs at all (thankfully for the West teams).

i would be pro divisions, there is always a chance one division can outperform the other and thats where luck comes in. Last year i got into playoffs cos i won the division. The top 4 of the other division all had better records than me and if its all one division then i wouldnt have got into playoffs and wouldnt have won :D

Was wondering about this myself alright. I'd probably favor doing away with them and just having us all straight-up top to the bottom. Guess that's another one for post-season talk.

Tristram wrote: »
    Was wondering about this myself alright. I'd probably favor doing away with them and just having us all straight-up top to the bottom. Guess that's another one for post-season talk.

I would be in favour of divisions but have two from each go to playoffs regardless of record.

gufc21 wrote: »
    I would be in favour of divisions but have two from each go to playoffs regardless of record.

Haha, well you would say that being joint second in your division on 6-6, with three teams with better records on the other side.

Doesn't seem much point, especially division teams don't necessarily play each other more often. Can't see any logical reason for it, only reason it's done in real life is to ease travel schedule and tradition

Haha, well you would say that being joint second in your division on 6-6, with three teams with better records on the other side.

Doesn't seem much point, especially division teams don't necessarily play each other more often. Can't see any logical reason for it, only reason it's done in real life is to ease travel schedule and tradition

ya tbh I was hoping I would fall a bit further so that wouldn't be an issue. Would have suggested it even if I got the third spot in other division.

How bout 3 4's with one wild card. If you can work fixtures then play ur div 2 times. Hate the thought of a league structure myself but obv consensus rules

• Advertisement

What i think we will do is have a few polls starting after the final. That way we'll still be here and nobody should have disappeared and i'll also have D3PO in as a new owner too. I'll run the polls through the league site on ESPN and send out emails to remind people of them. We may have a few votes to get through to get the league the way you want it.

I'm proposing that if a suggestion here gets 2 backers then i'll hold a vote for it. I will keep the poll open for a week. I had mentioned in rules i wrote at start of season that we would need 7 votes to pass a rule change. Thats based on all 12 of us voting which im not sure is realistic. How about a minimum of 9 votes in the poll needed and majority wins?

Sounds fair Spongey, good commishing

What i think we will do is have a few polls starting after the final. That way we'll still be here and nobody should have disappeared and i'll also have D3PO in as a new owner too. I'll run the polls through the league site on ESPN and send out emails to remind people of them. We may have a few votes to get through to get the league the way you want it.

I'm proposing that if a suggestion here gets 2 backers then i'll hold a vote for it. I will keep the poll open for a week. I had mentioned in rules i wrote at start of season that we would need 7 votes to pass a rule change. Thats based on all 12 of us voting which im not sure is realistic. How about a minimum of 9 votes in the poll needed and majority wins?

That sounds good alright :)

One thing I'd worry about is lowering the standard for change. We could have a situation whereby only 5 voters would pass a change. I think the current number of 7 is a good one. Honestly I'd really expect everyone to vote on these kind of things. If people don't vote on proposals to change the league I'd question why they are in the league in the first place. Hopefully everyone would be all for following proposed changes and voting. We'd have to vote to change the requirements for voting too :D

Can't believe we're already at this stage. It's flown by and been a lot of fun! :)

Final week starts today before the playoffs

Five teams remain in contention for the title and one of those teams will lose out after this weeks action

Current seedings
    1. Baa Baas - Guaranteed playoff spot and a win will mean #1 seed. A loss and that will allow UCD Franchise & Bear Down to jump above him with wins.
    2. UCD Franchise - Guaranteed playoff spot as East champion and either #1 or #2 seed. A win and a Baa Baas loss will earn him the top seed
    3. Bear Down - A win will secure playoff spot but a loss by Baa Baas means a win will mean Bear Down comes West Champion. A loss and that allows Pillow Fighters & Team 4thandforever to jump above him with wins (if both win they will knock Bear Down out of the playoffs altogether)
    4. Pillow Fighters - Cannot win the division but a win will guarantee a playoff spot as they have a 107 point cushion over Team 4thandforever. A loss and that will allow Team4thandforever to grab that final playoff spot with a win

Final Week fixtures
    Baa Baas v Foxboro Legends
    UCD Franchise v New Ireland Patriots
    Bear Down v Polar Bears
    Pillow Fighters v Aille Cows
    Team 4thandforever v Marshall Mavericks

Lets not forget there is a battle for the No1 pick in the rookie draft as Bedrock Boulders fight Cutlering The Mustard (or whatever D3PO chooses as his new team name) in a loser takes all matchup

Good luck everyone

Bad Thanksgiving start to the gameweek. DeMarco Murray & Dez Bryant building up a lead that's going to be hard for me to make up. Boykin with a goose-egg thanks to the Pack's turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I left rashad Jennings and Justin tucker on the bench! Great start for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I am raging I didn't make an offer for Gordon earlier in the season. didn't want to give up my two first rounders :(

Masked Man wrote: »
    I am raging I didn't make an offer for Gordon earlier in the season. didn't want to give up my two first rounders :(

I think he has surpassed everyone's expectations.

Gufc has blown me out of the water. Relying on other teams to slip up to let me scrape into the playoffs.

An exciting end to the regular season.

Looks like I'll limp into the play-offs in 4th spot thanks to Marshall Maverick's likely victory over team 4thandforever.

It seems Bear Down is going to take the #1 spot away from Baa Baas, which means we will be facing off again for the first time since week 1 when only .5 points separated us. Not particularly optimistic about the prospect of facing the highest scoring team throughout the regular season.

• Advertisement

Assuming no stat changes later in week the playoffs are set as follows

(1) UCD Franchise v (4) Pillow Fighters
    (2) Bear Down v (3) Baa Baas

These are 2 week matchups

The draft order for the other 8 teams are also set
    1. Cutlering the Mustard (D3PO's new team)
    2. Bedrock Boulders
    3. Polar Bears
    4. New Ireland Patriots
    5. Marshall Mavericks
    6. Aille Cows
    7. Foxboro Legends
    8. Team 4thandforever

These dont show any picks traded away last year. Will update the full list at end of season

Advertisement