Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I like Cody a lot too but I've never viewed him as having what it takes to be a top guy. Nowhere near charismatic enough and even in the ring he's more solid than amazing. Not everybody can be a main eventer and there's no shame in that. Cody is on TV regularly and getting plenty of exposure. I would also say he is where he belongs on the card right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think I'd rather see them as tag team champions again over The Miz & Damien Sandow. But really he is in a good enough position, compared to others on the roster, he's on most shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Edge is completely overrated and was a charisma vacuum.

Bubba you said it perfect. He was good but he wasn't great. Didn't deserve instant Hall Of Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I agree with everything you have said Leggo. I'm a cody mark, so I want to see him do well. I thought when legacy finished his initial run on Smackdown was very good. I do think he will never be near the top level, but he could certainly in the future get to where Ziggler is.
    Their is 2 of us Cody marks? It truly is Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Three. I loved dashing Cody Rhodes and called it right at the start that he'd be the breakout star of the fortunate sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Whosthis wrote: »
    Edge is completely overrated and was a charisma vacuum.

He was rated R ,which is hardly over

I am not sure I follow what you're saying, boy. Was that sarcasm or what do you mean there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Any time i have seen Edge at a house show he has "Called it in" to say the least.
    No time for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I am not sure I follow what you're saying, boy. Was that sarcasm or what do you mean there?

Over-Rated
    R-Rated

A pun I would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Three. I loved dashing Cody Rhodes and called it right at the start that he'd be the breakout star of the fortunate sons.

Four.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I believe that the number is actually...

wwe-tough-enough_original_display_image.jpg?1317080636

Ageyev wrote: »
    Over-Rated
    R-Rated

A pun I would imagine
    Puns tend to go over my head, especially when you can't hear the person's voice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

The Faces of Fear were one of the most underrated tag teams in pro wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭briany

Bringing this one back...

Every time I see the Undertaker make an entrance, I'm reminded that his entrance has become the most tedious in all of wrestling. It's not that it's slow, but it is surrounded by hush. It used to be that JR or whoever would be telling the story of the match or Taker's intentions as he came down the ring, but now the commentators maintain an 'awed' silence and so does the crowd after the initial pop. It's become pretty sterile and literally like a funeral procession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Bret Hart was better on the mic than people gave him credit for

His Anti-American stuff from 1997 and his Austin feud material was top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Bret Hart was better on the mic than people gave him credit for

His Anti-American stuff from 1997 and his Austin feud material was top notch

I'd echo that sentiment and think it's kinda of good demonstration that even if a guy isn't necessarily known for his microphone work, give him a subject/character that he's halfway passionate about and booking the product becomes considerably less difficult.

It's actually worth noting as well that Hart never rated himself either. Long before it became a meme centering around Hart's sort-of stoic nature, Hart graded his mic-work at 4/10 in his autobiog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

briany wrote: »
    Bringing this one back...

Every time I see the Undertaker make an entrance, I'm reminded that his entrance has become the most tedious in all of wrestling. It's not that it's slow, but it is surrounded by hush. It used to be that JR or whoever would be telling the story of the match or Taker's intentions as he came down the ring, but now the commentators maintain an 'awed' silence and so does the crowd after the initial pop. It's become pretty sterile and literally like a funeral procession.

Personally I don't mind it, I look at every Taker entrance like it could be his last so I'm enjoying still seeing him, I still pop a little when I here the 'gong'! :)

My unpopular opinion is: I hate that Taker wears the MMA gloves. I know he loves it irl, but to me a 'Deadman' shouldn't look like a mark for another sport, they look silly imo. Hasn't stopped my enjoyment of Taker over the years but still. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yip I'll also echo disdain for Taker and his MMA stuff. You are right, it's nothing to get worked up about but it does make Taker look stupid. Sort of reminds me of a funny line from the Hardy Bucks-

Buzz: "Did you see the guy in the gym in town. He wears all TapOut gear"

Boo: *deadly seriously* "Jeeeeeesus only the toughest of bucks wear TapOut shirts".

The Hells Gate is by far one of the biggest turds ever in terms of submissions used believably in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Pretty much everything about the Undertaker bores me at best and infuriates me at worst these days. He's not quite at the level of Rick Flair crapping on his own legacy just yet but if he just disappeared and was never seen again I wouldn't miss him (and I was a big fan back in the days when he could still work more than a handful of mid-level spots and didn't look like a near pensionable cross dresser).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I like The Big Show and still enjoy him today.

This is going to be a really unpopular opinion, I'd say. I think The Undertaker deserved more of a run with the WWE Championship. If they can give it to Dwayne Johnson & Brock Lesnar in 2013 and 2014, then there's no reason why he couldn't have gotten it for a final run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

The rules around PG and the over exposure of the players means we will never again see a star get over like a Rock ,Austin or Hogan ever again.

That level of exposure that reaches outside wrasslin and lasts for numerous years . Vince and co should stop trying to create "super stars" and just concentrate on a entertaining product.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Paige is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,187 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Not once has Undertaker ever really interested me as a performer in his 25 years. Completely overrated, and I'd be skeptical as to whether he's ever actually been a draw besides the Streak.

he's lucky IMO, and barely anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

J. Marston wrote: »
    Paige is awful.

THIS IS MYYYYYYY HOUUUUUUSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jon Stark wrote: »
    THIS IS MYYYYYYY HOUUUUUUSE.

I wish she would bloody move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm glad Bray Wyatt hasn't been pushed. His feud with the Undertaker was the shíts with him gaining their "supernatural" powers by eating their souls, just embarrassing in 2015 tbh.
    I also don't want to see RVD or Jericho return no matter how many injuries wwe get.
    NXT has a real problem with character development which is a part of the overall problem with WWE. Owens is helped by the fact he can talk(he had that skill pre nxt) but the likes of Neville & Breeze are floundering. Tbh the latter might be taken serious if it didn't look like he made his own costume & their hadn't been 862 vain, narcissistic gimmicks before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

J. Marston wrote: »
    Paige is awful.

Give anyone the crap she's been given and the result would be the same. She can only do so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Damien Sandow needs to be pushed again, and this time to the sky.
    Everything he touches turns to gold.

Advertisement