Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

Masked Man wrote: »
    v3P6Gue.png

This what you guys want?

Cheers man. Well 1 win away from equalling it anyway so an ok start.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Seems like handing over GM duties was a good omen, gone 3-0!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Keeping an eye on the 'Fins Saints game this morning and hoping that Charles Clay does enough to scrape out a win. All my match-ups have been really close, low-scoring affairs so far.

Good man Clay! Have to wait for stat corrections but that might be another tight win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

6 players on a bye and 7 that are out/IR/suspended. Def going 0-5.

• Advertisement

In an unexpectedly impressive feat my bench has outscored my starting team 113.5 points to 106.5!

:

Need to free up a roster spot so nearly everybody on my trading block can be had for a reasonable pick. Not including Garcon, Lee and Ridley. 2 for 1 trade would be ideal as well (pretty much anybody on my roster except Martin, RG3 and Harvin).

I would also be very happy to get rid of Mathews.

Is it possible to ad a player using your phone?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is it possible to ad a player using your phone?

Yes, I use the app on my phone all the time for this league and it's been really great so far. Much better than the NFL app.

Thanks to Padraig for the quick trade with Spiller & Richardson. Hope it works out well for both of us down the road!

BigBadRob83 2014 1st round pick goes to Masked Man
    Tristram 2014 2nd round pick goes to Masked Man
    Gufc21 2014 2nd round pick goes to Masked Man
    Tristram 2014 3rd round pick goes to Gufc21
    padraig_f's 2015 2nd or 3rd round picks goes to Masked Man
    Gufc21 2015 4th round pick goes to Masked Man

Von Miller for a conditional pick. The pick is 2nd round if it's in the bottom half of the draft and 3rd if it's in the top. So if my math is right it's between 2.07 and 3.06.

I assume this type of trade is allowed?

• Advertisement

I would like to have Von Miller on my roster but as you can see I don't have any draft picks to offer in the range your looking. I'm also wary of the risk given Miller's propensity for getting in trouble. One more strike and he is going to miss a year!

I'm such an idiot. Meant to propose that trade to Polar Bears not PF, sorry! I also make that mistake.

I scored a rushing TD! I think that's the first one of the season.

That one went right down to the wire. One point victory with current scores. Have to wait for the stat corrections to see if this one holds up. Exciting times!

Riley Cooper too much to overcome. Good matchup to sweat though.

Looking at my schedule for the remaining four weeks of regular season and not feeling the most optimist. 1-3 wouldn't surprise me.

Query: Is Cutlering the Mustard inactive? I could be wrong - apologies if I am - but I had a quick glance and I can't see any line-up changes all season (lots of playable guys on bench with Bye week players in starting line-up) or roster changes. Can someone have a look and check this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Tristram wrote: »
    Looking at my schedule for the remaining four weeks of regular season and not feeling the most optimist. 1-3 wouldn't surprise me.

Query: Is Cutlering the Mustard inactive? I could be wrong - apologies if I am - but I had a quick glance and I can't see any line-up changes all season (lots of playable guys on bench with Bye week players in starting line-up) or roster changes. Can someone have a look and check this out?

Yeah he hasn't been active since July 25.

Last year he was similar, left a load of empty slots on roster for injuries/byes.

Yeah he hasn't been active since July 25.

Last year he was similar, left a load of empty slots on roster for injuries/byes.

Is it a different owner this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Re the email regarding the inactive owner: does the league manager not take over the team and pick it in accordance with the highest projections? Not sure what to do with the defensive players though!

Tbf I'd be massively pissed if that were to happen this week. Week 10 and he's been inactive since week 1. That's 9 teams who had potential gimmys before I get to face a full strength team. 2 weeks inactivity without notice should have been when this was inacted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Think he should be booted, and commish take over, set lineup based on projections

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Im not going to take over that team. While it is frustrating to have an inactive owner I dont think its fair to the people who have to play him in upcoming weeks when others have gotten to play him with weak teams. My view its the luck of the draw who gets to play him with a weak team. I'll replace him at the end of the season

Sorry if this rambles. Thinking out loud here.
    taidghbaby wrote: »
    Re the email regarding the inactive owner: does the league manager not take over the team and pick it in accordance with the highest projections? Not sure what to do with the defensive players though!

According to the charter that is what is supposed to happen. It's more difficult given our type of league though. Also, with the team being inactive all season the commissioner would have to go back through a lot of games to change line-ups which apart from taking a lot of time and being a massive pain in the arse could change a few results.
    gufc21 wrote: »
    Tbf I'd be massively pissed if that were to happen this week. Week 10 and he's been inactive since week 1. That's 9 teams who had potential gimmys before I get to face a full strength team. 2 weeks inactivity without notice should have been when this was inacted

Absolutely, to be fair it would require going back through all the gameweeks and changing line-ups. Would not be fair if it only affected you and whoever comes after.
    Think he should be booted, and commish take over, set lineup based on projections

Im not going to take over that team. While it is frustrating to have an inactive owner I dont think its fair to the people who have to play him in upcoming weeks when others have gotten to play him with weak teams. My view its the luck of the draw who gets to play him with a weak team. I'll replace him at the end of the season

Bloody inactive making a mess of things. We should have picked up on this earlier in the season and there wouldn't have been a problem.

If we aren't going to follow the charter on this we should probably look at the different options and have a league vote? At least that way everyone gets to chime in. We can try list options below?

a) commissioner takes over
    b) leave things as are
    c) scratch all results with inactive team

Are there more?

a) For a to be fair means a lot of work for Spongey and I'm not sure if it can even be done properly in this type of league.
    b) I don't like this option myself as it means a small handful of teams are getting free wins because of the BYE weeks at the expense of most of the teams in the league.
    c) With this being a twelve team everyone plays Cutlering the Mustard once with Foxboro Legends playing him twice. Changing all results concerning Cutlering the Mustard effects everyone equally except Foxboro Legends. Hmmm...

I don't really know what to do about it but I don't mind leaving him inactive for the rest of the season. Even though it'd be better for me if it was taken over, Feel like my team has earned that #1 pick by being legitimately terrible.

Also can we please increase the roster size to like 35 or something. I'm finding it kinda hard to take chances on guys.

Also can we please increase the roster size to like 35 or something. I'm finding it kinda hard to take chances on guys.

Carrying 3 players on IR and 1 who is indefinitely suspended can't be making it easy alright! ;)

If people are using the general charter for the rules of this league then they are wrong. Those rules apply to the boards divisions being run on nfl.com. All the other leagues have their own setup and rules. To be honest I cant remember the rules I had written at start of season (I'll check when I get home) but if it says the team is to be taken over then thats what I will do.

The argument that if its left as it is then people will get easy wins is not really valid as teams who have played him have gotten easy wins already.

Tristram wrote: »
    Carrying 3 players on IR and 1 who is indefinitely suspended can't be making it easy alright! ;)

I didn't know Martin had been put on IR. Carrying the likes of Harvin, Crabtree and Wheaton hasn't helped either. We should have an IR spot as well btw.

I do agree that IR spots should be available. I couldn't see any options to allow players to be deactivated to IR. Maybe we can create a notional IR in that people are free to drop players that are on IR to free up a roster spot. Any player dropped will not be allowed to be picked up by anyone else and if they are picked up I'll reverse the transaction. Then at the end of the season players can add back their dropped IR players.

I do agree that IR spots should be available. I couldn't see any options to allow players to be deactivated to IR. Maybe we can create a notional IR in that people are free to drop players that are on IR to free up a roster spot. Any player dropped will not be allowed to be picked up by anyone else and if they are picked up I'll reverse the transaction. Then at the end of the season players can add back their dropped IR players.

• Advertisement

The argument that if its left as it is then people will get easy wins is not really valid as teams who have played him have gotten easy wins already.

I guess the reason I personally would see it as unfair is that I actually lost to the inactive team early on in the season. It would have been great to play him on a week when he had a whole load of players on bye in his line-up as some fortunate folk have had :D
    I didn't know Martin had been put on IR. Carrying the likes of Harvin, Crabtree and Wheaton hasn't helped either. We should have an IR spot as well btw.

I think Martin was only put there today. I'd probably be carrying those players too if I had them tbh!

I know it can be done with ESPN leagues but not sure how alright. At http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/content?page=fflrulesrosterscustom2009 it says "During league creation, the league manager will decide if the number of IR slots will be 0-4." Maybe that means we missed the boat? How many players do people think should be able to placed on IR?

Advertisement