Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chael Sonnen Vs Anderson Silva

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I can't remember being as excited about any sporting event as
    much as this in a very long time
    I'm dying to see chael do it and I think if he doesn't get subbed again that
    he will
    I don't see silva knocking out sonnen when sonnen took his best
    shots last time where some of those shots would have stopped
    most fighters in the division
    he's never been knocked out and he won't be tonite either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lol!

Even Chael doesn't believe his own words about this!

1) Chael says Silva evaded him for years before they fought....... there's a massive difference between evading and Chael not being in the same class as Silva for those 6 years! (Never mind them not even being in the same promotion).

2) Chael finally got into the UFC.... and Maia made minced-meat of him. Whoops!

3) While Silva was given his chance in the UFC in mid-2006 and smashed Leben to get a shot at the title, Sonnen was also given his chance (just a few weeks previos if i'm not mistaken) and was beat by Jeremy Horn...... Whoops!

4) Unfortunately for Sonnen, he was seen to have broken the rules and was given a suspension, (not to mention a criminal conviction for money-laundering).

5) In the time Sonnen was out, Silva defended his belt TWICE and then signed up to fight Chael.

I don't see the "evasion" TBH?? :confused:

Some people actually believe the ****e (as entertaining as it is) that sonnen comes out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Varied wrote: »
    Some people actually believe the ****e (as entertaining as it is) that sonnen comes out with.

I know! The weirdest part is, I don't think Chael is trying to convince ayone of the stuff! He knows he's doing his WWE thig.

Just look at his "American Gangster" skit! He knows he's taking tehe piss and it's hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Some people on the fight forums seem legitimately too retarded to grasp that Chael is a showman, most of what he says is designed to hit nerves, and he executed it perfectly. But I think most of them are just playing along, they love to have someone to hate, it makes things more interesting.

Shael...ayo break you face! I have a feeling Andy comes out moving like lightning and KOs him in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Would people here be that surprised if Chael hit the ground from a strike and Anderson soccer kicked him in the head?

Things seem to be really boiling over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Would people here be that surprised if Chael hit the ground from a strike and Anderson soccer kicked him in the head?

SHOULD something like that happen and Silva gets DQ'd, what's the score with the belt? Does Sonnen take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nah I can't see that happening. Silva will keep his cool. He knows eventually he will catch Chael and have his opportunity to inflict violence on a half concious Sonnen!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

scudzilla wrote: »
    SHOULD something like that happen and Silva gets DQ'd, what's the score with the belt? Does Sonnen take it?

I don't think so, if WWF is anything to go by :D

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

R.F. wrote: »
    I'm well and truely a Silva fan. Desperate for him to finish him early. But can't say I would not laugh if he toys around with him for 5 rounds like he did with Damien Maia.

Honestly think the 1st fight was just an off night for Anderson.

Toyed with Maia? By the last round Silva was running from him because Maia had clipped him a few times.

Silva got his ass kicked in the first fight and I hope Sonnen finishes him this time.

Sonnen via ground and pound in the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Stephen_King

Wouldnt be surprised if he soccer kicked him to the body, if he gives him one in the head he's asking for trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

5xsiy.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'd be worried about a soccer kick, personally. Them Brazilians with their soccer, are known for having strong kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'd be worried about a soccer kick, personally. Them Brazilians with their soccer, are known for having strong kicks.
    Especially if they come from Rio DAAAYYYY Janeiro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Tryna get to sleep then wake up for this, something tells me I won't get a wink of sleep tonight until this whole things over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

Anyone any idea what time this fight will be kicking off at? Ive got work in the morn. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Around 4.30 by the time they square off. Think the main card starts at 3am?

edit: meant to say 5.30. could be off though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

shano_88 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what time this fight will be kicking off at? Ive got work in the morn. :(

between 5 and 6

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

i normally watch the fights the next day on mma-core.com or allthebestfights.com but zuffa are getting quicker at taking them down.
    Any other good sites like these?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I reckon...

Easton/Menjivar is a finish.
    Mendes/Cody is DEFINITELY a finish, whatever way it goes.
    Kim/Maia goes the distance.
    Le/Cote...distance.
    Griffin/Tito goes the distance.

So yeah, about 5ish. The actual fight will start, after the pre-fight hype, about half 6 in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

leggo wrote: »
    Mendes/Cody is DEFINITELY a finish, whatever way it goes.

Saying that about a fight involving Chad Mendes is a bit of a wild prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

unknown13 wrote: »

Mendes is nearly always a safe bet for a decision.
    But in saying that I have Mckenzie by sub in the fantasy league.

unknown13 wrote: »

I'm judging the whole thing around Cody's guillotine, which I assume is the main thing Mendes is taking into account. So logic is that you don't leave a fight like that to chance if you're a superior all-around fighter...or he gets choked out. Because it's not as if he can rely on continously shooting and taking him down for three rounds, in case he gets caught. Having said that, that's probably exactly what'll happen.

*cough* just saying... :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

This Chael means business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Lame

• Registered Users Posts: 32 iLost

nino1 wrote: »
    i normally watch the fights the next day on mma-core.com or allthebestfights.com but zuffa are getting quicker at taking them down.
    Any other good sites like these?

Forget those low quality streaming sites.
    You need to check out torrent sites.
    I recommend PirateBay, you can find all UFC events! and everything else.
    fast, free and HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 iLost

oh btw, the main event was disappointing!
    All hype :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

I can see this being a ko win for Silva

Should have put some money on it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

It's a bit quiet in here now :D

Advertisement