Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

International Handicap

2pts each way Lightning Cloud 14/1 Ladbrokes 1/4 1,2,3,4

Loves Ascot, best distance is 7f and will appreciate the soft ground and the highly likely fast pace. Over c&d in the Victoria cup, he ran a great race to finish 5th after his draw was a huge disadvantage he came well clear on the centre to near side and I think would have won with a good draw. Another eye-catching display in the Wokingham, staying on well over too short a trip just being beaten 3 lengths by Dandy Boy and Hawkeyethenoo. Those two have contested a Group 1 since then but Lightning Cloud has been dropped 1lb to contest a class 2 handicap.

3pts win Fire Ship 2.45 Ascot 15/2 Generally
    Looks to be improving for every race with William Knight this season and has put in some really good consistent performances. Lost in a photo finish lto in a race similar to this at Newmarket so has every chance on that form. Buick takes over in the saddle is a big bonus.

1pt each way Set the Trend 3.20 Ascot 22/1 Stan James
    I have to oppose Carlton House here. He's only 5lbs clear on ratings, has a poor draw, step down to a mile won't help and the ground is softer than ideal so anyone taking odds on is mad. David O'Meara has a great record with his horses' runs after a break so St the Trend should be fit enough here, he's won on his only run at Ascot and is very versatile with the ground and race conditions.

2.5pts each way Pastoral Player 3.20 Ascot 12/1 BlueSq 1/4 1,2,3
    I think he could improve for the step up to a mile as both of his latest wins he has taken up the running in the final furlong and stayed on really strongly all the way to the line. He goes well at Ascot and is worth a max bet with such a ridiculous favourite.

3.55 Ascot:

I'm pretty happy having backed Lightning Cloud earlier this week and the bet is well ahead of the market, but with 29 runners and many firms paying 5 places, I think there are a few more worth having on side too.

1pt each way Excellent Guest 14/1 generally
    Seems to be improving with every race, acts well at Ascot and this trip looks ideal. Drying conditions and Dettori in the saddle big advantages.

1pt each way Van Ellis 18/1 Bet365
    Strongly run stiff 7 furlongs looks his optimum, acts well at the course and is 2lb well in at the weights.

2.5pts each way Mic Milano 8.50 Ballinrobe 4/1 Ladbrokes

This one is fav in my book. Think the top two are only ahead of it because of the jockeys. He'll be best suited by the ground and should go very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

someone told me joey O'Brien screwed up in a race Saturday or Sunday does anyone know what race I've looked but can't find it?

• Advertisement

2pts win Green to Gold 2.20 15/8 sportingbet, BlueSq

Looks very well handicapped after his runaway success on the flat recently and should go close here.

1pt each way Apache Gold 8.30 Naas 8/1 generally

His form when winning at Gowran last month looks really impressive. Given a bad ride lto in my opinion but with better jockey back onboard tonight, looks a good price.

Headspace wrote: »
    someone told me joey O'Brien screwed up in a race Saturday or Sunday does anyone know what race I've looked but can't find it?
    King George on Saturday, riding St Nicholas Abbey.

Imo it wasn't his fault, horse was outpaced and beaten by better horses. Though he has had some terrible rides this season and is no where near top ten jockeys imo.

2.5pts each way Fratellino 2.55 Ascot 11/1 Sportingbet, Hills

Will really appreciate the return of some fast ground, 5 furlongs is his trip and he loves Ascot - ran his best two races on fast ground at Ascot.

2pts each way Misplaced Fortune 3.45 York 16/1 generally
    Improving all the time and has been in some form the last few months. Form of her Ripon win has worked out really well and she should be up with the favs in my book.

2pts each way El Viento 3.45 York 12/1 generally
    This fella is fav my book, he's be unlucky in 2 of his last 3 runs, yard is in great form and he's been edging doen the handicap - just 1lb higher than last winning mark.

• Advertisement

Time to throw some darts at Goodwood!

1pt each way Las Verglas Star 2.00 13/2 PP, BlueSq

Track, trip, ground all in favour and is weighted to go very close here.

Quickies!

2pts each way Cai Shen 2.00 Goodwood 8/1 Stan James

2pts each way Kings Gambit 2.00 28/1 Boyles

2pts Majestic Myles 3.10 Goodwood 8/1 generally

2pts each way on all below at Goodwood:

Cape Express 2.00 13/2 BlueSq

Gordonsville 2.00 16/1 Bet365

Handsome Man 3.45 9/1 Powers

Trader Jack 3.45 18/1 Bet365

2pts win on the below at Goodwood:

Trumpet major 2.35 13/2 generally
    Stipulate 2.35 7/1

Pabusar 3.45 14/1 Stan James

And 2pts each way on the below:

Fulbright 3.10 8/1 Sportingbet
    Xilerator 3.10 22/1 Stan James

3pts win, 2pts place Excellen Guest 3.10 Goodwood 11/1 Boyles, VC

Ran better than result lto at Ascot and has the perfect draw here. Expect him to lead most or all of the way and will be very hard to pass.

2.5pts each way Extraterrestrial 3.35 Thirsk 22/1 Bet365, VC, Hills
    Given his great record at this course, I'd have at no more than 7/2 to place. Big value.

1pt each way Izzi Top 3.15 Goodwood 7/4 generally
    Has won 4 Group races on the bounce since last year's Oaks. Clearly sets the standard and will be hard to beat.

2.5pts each way Jarrow 2.05 Goodwood 15/1 Sportingbet
    Rated 90 for Mark Johnston as a 3yo until slowly edging down but since joining Dandy Nicholls has been progressing nicely, and I think could well reach the 90 mark again.2.5pts each way Tax Free 2.05 Goodwood 12/1 Sportingbet
    I'm also backing another of Nicholls, he was 2nd in this last year off 2lb higher and has been running so cinsistently that getting 3/1 to place here is huge.

2.5pts each way Jamesie 3.55 Goodwood 12/1 Bet365 (5 places)
    Always have to respect Marnane sending over a sprinter from Ireland and possibly worth noting it's been tipped by Tom Segal who's said the stable he's closest to is Marnane's.

2.5pts each way Waffle 3.55 Goodwood 12/1 Ladbrokes (6 places)
    His last 2 runs, in a big handicap at York and the Wokingham at Ascot, have been right up there with his best. Looks a positive that Fran Berry remains in the saddle today. Looks nailed on for top 6.

2pts each way Macs Power 3.55 Goodwood 12/1 Bet365 (5 places)
    2lbs well in here after running a great race at Ascot 2 weeks ago, just being beaten a neck by Shropshire. Now 6lbs better off with that rival and is more proven in these bigger field handicaps. Ryan Moore back in the saddle for the 2nd time after that great run at Ascot and James Franshawes horses are in great form.

• Advertisement

5pts Uriah Heep 4.45 Newmarket 5/4 Coral
    Returning from a break after being gelded with plenty of market support, should go off odds on.

And a few quickies:

2pts Taajub 2.05 Ascot 7/1 Sportingbet

2pts Star Commander 3.15 Ascot 8/1 Stan James

2pts Highland Colori 3.00 Newmarket 9/2 Coral

1pt Famous Name 2.50 Curragh 5/4 Powers
    Just looking to be against Born to Sea here, he hasn't won since his debut and is priced up on his form with Camelot who is the most over-rated horse in training.

One for today:

1pt Cockney Fire 4.00 Bath 13/2 Powers

2.5pts each way Grissom 3.30 Ripon 28/1 Ladbrokes
    Very eye-catching in the Stewards Cup when getting blocked a few times when in with a great shout, this coming after his brilliant Scottish Stewards Cup win off a mark of 90. He's only 3lbs higher here than last win and is way overpriced here.

2.5pts each way Lexi's Hero 3.30 Ripon 14/1 Ladbrokes
    Handicap mark, draw, front-running style, ground and trip all suit here and I think he can dominate from the front (where you need to be for these big-field handicaps.

2.5pts each way Fast Shot 2.20 Ripon 16/1 Coral, VC
    The rain has really improved this fella's chances, good run over course and distance lto and a repeat or improvement on that will give him every chance.

2pts Commend 4.55 Newbury 2/1 Coral
    2 good seconds before nice win lto, is improving all the time and should have more improvwement to come after being gelded. Good mark.

1pt Color Shades 2.05 Doncaster 8/1 Stan James
    Galileo filly who made a promising debut when not given a hard ride at Newbury lto, step up to a mile should of course bring improvement and give her every chance.

1pt Bajan Bear 3.15 Doncaster 11/2 Betfred, Totesport
    Solid progressive form last season including good win over course and distance. Solid fav in my book.

• Advertisement

2.5pts each way Mont Ras 3.50 Doncaster 13/2 Bet365
    Been waiting for this fella to drop to 7 furlongs, very solid form last season and returned with an excellent 3rd in the Spring Mile. Good 3rd lto at Thirsk after a break and should be primed for this run with the drop in trip to suit.

Advertisement