Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Prison Service Jobs - PASO 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

maydream wrote: »
    ha ha Hopefully!

i cant see the order of merit being sent out for ages, was talking to a girl from ips she said they still havnt received it from public jobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

akelly02 wrote: »
    maydream wrote: »
    ha ha Hopefully!

i cant see the order of merit being sent out for ages, was talking to a girl from ips she said they still havnt received it from public jobs...

I spoke to public jobs yesterday and the lady I spoke to said HOPEFULLY we will have them issued by the end of the week. Have to say I'm not to hopeful about getting it tomorrow, the way things are going it will be next week......or later!

Hmmmm...no order of merit results as of yet anyway :confused:

Same here not in the post anyway. Fingers crossed we get emailed later.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fly.on.the.wall

shawmor wrote: »
    Same here not in the post anyway. Fingers crossed we get emailed later.

Maybe a telephone call to Public Appointment this morning might put everyone straight ?

• Advertisement

this will wreck my bank hol weekend if i dont find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fly.on.the.wall

Just off the telephone to PAS...that's my mind cleared !

got my order of merit results...placed 80-100..which isnt hectic

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ghost.

The order of merit is out. I just got mine by email.

Got mine delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Got mine delighted :)

Congratulations!

Haven't got mine yet but how does this work exactly? How high would you want to finish to have a decent chance of getting a position or does it depend on what prison you applied for?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Got mine as well. Happy with the result!!

so does this essentially mean that say whoever gets no.1 gets first choice of prison and so on??

so does this essentially mean that say whoever gets no.1 gets first choice of prison and so on??
    Yeah as long as their medical and audio is fine aswell.

If you finish in say the top 100 are you pretty much guaranteed a position (not nnecessarily in the prison you applied for ) granted you pass the medical, hearing and fitness tests?

That's what I thought was the case and I hope it is!
    Bit disappointed I'm one number out of my chosen prison and I'm worried everyone before me will have the same picked!!

Bit disappointed I'm one number out of my chosen prison and I'm worried everyone before me will have the same picked!!

How did you find out what number you were for your chosen prison??

V480 wrote: »

How did you find out what number you were for your chosen prison??

My number in order of merit is one number higher than the positions that were allocated to my chosen prison in the PASO FAQ. So that's why I'm hoping at least one of the people ahead of me wants a different prison so I get where I want! Fingers crossed although I rang IPS after got results and he said there should be no problem, I hope so!!!

My number in order of merit is one number higher than the positions that were allocated to my chosen prison in the PASO FAQ. So that's why I'm hoping at least one of the people ahead of me wants a different prison so I get where I want! Fingers crossed although I rang IPS after got results and he said there should be no problem, I hope so!!!

I'd say you should be fine!

I'd say I'm a good bit lower in the order of merit than you and the prison I applied for is only taking a small number of PASO's so I'm hoping for miracles really.

I'd say I'm a good bit lower in the order of merit than you and the prison I applied for is only taking a small number of PASO's so I'm hoping for miracles really.

I just hope I will at least have the option of another prison if my first choice doesn't come about.

I hope so, but I think the prison I applied for is going to be popular choice for most :( so I'm hoping a couple will not have picked it!!

I think it goes by merit and when they come to your number you will have a choice of what positions in various locations are left. I could be wrong but that's what I would expect the whole purpose of the order of merit.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah the man I was talking to in IPS said they wouldn't be letting people know for a couple of weeks and they hoped training to start in early September. Just thought I'd share with you all :)

casher123 wrote: »

I just hope I will at least have the option of another prison if my first choice doesn't come about.

I hope so, but I think the prison I applied for is going to be popular choice for most :( so I'm hoping a couple will not have picked it!!

I think it goes by merit and when they come to your number you will have a choice of what positions in various locations are left. I could be wrong but that's what I would expect the whole purpose of the order of merit.

How does that work I got 47 on the panel and I'm looking for portlaoise what are the chances can anyone me?

I would expect it to go that whoever got no.1 gets first choice then it goes to 2cnd place and so on.
    Could be wrong but that's what I'd of thought the whole point of the order of merit is for?

Apparently only 97 successfully passed the application stage. So they are actually short of numbers it seems.

How did you find that out?

Apparently only 97 successfully passed the application stage. So they are actually short of numbers it seems.

only 97 passed the interview?

only 97 passed the interview?
    There were 97 'successful applicants'...so presumably the rest failed the interview or didn't meet the eligability criteria. Not sure if they have discounted those who failed the medical/hearing test either? With the fitness test to come also the 'order of merit' could yet change a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Mod Note - Folks , it's only fair to warn those of you that have posted your merit numbers that you are making yourselves readily identifiable to the Prison Service.
    You may wish to edit your posts accordingly and say something like '' I got between 30 and 50 '' ?

Your own decision of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Warden13

Rawhead wrote: »
    kiersm wrote: »
    I understand you need a certain level of fitness as you're working in a prison but I'm not too sure bout what they're expecting. In all honesty we're office staff not prison officers!!

And here in lies the problem. It's the same with the nurses, fooking worse than useless, they never have and never will consider themselves PO's.
    The medics where always PO's first and medics second, same with the clerks.

A nurse officer walked by a PO rolling in the yard with a dirtbird and just continued up to the hub to another officer and said "your colleague is in trouble below" then walked on to his lunch. This happened in the medical unit and I know the officers involved.

These new grades are yellow packs by another name and they will be in control rooms, key rooms, waiting rooms etc within a year. All the non confrontational posts. No offence to these folks but they are not and never will be PO's but management will treat them as such.
    Raw head only after reading some of your comments your a legend tell them how it is

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Warden13 wrote: »
    Raw head only after reading some of your comments your a legend tell them how it is
    Am laughing here at some of the posts , God help you NEW people coming into the Prison service you havent a clue. You do realise the reason that you need to be trained in CandR is because you will now be dealing with the sc*M of the earth, You wont be dealing with nice mannerly law abiding people you know , Often the alarm has gone off in the office area when the lag hasnt got his tr or things just havent gone his way and he has jumped the counter to beat the sh*t out of the officer behind the desk , I hope that you realise that you will need to work alongside officers after all they are the ones that will come to YOUR defence should the **** hit the fan,The dept has long time tried to break the union and it seems it has suceeded as they managed to divide staff . If the new guys coming in are represented by the POA they should remember this when working with PO , expect resentment though change is not excepted easlily as we all worry whats next to come , OH and you must remember too you will be trained as PO because should an alarm go off YOU WILL be expected to close the office and help out man posts on the floor ;);););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Judymayo

, OH and you must remember too you will be trained as PO because should an alarm go off YOU WILL be expected to close the office and help out man posts on the floor ;);););)[/Quote
    Thanks to all po's for your advice and opinions. However us potential newbies can only judge and decide on the job that was advertised. It was made quite clear that some of us may never deal with a prisoner while others may have to fingerprint and photograph. Admin being our function. We are serving co's Not necessarily desperate for a job,any job so ips misleading us with false advertising will be counter productive leading to mass exodus and a waste of time on both sides. I am sure all who join as paso 111 will keep copies of all circulars and the FAQ sheet which is a world removed from some of the posts here. I hope I am wrong but def sense resentment to the new grade

Advertisement