Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I have two accounts with UB - a savings and a current account. Out of curiosity I just used the anytime service to transfer the princely sum of 5 euro from my savings to my current - just as a test.

It worked, the balance updated and reflects the transfer.

My UPC direct debit, which was due on thursday, has not gone through. But it's encouraging to know that I can gain access to my savings at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

mel.b wrote: »
    people who bank with non-UB would receive their pay on Sat and UB people on Monday........ So we'll see if it's there tomorrow morning (wheres the cross fingers icon?)

Im waiting as well but i think everyone was initially told that it would be sorted by tomorrow (Monday) but from this morning UB are saying it will take longer, into the middle of the week :(

But as you say fingers crossed

If it does run into the middle of the week does anyone know will that effect next Thursdays pay because they said the problem is sorted its just the backlog that is taking so long, does this mean their systems are running properly again for next week but they are just having trouble updating peoples accounts? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I have two accounts with UB - a savings and a current account. Out of curiosity I just used the anytime service to transfer the princely sum of 5 euro from my savings to my current - just as a test.

My UPC direct debit, which was due on thursday, has not gone through. But it's encouraging to know that I can gain access to my savings at the very least.

Did the same myself yesterday, first transfer was for €1, then a higher transaction after I saw that worked. In theory it should work too as it's only transferring money which has already cleared and we're not going back into the clearing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

I tried the same thing on Friday evening. Transferred €220 out of my savings 20 times (in ocd style frustration). Now have €4400 in my current account. Can't rectify it but can now use my visa debit card. At least that's the deposit for the wedding reception covered!! Have checked my account relentlessly now and still no change!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Id love to change banks, but with a current account, savings account, two business accounts and one for me 15 yo!

Sounds like too much hard work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I've been able to transfer money between accounts all week, the only thing I've had trouble with is going in to view individual statements for each account. That seems to be all sorted now though.

Has anyone had any money successfully transferred into their Ulster Bank account from another bank yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Try being on a holiday down the country with three small kids and an ulster bank debit card, have not received my wages, it's raining too I might add. Now they are saying it will take a few days, only so much you can do with nothing. ! Jeezo, if I have to play another game of Snap or let's share a sandwich I might go slightly crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

The_fever wrote: »
    Try being on a holiday down the country with three small kids and an ulster bank debit card, have not received my wages, it's raining too I might add. Now they are saying it will take a few days, only so much you can do with nothing. ! Jeezo, if I have to play another game of Snap or let's share a sandwich I might go slightly crazy.

yeah thats the real killer UB have said they will refund costs of late fees etc.

But what if you hadnt any dd going out, but still needed cash and werent able to get to a branch whether you be abroad or for whatever other reason, what will they do for these customers

The_fever wrote: »
    Jeezo, if I have to play another game of Snap or let's share a sandwich I might go slightly crazy.

Thats a bad beat sorry to hear that, hopefully its sorted sooner rather than later for you, dont think UB will cover the costs of any psychiatric treatment needed so hang in there, dont snap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sunmoongirl

Hi just joined so I could give people my info, work for HSE, bank with BOI, haven't been paid yet. A friend at work got her wages yesterday she's not BOI or UB. Don't know what way they are processing the payments. Hope they get this sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

waster81 wrote: »
    yeah thats the real killer UB have said they will refund costs of late fees etc.

But what if you hadnt any dd going out, but still needed cash and werent able to get to a branch whether you be abroad or for whatever other reason, what will they do for these customers
    Or the ones who were forced to leave shopping behind or could not pay for petrol.
    No mention of compensation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kearney13

Or the ones who were forced to leave shopping behind or could not pay for petrol.
    No mention of compensation there.

I filled up with 60 euros worth.... thats when I found out my wages didn't come in, no cash on me, 30 miles away from home..... worst experience of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Aye I can confirm that also although my lodgement and direct debits are not reflecting on the system as of yet.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0624/ulster-bank-payment.html

End of the week :mad:

"CEO of RBS's corporate banking division including Ulster Bank Chris Sullivan has said that they are not exactly sure how fast the backlog will be cleared."

So UB havent a notion when it'll be sorted out!! Drip feeding people information since Thursday saying 'oh tomorrow,tomorrow,tomorrow'...now its end of the week!!
    Piss off!!! I want my wages and you can close my account while your at it!!

Havent heard of one person who has had their account sorted, they said its fixed but surely after a whole weekend of man-hours they have to be getting through a large chunk of accounts? but still not hearing of it?

So this weeks wages will be ok? But i might have to wait until Friday for last weeks, am i right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

End of the week ????????

Thats outrageous !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lead story on the telegraph Monday, their story says 48 hours but then this seems to be a moveable deadline.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/banking/9352947/Fury-as-NatWest-bank-glitch-drags-on.html

This is interesting from a reader
    Ok, can you confirm that the original problem was a failed update to your batch job scheduling software CA-7, and that this update resulted in the loss of your overnight job schedule?

This being so, can you explain how this was not immediately noticed and backed-out? Your core financial reconciliations are run overnight via thousands of mainframe batch jobs. These rely on CA-7 to be run in the correct order and used, at least, to be carefully monitored and checked.
    A change to an important component of the integrity of your core financial systems should have, at the very least, been carefully monitored, and back-out and restore procedures put in place and immediately available. If this was not done and resorted to, what are the reasons for this, and how are problems escalated?

The loss of an overnight batch mainframe run implies that you no longer have an accurate account balance for your customers. This has now been the case for more than 4 days. This is an operational failure on a catastrophic (and unprecedented) scale. Is this a consequence of replacing UK employees with many years experience of your mainframe systems with comparatively inexperienced employees off-shore?

RBS has had mature (read old) but nonetheless robust and reliable IT operations for many years. How come now that what should have been an easily detected and fixed problem has turned into a major problem for millions of customers?

mike65 wrote: »

It says in this articale "The bank admitted yesterday that it was only three quarters of the way through clearing the backlog and that while it hoped things would largely return to normal by today, the problems were likely to persist."

Three quarters is actually a fair amount if you ask me, but as i said before i havent heard of anyone who's account is sorted which is strange.

MATHS QUESTION:
    If it takes 4 days -Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get 3/4's done how can it take another 4 days to do the remaining 1/4???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Woohoo...my pay has finally arrived :) NIB account, Employer with Ulster bank (HSE)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

waster81 wrote: »
    As a gesture of goodwill the bank should give everyone the ufirst account benefits for a year ( normally costs €10 a month )

I'll be happy as long as they don't start charging for current accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KittyG

Hibernicis wrote: »
    The €500 which I took from my UB c/a this morning via a BOI ATM showed up instantly on the anytime online display. The salary which was due in my a/c on Friday is stil AWOL.

This is getting on my nerves. UB haven't missed a single payment that I've made out of my account since this debacle started; my balance has clearly shown all transactions...other than my wages going in. Very suspicious.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

If this drags on for a few more days, people who are paid monthly will be pulled into it (their salaries should be processed on Thursday night).

My employer's with UB and token access to €500 won't cut it...what should I do pre Thursday / Friday - Plan to be paid nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

........and anytime goes off again for the night. :rolleyes:

If I bring in my wage slip tomorrow, will they lodge the full amount to my UB account or is it a max of €500?

Has any UB customer due to be paid their wages towards the end of last week received them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

System down again tried app, online banking and phone bank all unavailable lets hope it down to update the balances of All accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

........and anytime goes off again for the night. :rolleyes:

If I bring in my wage slip tomorrow, will they lodge the full amount to my UB account or is it a max of €500?

Has any UB customer due to be paid their wages towards the end of last week received them yet?

I lodged money to my UB account on Wednesday and ive still not had it credited to my account so there is no guarantee that it will go though straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

vickers209 wrote: »
    System down again tried app, online banking and phone bank all unavailable lets hope it down to update the balances of All accounts.

Seriously?! if the system is down again and there's no resolution this is going to be the end of the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Back up there now, alas Wednesday nights wages have STILL not been credited.
    It is actually unbelievable that this has been allowed to drag on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

What I'm wondering is how long more this must go on before the British PM and our own dear leader stick their heads above the trenches? They have both been a little too quiet on what is a very serious matter.

In fact tv news media as a whole has been oddly muted about this as well. This is a big deal and it's not getting the coverage that it should. I just watched sky news and RBS is well down the pecking order of headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I get paid by the month, wages was due in today and NOTHING. What the f#¥k is going on, they said the system is fixed and there just sorting the backlog out ??? All lies, they would want to start being honest with people here .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

all my dd's come out around 20-23rd of every month, only ones showing on my statement are up to 20th june

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement