Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut styles

Options
  • 22-06-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Lads,

I need advice. I have never had a definitive style to my hair. I now require one as boredof not knowing how to wear it in the morn/going out etc. It is always medium lenght. I want to wear it up if ya get me as I sometimes wear it combed down and flat and it looks lame.

So I was thinking of gettting a consultation in Dublin and then getting it cut/styled.

Can anyone recomend such a place that you have visited and were happy with. Somewhere that will take all variables such as face shape, skin tone, height etc into consideration before coming up with a solution?

Any and all help appreciated.Oh and somewhere not too expensive!!

cheers

frAg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A mullet would look great on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

never again...:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

awec wrote: »
    I'm sure somewhere like Peter Mark would do this, not sure on price though but I imagine it'd be worth it.
    Go to a hairdresser/barber and ask them for advice or how you could mix it up - if you're like me and you'd be nervous asking with people waiting - book an early appointment where you can speak somewhat freely - any barber worth their salt should be able to recommend a style for you - and if you have an idea yourself bring in a photo or picture of a certain style that you would like to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Go to Peter Mark myself and I must say they are very professional always sit you down and go through the style you want offer and advise you on what would look best,also OP if you have any style in mind just bring a picture I find this works best,
    and they're not too expensive ,23 euro costs me but that's including a wash,condition and a serum she put's on it to make it less frizzy.

Anyways good luck OP :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Festy wrote: »
    Go to Peter Mark myself and I must say they are very professional always sit you down and go through the style you want offer and advise you on what would look best,also OP if you have any style in mind just bring a picture I find this works best,
    and they're not too expensive ,23 euro costs me but that's including a wash,condition and a serum she put's on it to make it less frizzy.

Anyways good luck OP :)

€23 is way too expensive for a haircut. What is special about their cut that gives them reason to charge so much? Sure you can wash your hair at home. You don't need to go to hairdressing college to learn how to do that.

You could probably go there for a once off, just to see what they say. If you like it then take a picture of the cut and try to write down a few specifics about it. Then find another, cheaper shop for your next cut and bring in the picture and tell them what you want done to it. No need to spend more than a tenner on it all.

€23 is way too expensive for a haircut. What is special about their cut that gives them reason to charge so much? Sure you can wash your hair at home. You don't need to go to hairdressing college to learn how to do that.

You could probably go there for a once off, just to see what they say. If you like it then take a picture of the cut and try to write down a few specifics about it. Then find another, cheaper shop for your next cut and bring in the picture and tell them what you want done to it. No need to spend more than a tenner on it all.

The girl who cuts my hair is one of the senior stylists.That explains the price.

Anyways I have long hair you see,also it's much easier to cut a persons hair when it's damp. I only get it cut every 2 and half months or so I don't mind forking out the cash,they always do a good job.Money well spent.

There is a difference between a 23 euro haircut and a 10 euro haircut. It's a better cut.

Exactly and they always take there time unlike the barbers I used to go to years ago it's all about getting you out the door asap.:mad:

• Advertisement

Well as I was in a bit of a hurry I wenmt to my usual place. However I will check out peter mark next month as I guess I better get a bit of lenght back into the hair.

Which Peter Mark would you recommend in Dublin?

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Is this a male or female haircut we are referring to.
    I get a great cut for 8 quid no more than that I would spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

I would just go for a top stylist in Toni and guy. You might pay more for the stylist but at least you know you'll get a good cut and you'll be able to explain it better to another (cheaper) hair stylist next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

STYLIST!?! Are ye fecking kidding me lads? Are ye men or what?

Buzzcut every 2 weeks whether I need it or not, my face stubble is often longer than my head stubble

MajorMax wrote: »

Buzzcut every 2 weeks whether I need it or not, my face stubble is often longer than my head stubble

its possible that not EVERYONE wants a buzzcut

Why would guys need a stylist,what happened to the day when our heroes were the likes of Characters portrayed by Clint Eastwood,Robert Mitchum and John Wayne not some ponce of x factor or Justin beiber.

Sappa wrote: »
    Why would guys need a stylist,what happened to the day when our heroes were the likes of Characters portrayed by Clint Eastwood,Robert Mitchum and John Wayne not some ponce of x factor or Justin beiber.
    :confused:

Yea, I'm sure Clint Eastwood goes for the 8 euro barber cut, right enough. :rolleyes:
    He probably gets it cut by his missis as he's too cool to visit a salon.
    Seriously though no wonder these shops have such big windows 23 euro for a male haircut it's laughable.

:confused:

Yea, I'm sure Clint Eastwood goes for the 8 euro barber cut, right enough. :rolleyes:

ah ha ha! well said:D

• Advertisement

MajorMax wrote: »

Does the prison barber not do any other styles??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Seriously though no wonder these shops have such big windows 23 euro for a male haircut it's laughable.

What exactly is the difference between a male haircut and a female haircut?

If you want to get your hair styled then you have to pay for and tbh as with everything in life you get what you pay for.

What's wrong with a guy paying 23 euro for a haircut? If he wants a fancier cut he's entitled to it. Each to their own.

Your insecurity about being "too cool" to visit a salon speaks more about you than anyone who does go.
    Everything is wrong with a guy paying 23 euro for a haircut when you can get a perfectly good haircut for under a tenner,fools and their money are easily parted I guess.
    I go to a salon or a barber whatever is cheaper,where I draw the line is being a male and following a celebrity trend for my haircut followed by a list of products added to my hair all of which are not needed.
    I don't buy into this nonsense and get a kick out of suckers paying over the top for a haircut and thinking they are getting a better one because the salon has nice flowers at reception and the stylists use a lot of buzz words to dazzle their clients and make them feel special for 30 mins,if that's what you need from a haircut then I believe your the one carrying the torch of insecurity.

@ Sappa - You obviously didnt read the OP. What I said in it was I was looking for a style to suit me, not this seasons latest trend. If that happens to be a buzz cut then so be it. If it is a short back and sides then great but its for me and nothing to do with insecurity. I wont be changing it next yr because some celeb has a new style.

Like you said yourself I would not pay 23 euro for a haircut but I would for a consultation and a hairstlye.

Everything is wrong with a guy paying 23 euro for a haircut when you can get a perfectly good haircut for under a tenner,fools and their money are easily parted I guess.
    I go to a salon or a barber whatever is cheaper,where I draw the line is being a male and following a celebrity trend for my haircut followed by a list of products added to my hair all of which are not needed.
    I don't buy into this nonsense and get a kick out of suckers paying over the top for a haircut and thinking they are getting a better one because the salon has nice flowers at reception and the stylists use a lot of buzz words to dazzle their clients and make them feel special for 30 mins,if that's what you need from a haircut then I believe your the one carrying the torch of insecurity.

Following on from this though it's okay for a woman to spend 23 euro on a haircut? What's the difference?

What products are you talking and why are they not needed? And who says that anyone who pays good money is following a celebrity trend? Perhaps they pay the extra money so that they can get a haircut that suits them uniquely?

And OP, I've used Grafton Barbers before and was very happy with them. I've also heard good reports of the barbers at junction of dame lane and trinity street but I can't remember the name.

If you genuinely think that there is no difference between a 10 euro haircut or whatever you pay and a 23 euro one then I can only guess that you've never actually paid 23 euro for one to be able to see the difference.

It's nothing to do with flowers at reception or buzzwords.

It's a better cut. If people are happy to pay for a better cut, who are you to judge? :)
    It's a 13 euro difference,as I said I can't but laugh that people still buy into the fact that because your paying more you must be getting a better cut.
    Not true at all but if your happy to keep paying over tge odds for your haircut then keep on doing it,I have some magic beans on sale too if your interested.

• Advertisement

It's a 13 euro difference,as I said I can't but laugh that people still buy into the fact that because your paying more you must be getting a better cut.
    Not true at all but if your happy to keep paying over tge odds for your haircut then keep on doing it,I have some magic beans on sale too if your interested.

No it's not true that by paying 23 euro you get a better cut. However often times a better cut will cost more. 23 euro isn't even that much. You must have a heart attack when you see a wash cut and blowdry for 50+

By your logic why buy a Merc with all the extras when you can get a Panda for 10 grand. Both get you from A to B, right?

Advertisement