Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that should be illegal?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

You are more interested in an argument about petty details than in accepting someones valid point of view. I know a scammer. You admit scammers exist. Therefore move on. You already admitted I have a valid point of view and you will save a lot of time if you do.
    Someone's upset at being challenged! :p

Yeh sure, the realities that lead to begging: poverty, mental illness, no support network like family/friends... just a few auld petty details. :D And also a "bizarre" angle to consider.

You have provided absolutely no solid evidence that the guy was scamming - just something about knowing what he was up to. And again, how do you know he goes to Spain? You I presume also think immigints get free cars when they arrive in Ireland? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,513 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What do people have against muzzled dogs outdoors? Surely its better for dog owners too since your dog is less likely to get attacked?

I think we should also muzzle fat people too. It would prevent them from eating and this would be good for them eventually :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

akura wrote: »
    Tractors driving on main roads!

I totally agree with you, especially when they are stuck to the white line but in slot of cases, it's the only route for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Mullets, shiny track suits, white runners, Red Bull, 2 and a half men, jaffa cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,823 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Making a good tv series and then having to wait for the next season each time. :(

Cancelling a good tv series without giving it a proper ending, especially if it's been on for more than 2 years.

Using mobile phones in cinema. Dark cinema plus bright iPhone screen = really annoying/distracting

• Advertisement

Iced Tea

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Integrating into Irish society nicely so...

and "the ones coming from, say Africa" aren't permitted to work for the most part....

If they're not permitted to work then they shouldn't be permitted to claim the dole, or lone parents or children's' allowance or any other state benefit.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Mullets, shiny track suits, white runners, Red Bull, 2 and a half men, jaffa cakes.

How could you say that about Jaffa cakes? :O They're the nicest invention ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

90s babies putting the year of their birth in their username and reminding me that I am slowly getting old.

IrishAm wrote: »
    90s babies putting the year of their birth in their username and reminding me that I am slowly getting old.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Onixx wrote: »
    You I presume also think immigints get free cars when they arrive in Ireland? ;)

You just showed your hand there as a wind up merchant who makes a lot of unproven assumptions. Get off your high horse about wanting (selectively chosen) proof while you make up this kind of unproven nonsense in a vain attempt to validate your sense of delusion. I am not about the business of giving my senses to crazies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I am not about the business of giving my senses to crazies.

Or making much senses.

Giselle wrote: »
    Or making much senses.

Look at the calibre of person I have to deal with though. Give them a lollypop and send them on their way but leave the War and Peace sagas for someone more deserving.
    I am going to be pedantic since you are being really mean to me ;)
    It is sense. Not senses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

People farting in elevators should be illegal, its criminal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Look at the calibre of person I have to deal with though. Give them a lollypop and send them on their way but leave the War and Peace sagas for someone more deserving.
    I am going to be pedantic since you are being really mean to me ;)
    It is sense. Not senses :D

I'll look that up if you promise to look up 'irony'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

North-siders

You just showed your hand there as a wind up merchant who makes a lot of unproven assumptions. Get off your high horse about wanting (selectively chosen) proof while you make up this kind of unproven nonsense in a vain attempt to validate your sense of delusion. I am not about the business of giving my senses to crazies.
    Oh sure, I'm a "crazy" for debating with you and for stating very much proven realities - still no back-up for your claims about Spain and him not being mentally ill? :D
    I don't think a discussion forum is ideal for you if people refuting you causes you that much upset. :(

Oh sure, I'm a "crazy" for debating with you and for stating very much proven realities - still no back-up for your claims about Spain and him not being mentally ill? :D
    I don't think a discussion forum is ideal for you if people refuting you causes you that much upset. :(

Whos upset ? There you go again making unproven assumptions when personally I couldn't give a monkeys. You are wrong about this , wrong before and wrong about everything else. Play the ball instead of the man and you might be more successful in future.

What am I wrong about? Calling me a crazy and a wind-up merchant just because I have the NERVE to disagree with you and ask for back-up on a discussion forum of all places - that would indicate you do give a monkeys. :)

If you have concrete reason to be sure the guy is a scammer, cool, throw it out there.

Re homelessness in general: people often end up homeless because of mental illness, addiction, going broke, having no support network - are you honestly disputing that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ponytails on fellas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

What am I wrong about? Calling me a crazy and a wind-up merchant just because I have the NERVE to disagree with you and ask for back-up on a discussion forum of all places - that would indicate you do give a monkeys. :)

If you have concrete reason to be sure the guy is a scammer, cool, throw it out there.

Re homelessness in general: people often end up homeless because of mental illness, addiction, going broke, having no support network - are you honestly disputing that? :confused:

Hi Dudess...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Facebook.

Also, gobsh1tes who post on Twitter every 5 minutes:

So you got up and had a shower.
    So you had Bran Flakes for breakfast.
    So you took a dump afterwards.

Good for you, do you want a medal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Using the word "epic" to describe anything!

Dats Epic man - like your username, just Epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

People farting in elevators should be illegal, its criminal!!

NA ITS GAS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

The rolleyes emoticon. Look at that little bastard. :rolleyes: A smug face filled with arrogance, guaranteed to piss anyone off when used in an arguement or debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

ScumLord wrote: »
    Corporations. They've got a stranglehold on humanity.
    Africa wrote: »
    Corporations are people too. Technically.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Technically they're not. They're corporations.
    Africa wrote: »
    ...dont know do you then?

Despite not being 'actual people', corporations are recognised by the law to have rights and responsibilities like people. Corporations can exercise human rights, are conceptually immortal but they can 'die' when they are dissolved and can even be convicted of criminal offenses.

"Corporate personhood" is a legal based bit of jargon that says a corporation may sue and be sued in court in the same way as person can.

Follow ups for you; "The Corporation" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379225/) and "Inside Job" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1645089/)

Glad I could educate :)

Couldn't let this lie.

Corporations are 'technically' not people. You even say it above.

Corporations can't get married.

Being annoyingly smug like the poster above should be illegal :D

All this off topic nonsense should be illegal. This thread is for things people think should be banned,. You turned it into a party political broadcast for the gullible party.

Epic idea dude

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Grown fat men in English premier league team jerseys referring to their beloved team as as "us" and "we". Cop yourselves on you eejits, you couldn't even point out where the city is on a blank map of England.

Advertisement