Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel hauled 'Mystery Train' Sat 23rd June

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Regarding flinging yourself off the platform - I think that's quite low and sick of you to say that considering people have taken their lives doing that (suicide). It's very insensitive

insensitive my arse suicide is a very common place in the railway and is something as drivers we unfortunately have to live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

TrainWreckHwy56aerial3.jpg
    (I thought it about time...)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

Regarding flinging yourself off the platform - I think that's quite low

I wasn't talking in terms of suicide - I was actually just thinking that, by your logic, anyone could jump on the tracks from the platform and explore because there are no signs specifically prohibiting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bonus_Pack

Of course there should not be a sign stuck to every brick and ladder around a statio. There is this thing called (un)common sense that some people use. If signs were put on everything it would end up like the USA where everthing is brought down to the level of a moron. Have you ever tried to read a manual for an american made tool or machine?

Anyway, as I said earlier, it is often more established enthusiasts who think they are above the rules and tresspass or do other silly things. They need to cop the f. on if this hobby is not to end up severly restricted.

As regards the poster who climbed the pole, they still have not identified themselves and come forward. As I said for all your denying it, you've been caught out in spectacular fashion in that video. You might as well just come out and come clean as your not codding anyone only yourself.

Off topic:
    This is not britain It's is Ireland. We got the british out of this part of Ireland a long time ago

The UK gov gave us the railways, along with virtually every decent looking public biulding in the country. I think the Brit bashing that goes on on this forum by republican fanboys (not directed at you) is at times farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Ladders are made for climbing!

Ok Iv just very carefully viewed that video again. Clearly the ladder in question has an ''anti climbing device'' installed covering the ladder to prevent nutcases like you climbing it. This device I presume can be removed so that AUTHORISED PERSONNEL can climb and gain access to the signal for maintenance purposes only. That video is a valuable piece of evidence, fair play to the person who took this piece of video, it maybe needed in court at a later stage, now Victor do the decent thing and ban this troll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

A bit off the thread title but someone was climbing signal poles last night between Newbridge and Kildare and the resulting vandalism caused Chaos to morning services into and out of Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

OK, this looks like standard C&T trench warfare to me. I don't know most of you, so I'll probably be pretty even-handed if I decide to go through the thread with a banhammer and infraction gun.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement