Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chael Sonnen Vs Anderson Silva

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watched Silva Sonnen there, how disappointing. WTF was that spinning elbow about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just watched Silva Sonnen there, how disappointing. WTF was that spinning elbow about!
    Very bizzare and he didn't get up after falling, was he dazed before it from a shot, I didn't rewatch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Very bizzare and he didn't get up after falling, was he dazed before it from a shot, I didn't rewatch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya I think he was rocked and threw it hoping for a ko. Fact is silva has way too much power in his strikes.

I knew it was unlikely but really wanted chael to win. No point of a rematch. Anyway and cant see anyone else in mw touching silva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

No point of a rematch.

Oh I'm pretty sure Dana White will see one point in particular. Actually, make that several million points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Chael Sonnen couldnt go berserk for 5 rounds without **** loads of TRT

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Chael Sonnen couldnt go berserk for 5 rounds without **** loads of TRT

Chael was on TRT this time around too, was he not?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭alanrebelsw

Yup...juiced to death

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im actually a bit relieved this event is over. Some load of sh!te talk been spouted since the rematch was announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Well played sonnen. A return seems on the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

MrStuffins wrote: »

Yes but to a maximum of 6-1 ratio, not just inject testosterone all day like before the first fight :D

MrStuffins wrote: »

For his first fight with Silva, Chael was illegally roiding.

The TRT excuse was something he came up with after failing the drug test, there is no evidence he ever even applied for a TUE beforehand. He could have been juiced to the gills his entire training camp for all we know.

For the second fight with Silva he did have a TUE and you have to assume he was taking it responsibly and in smaller dosages.

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Link?.

Link?.

The drug test found that he had taken exogenous testosterone ie an anabolic steroid.

He had no exemption or permission to take it. Therefore he was illegally roiding.

You do know he was suspended?

The drug test found that he had taken exogenous testosterone ie an anabolic steroid.

He had no exemption or permission to take it. Therefore he was illegally roiding.

You do know he was suspended?

Doctor Mellor!!

Paging Doctor Mellor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

iLost wrote: »
    oh btw, the main event was disappointing!
    All hype :rolleyes:

The main event delivered exactly what I was looking for tbh. My only wish would have been Yves allowing it go a little while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Apparently this is what Chael was attempting with the reverse elbow.

I, like other people, initially thought Silva's knee was illegal but on review it's close to being called genius. The fact that he took a chance like that and with such a limited target was mind blowing. The whole vaseline incident before the fight starting was a bit odd though.

Don't know how Forrest got the decision. I'm sure he doesn't either. People shouldn't feel too bad about Forrest acting weird post fight as Tito has done some pretty terrible things himself.

Good to see Maia on the winning end of a fight again. A win over a tough prospect like "Stun Gun2 is just what he needed for his WW debut.

Cody McKenzie should never have been in that ring with Chad Mendes.

Mike Easton has shown himself to be one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Mike Easton is physically gifted no doubt and he's obviously drilled a load of combos and reactive things but he wastes too much energy and becomes predictable with his fidgety jumping around style thing that he does.. plus he was too methodical and chasing too much.. but he got the job done. I just think he could be really great if he'd settle a bit and take diff angles and not set himself up by being the constant aggressor ... you could see your man working him out. Watching that tape would tell you a lot about Easton. Love his mega positive attitude though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement