Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that should be illegal?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

licenses for everything,how are populations going to grow how can we pay off our economic debt if we impede growth like this?

you need a license for everything these days,universal social charge,the list goes on and on,do you think the household charge is fair too?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Final Approach

The Catholic Church, its brainwashed teachings, and its influence. Also, the naming of hospitals, (and hospital wards), schools, streets, etc. after saints. e.g. St. Johns Hospital etc.

I mean seriously, WTF is that about? I realize that most of this was done back when the Church ruled everything in this country, but it is about time that all of this rubbish was reversed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

licenses for everything,how are populations going to grow how can we pay off our economic debt if we impede growth like this?

you need a license for everything these days,universal social charge,the list goes on and on,do you think the household charge is fair too?

The population will still grow but it wont be full of scumbag wasters. Little Deco, son of Nikki and Thomo the dole scroungin, drug dealing, thievin scummers probably isnt going to grow up to contribute anything to society.

Anyone who wants to have a child should have to show they are capable of raising and providing for it. Not just poppin one out, claiming child benefit and straight onto the dole after 18 years of neglect which turns them into their parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Militant Atheism. It's just as bad as religious fanaticism. See above (Final Approach's post) for an example.

FTR: I'm neither religious nor atheist.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

Hotpants on big ladies!

• Advertisement

Fizzy drinks, wheat products, high-fructose corn syrup products, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Screaming, snot nosed lil whingers in restaurants and shops. Kids are fine - uncontrolled beasts are NOT fine in the least. Dog owners have to obey leash laws, certain breeds must be muzzled, and responsible owners clean the poo.
    Monsters are allowed into all businesses and buildings - bringing with them deafening levels of noise and screaming, running around causing havoc and chaos and leaving a trail of mess and destruction behind them.

If certain breeds of dog must be muzzled - I feel certain breeds/types of children should as well. They are far more dangerous than a dog could ever be :rolleyes:
    And leash laws - I can't bring my dog near a cafe because she's messy and unhygenic - well so is the little snot nosed brat racing around the cafe tripping up the staff and customers - where my dog would be quietly sitting under the table making her presence fairly well unknown to anyone who couldn't directly see her. :rolleyes: And the amount of children AND parents I see dropping litter and garbage and crap in their path. I (unfortunately) live around the corner from a school - the amount of garbage that ends up dumped over my wall by children and parents alike. And, least I mention the woman who stopped, let her child pee into my garden (a little girl) help her wipe herself clean and then throw the dirty tissue into the bush (yes, at that point I did run out of the house in disgust with my roll of poop bags I use with the dog and chased her down and loudly in front of the entire street full of residents and parents alike and point out what she did and how she needed to clean it up - I also felt like giving her a bottle of water and bleach and clean the piss off the concrete as well.)

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Rant over :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

DB21 wrote: »
    Militant Atheism. It's just as bad as religious fanaticism. See above (Final Approach's post) for an example.

FTR: I'm neither religious nor atheist.
    Attacking the catholic church is very different to attacking people simply for being believers though. There are believers in god who don't have time for the organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wibbles19

My arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Putting dogs in the boot of a car
    Making them run beside a bike while on a lead
    Making them run beside a car while on a lead - check it out on Dollymount causeway
    Cutting off bits of their bodies eg, tails and claws, because you think they look better without them

Making horses pull weights like heavy carts containing several people - day in day out
    Putting a metal bar permanently in their mouths

Fishing with hooks

I could go on.......

I just have a couple of questions, when you say putting the dog in the boot I assume you mean saloons and not in estates or hatchbacks. If a dog is properly secured in a crate in the boot of an estate or saloon then it is far safer for both them and the human passengers, a doggy flying around the car in an accident can do just as much damage if not more than a unbelted human passenger and can be seriously injured or killed themselves. Also emergency services will not remove a dog from a car wreak unless the dog is in a crate.

Making them run beside a bike on a lead, this all depends on the breed but for breeds that need a lot of exercise the benefits are plain to see, Huskies or Malamutes are perfect for this, and they love it. Of course there are safety issues to be taken into account for both dog and owner but if these are considered I see no issues. This of course should be done on soft ground, have heard of dogs who will run hard on concrete with abandon and cut all the pads of their paws.

Everything else I agree with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Wibbles19 wrote: »
    My arse!
    Yeh mine too should be illegal - so fricking juicay! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Piebalds and carts on public roads, almost as bad as fat middle aged men in lycra on a bicycle thinking they are on the tour de France when in reality they are in a suburban village in the foothills of the Dublin hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Breaking the law should be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can't believe it took 9 pages for someone to mention kid licences. Well done to emma and LordSmeg! Couldn't agree with ye more.

I think it should be illegal for people with absolutely no idea of what they're talking about whilst ignoring the facts making the drug laws (specifically the laws surrounding hemp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

My Eyes...The Goggles.... They do NOTHING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

It should be illegal to hang political posters of any kind up on lamp posts. Too much money pissed away on this, run a page in the newspapers, a 30 second ad twice weekly after the 6pm or 9pm news and after the 9am and 12pm news on the radio instead.

With the exception of missing person/pets posters I agree.

My contribution:

Scumbags with more than 5 convictions! Tired of these f*ckers walking around with 50+ convictions, and everybody is "suprised" when they go and murder someone. Our Justice system is a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Ill-thought out contrarianism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My contribution:

Scumbags with more than 5 convictions! Tired of these f*ckers walking around with 50+ convictions, and everybody is "suprised" when they go and murder someone. Our Justice system is a farce.

"Ah but shure anto was in with a bad crowd, he didnt mean any of the previous 29 convictions he did and hes a changed man...hes got (another) daughter out and it would be a travesty to have her grow up without a dad."
    "Ok Anto, youre free to go"
    "cheer boss...i swear, i'm gonna sort it out. I promise ye`

3 days later ends back up in court on a domestic violence charge.

Theres a point where people are beyond `saving` and no amount of ****e a solicitor says about them should matter, and its probably somewhere between 3-10 convictions.
    Lock them up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Onixx wrote: »

But then THEY'D be censored...

Yes, but they don't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

ian87 wrote: »
    Women who feel the need to acquire that nasal "D4" accent even though they come from ballygobackwards and grew up on a sheep farm somewhere in the wesht. Those who marry men who have done well for themselves tend to be often but not exclusively afflicted by this annoying habit. These women soon forget their shít encrusted wellys background and believe themselves to be cosmopolitan yummy mumy go getters who grew up in the hallowed halls of BTs from an early age and ate roulades and terrines everyday as youngsters. In reality it was stitched up hand me downs from their older sisters and older cousins and the dinner consisted of Mammys overboiled bacon, cabbage and a mountain of floury spuds.

The AA Roadwatch women.

"Rind abite" What the fuck is that?

Ditto "ite bind" and"syth bind"

Horrible,horrible accent.

Gerry Ryans daughter is the worst offender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Although we want less of a nanny state there are still things that should illegal for our own good.

so what things shouldn't be allowed that are?

That guy Keane - (used to play soccer in england - not the one that plays in the USA - Robbie - the other one).

Either:

a) He shouldn't be allowed

b) His opinion shouldn't be allowed

c) A mixture of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Haven't read all of the thread yet so I'm not sure if this has been said - I really think motorbikes should be illegal. I find it extraordinary that they are legal. It's illegal not to wear a seatbelt but its ok to drive around on a motorbike..wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

People that walk slowly.

No excuses, not for age, not for disability, not for having short legs.

People should have to do a walking test. If they fail to walk at a reasonable speed they do not get a license.

People who fail to get a license will still be allowed out at certain times of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Using the word 'liberal' as an offensive term should be illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

DonQuay1 wrote: »
    That guy Keane - (used to play soccer in england - not the one that plays in the USA - Robbie - the other one).

Either:

a) He shouldn't be allowed

b) His opinion shouldn't be allowed

c) A mixture of the two.

I don't like Keane either but in fairness he's entitled to his opinion. He's a driven character who feeds on success. Celebrating failure is a foreign concept to him, remember the time when he wouldn't get up on the open top bus in 94 because he felt we'd achieved nothing at that world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Haven't read all of the thread yet so I'm not sure if this has been said - I really think motorbikes should be illegal. I find it extraordinary that they are legal. It's illegal not to wear a seatbelt but its ok to drive around on a motorbike..wtf?

I loves motorbikes, especially choppers - I'd hate if they were illegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

I don't like Keane either but in fairness he's entitled to his opinion. He's a driven character who feeds on success. Celebrating failure is a foreign concept to him, remember the time when he wouldn't get up on the open top bus in 94 because he felt we'd achieved nothing at that world cup.

He was dead right on that occasion. That was embarrassing for all concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

This thread is about 'Things that should be illegal?'

I never said anything about any 'like's, 'fairness', 'failure', 'concepts' or leaky buses in '94. I think that this guy Keane should have all his opinions neutered. Completely.
    It would be better for everyone in my opinion to make his opinions illegal.

If he looks out the window in the morning and says out loud "... it looks like rain" - that's his opinion. Should be illegal for him to have one - so ban it immediately.

That's my opinion. I like my opinion.
    If you want my opinion made illegal - it's up to you to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Wearing GAA jerseys on holidays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Making horses pull weights like heavy carts containing several people - day in day out
    Putting a metal bar permanently in their mouths

Horses bits aren't actually that cruel, horses have a small gap between their teeth where the bit sits. If you are taught to ride properly you know that you don't control the horse with your hands at all, your hands are there to support the horses head when they come under their selves. You use weight aids and leg pressure aids to turn, increase pace, slow pace and stop the horse. The only movement that should be in your hands is a half-halt, this is when you pull your ring finger back to your palm a bit (basically tapping your palm) and it's used to give the horse a heads up that you're about to ask them to do something differently or control their pace more.

It would be cruel if you just kicked and tore a horse by it's mouth, which sadly does happen. But with several different bits,different strengths and different metals it is a number one priority to prevent any cruelty.

Advertisement