Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Just heard about a fella who booked tickets to Australia last night. He was saving up for a while and is unemployed. Withdrew 16,000 from 32 different cash machines from his ulster bank account!!

rameire wrote: »
    do the 8 up the north not count, seen as they say 20 ACROSS IRELAND.

Yea that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

Does anyone know is it just money that was lodged that isnt up to date? As in since it is updating when i take out money does that mean that if I add my wages to the 4.27 left in my account will that be what I have. OR is there a possibility it will be less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carssou

I really think that the issue is fixed and they are dealing with a huge backlog but my main concern is as outlined before the lack of communication. The message on the home page is the same that the last posted yesterday! They just changed the date and time...

I thought that it was something typically French but it's the same here, there is nothing IMO worse than having no real updates.

I even don't know if I have to contact my ISP who is due to get his money tomorrow by DD as withdraws at ATM are showing within seconds on my balance.

Pathetic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Just heard about a fella who booked tickets to Australia last night. He was saving up for a while and is unemployed. Withdrew 16,000 from 32 different cash machines from his ulster bank account!!

If that's true I hope he gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My wages were due on Friday but came Saturday (with a date of Friday). Only showing the account summary when I log into online banking. If I click into 'View Full Statement' it shows the balance without the wages.

AltAccount wrote: »
    If that's true I hope he gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Its hard to see how they can deal with this. Basically its the same as not paying back an overdraft in time. I can't see them being able to get back that money unless he returns to Ireland permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

How come when you're late with a payment, a/c overdrawn etc. you are charged for late payments etc. why dosen't it work the other way! Why aren't banks made by the financial regulator conpensate the people affected when the problem is rectified?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Its hard to see how they can deal with this. Basically its the same as not paying back an overdraft in time. I can't see them being able to get back that money unless he returns to Ireland permanently.

Jus because he's leaving the country doesn't mean it's not basic theft.

If this affects branch managers' confidence to provide €500 cash to people who say (but can't yet prove) that they have money lost in limbo, or if chasing him and his ilk distracts from sorting out the situation for everyone else, then he's doing nobody any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

From rte news looks like another while before i get paid
    Ulster Bank has said that the original deadline of tomorrow for the restoration of normal service will not be met.

The bank has said it has fixed the original technical issue but that it is having difficulties clearing the backlog in unprocessed transactions.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0624/ulster-bank-payment.html

Not Happy:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    How come when you're late with a payment, a/c overdrawn etc. you are charged for late payments etc. why dosen't it work the other way! Why aren't banks made by the financial regulator conpensate the people affected when the problem is rectified?

That would be nice lol able to send the bank a letter stating they owe me money for unpaid wages fees hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭Tow

banjacksed wrote: »
    Im a bit confused to why the HSE payments are going through UB and not aib or boi, also social welfare payments going through UB.

Mary Harney changed the to the UB shortly before FF lost power, as part of her cost cutting plan.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

As a gesture of goodwill the bank should give everyone the ufirst account benefits for a year ( normally costs €10 a month )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Tow wrote: »
    banjacksed wrote: »
    Im a bit confused to why the HSE payments are going through UB and not aib or boi, also social welfare payments going through UB.

Mary Harney changed the to the UB shortly before FF lost power, as part of her cost cutting plan.

I don't really think that's an issue. The HSE shopped around. That's a good thing!

They weren't to know that Ulster Bank didn't know how to use computers! None of its customers were expecting this fiasco!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

Has anyone who was due social welfare on thursday seen any money hit their account yet? And anyone who has received their wages, albeit late, are they UB customers or is it the employer thats UB and they bank elsewhere? why are some things held up more than others i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

My wife gets paid by department of education into ulster bank and her wages havent shown up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

RE:GismoBaby....

My nephew who is on a fas course has yet to see any money arrive in his UB account. While my sister who gets paid by her employer into her BOI account via Ulster got her money Friday.

So anyone with a UB account is still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eoinglancy

End of next week according to rte 6 o clock news

Any longer than that and you'll begin to see a major crisis of confidence in the modern banking system and it's ability to act as a custodian of people's money. And it will go beyond just RBS owned banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I'd imagine while "end of next week" is being stated you'll find most accounts are sorted by then. Hopefully they're just giving worst case scenario for final few accounts.

They should have done like scotty from star trek in the first place. Over estimated time needed and restore confidence by fixing things early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

eoinglancy wrote: »
    Seriously??! That is just beyond ridiculous. After banking with them for the last 20 years I think I will be moving my accounts elsewhere :mad:

eoinglancy wrote: »

No way!!! by then ill have 5 lodgements that i cant get to! such a balls. any word if the banks are opening late next week for people stuck in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

UPDATED 5PM ON UB WEBSITE

We appreciate that this technical issue is having a significant impact on many of our customers, their businesses and the customers of other banks and we unreservedly apologise for this.

This technical issue has been identified. However, it is taking longer than anticipated to clear the backlog of payments, which has resulted. We are continuing to work around the clock to clear these.

To help as many of our customers as possible, tomorrow, Monday 25th June, we will also extend the opening hours of approximately 80 of our branches from 9.30am until 6pm. We would ask customers to bring identification and their account details with them.

Today, our dedicated help desk is open 8am to 10pm to take your call on 1800 205 100. We will continue to post regular updates here.

We recognise this is an unacceptable inconvenience and we want to reassure our customers that if they experience bank charges as a result of this issue they will be refunded. Once again we would like to unreservedly apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eoinglancy

RE:GismoBaby....

My nephew who is on a fas course has yet to see any money arrive in his UB account. While my sister who gets paid by her employer into her BOI account via Ulster got her money Friday.

So anyone with a UB account is still waiting.

its a bit hit and miss so whether u get ur lodgements or not!

do they seem to be sorting out people who bank with other banks first to save themselves some money on late fees by other banks?

ah its making me so mad right now! ive been with them years, i opened my first account with them and still use it, and was kinda giving them the benefit of the doubt but im losing faith i tell ya! its getting beyond a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

Hi everyone, new member, ive been keeping an eye on this thread all weekend because like many im waiting on my wages and the lack of information is nothing short of a disgrace.

Last Thursday morning when i went to ATM i noticed no wages so took the morning off to visit the bank, i was told there about the problem, the girl on the counter was sorry but said it would be sorted by closing on Thursday.

So on Friday morning still nothing,but heard on radio etc just how big a problem it was.Visited my bank again after work Friday evening still nothing, again Saturday morning were i was met at the door by the assistant manager basically doing a bit of PR, he advised me there was nothing that could be done until it was sorted, he said Monday morning.Which i now know isnt going to happen.

Im just sickened like most by the serious lack of information, its my wages after all, its all the money i have.I needed it but i guess probably not as much as some old people or people with larger families.Its just sad that again when people are not at fault in this country they are treated like they done something wrong.

Id never blame or take it out on the frontline staff but someones got to ask for answers, its maddening to be told 'we cant be sure when your wages will be in', well we'll see how that excuse works when i owe them money!

Something i was wondering, will UB cover the cost of me using the ATM at the local garage this weekend about 10 times to check if they finally paid me my money? Is it only missed DD etc or will they cover ALL bank charges brought on by their problems, because i think i pay enough for the banks problems as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭Tow

Two weeks now...
    Looks as if they also slashed the budget on upgrading their hardware. The existing kit must have been run at close to full capacity.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

It probably just dawned on them that those on monthly salaries are due to be paid next week as well.

Hence the creation of a new deadline for the supposed resolution to this mess.

It probably just dawned on them that those on monthly salaries are due to be paid next week as well.

Hence the creation of a new deadline for the supposed resolution to this mess.

That's basically everyone who gets paid into a bank account!

I would advise everyone who is with Ulsterbank to ask you employer for a payslip this month just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

GismoBaby wrote: »
    And anyone who has received their wages, albeit late, are they UB customers or is it the employer thats UB and they bank elsewhere? why are some things held up more than others i wonder?

I bank with NIB, my employer with Ulster (HSE). Was due to be paid on Thurs. the HSE sent an email on Fri saying people who bank with non-UB would receive their pay on Sat and UB people on Monday. I am still waiting, however i suspect that it is because of NIB...i have never had money credited to my account on a Sat (unless i transferring between my own accounts). So we'll see if it's there tomorrow morning (wheres the cross fingers icon?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement