Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Leinster5

Quint2010 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/tony-ward-time-running-out-for-toner-to-fulfil-towering-potential-3240523.html

Tony Ward big-upping Terenure's Billy Dardis in his article this morning. One for the Leinster Academy next season for sure.

Yeah, he's impressed the few times I've seen him. Still far too early to put pressure on him. Although he didn't have a great cup campaign last year for Terenure, but he's improved since. Will be curious to see how he plays against Michaels this Saturday. Anyone else attending the match on Saturday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Yeah, he's impressed the few times I've seen him. Still far too early to put pressure on him. Although he didn't have a great cup campaign last year for Terenure, but he's improved since. Will be curious to see how he plays against Michaels this Saturday. Anyone else attending the match on Saturday ?

Your joking aren't you? Did you see all Terenure's matches last season? He was their best player by a good distance and scored two fantastic tries against Gonzaga and Clongowes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Yeah, if I remember correctly he had a stormer. Apparently he is extremely dedicated to rugby too.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/tony-ward-time-running-out-for-toner-to-fulfil-towering-potential-3240523.html

Tony Ward big-upping Terenure's Billy Dardis in his article this morning. One for the Leinster Academy next season for sure.

Billy dardis is not playing on Saturday, the rest of the 18 pros are, you probably won't see billy line out for nure till after the Ireland trials

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Billy dardis is not playing on Saturday, the rest of the 18 pros are, you probably won't see billy line out for nure till after the Ireland trials

Why so, most other schools will have all their reps back within the next 2-4 weeks.

• Advertisement

fox_1973 wrote: »

Why so, most other schools will have all their reps back within the next 2-4 weeks.
    His own choice as far as I know, he is still out training every day working on his skills, just not competitive for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oldboy 92

Let's call a spade a spade here! Billy Dardis is without doubt on of the finest schoolboy players to come on the scene in years. People are talking of him as a better version of Andrew Conway, this is not simply talking him up, he has shown the potential for several years now. He was a stand out for the Leinster schools team this year. In a backline with Schmidt, Brewer, and O'Neill, I can't wait to see these guy's in action. With Michaels producing Kellegher, Leavy, McCarthy and Byrne then we are in for a treat when these 2 meet for real in the Cup, hopefully they have packs to provide them with quality ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Oldboy 92 wrote: »
    Let's call a spade a spade here! Billy Dardis is without doubt on of the finest schoolboy players to come on the scene in years. People are talking of him as a better version of Andrew Conway, this is not simply talking him up, he has shown the potential for several years now. He was a stand out for the Leinster schools team this year. In a backline with Schmidt, Brewer, and O'Neill, I can't wait to see these guy's in action. With Michaels producing Kellegher, Leavy, McCarthy and Byrne then we are in for a treat when these 2 meet for real in the Cup, hopefully they have packs to provide them with quality ball.

Is Dardis one of the lads from that year who were "stolen" from Newbridge College?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭gfitz95

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Is Dardis one of the lads from that year who were "stolen" from Newbridge College?
    Not sure if stolen is the right word,but yea he did attend Newbridge up until 4th year I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Anytime I've seen Dardis he has really impressed me. He has a chance to make it at the top level.

BTW anybody know was Stephen O'Neill dropped for Leinster? Ross Byrne seems to be playing that position now.

• Advertisement

Wattle wrote: »
    Anytime I've seen Dardis he has really impressed me. He has a chance to make it at the top level.

BTW anybody know was Stephen O'Neill dropped for Leinster? Ross Byrne seems to be playing that position now.
    Unfortunately he broke his ankle during the game against munster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Plus, O'Neill plays u19.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

gfitz95 wrote: »
    Not sure if stolen is the right word,but yea he did attend Newbridge up until 4th year I believe.

Yeah, that's why I put it in quotes. I remember hearing that Terenure brought in 2/3 of that years decent enough junior team but wasn't sure if Dardis was one of them. Bit of a strange situation given the Terenure wouldnt have boarders.

Just back from the Terenure match,were beaten convincingly by Michaels 20-10.Bar the opening 15 minutes Michaels dominated the game scoring 20 unanswered points.Dardis wasnt playing as expected and they missed him badly lacking an attacking edge.Brewer was very average by his standards.Cant see him near the academy next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Just back from the Terenure match,were beaten convincingly by Michaels 20-10.Bar the opening 15 minutes Michaels dominated the game scoring 20 unanswered points.Dardis wasnt playing as expected and they missed him badly lacking an attacking edge.Brewer was very average by his standards.Cant see him near the academy next year.

Brewer has been given way too much hype, it's not fair on the guy. But yes he was fairly average today.

Back from the game as well. Michaels won 20-10 and it should have been by more. Terenure looked strong in the opening 20mins with Brewer running in their only try, but then Michaels just turned the game on its head. Michaels kicked extremely well, dominated the lineout, and also made Brewer look very ordinary at times. Clearly wasn't both their full sides, but based on today, Michaels look very strong again and should be the team to beat this year. Great game to watch.

Back from the game as well. Michaels won 20-10 and it should have been by more. Terenure looked strong in the opening 20mins with Brewer running in their only try, but then Michaels just turned the game on its head. Michaels kicked extremely well, dominated the lineout, and also made Brewer look very ordinary at times. Clearly wasn't both their full sides, but based on today, Michaels look very strong again and should be the team to beat this year. Great game to watch.

Disappointing result for Terenure. 'Michaels sound as though they have a better squad than Terenure even though I would say both sides first fifteen's are evenly matched. Still a ten point defeat away from home first game f the season is no disgrace. Terenure will be a different team with Dardis, O'Neill and Somerville back playing for them.

Thought Michaels were very good today. Did all the basics very well(Lineouts, Scrums, Rucking and Kicking). Terenure looked pretty average bar a few players. Obviously too early to make cup predictions, but Michaels look very strong, especially in the pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Hagz wrote: »
    Plus, O'Neill plays u19.

I see. Didn't realise he was u19.

any matches of note this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Gonzaga beat Andrew's at Senior and Junior level in the league today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hayden1994

Newbridge college beat pres bray 42-0

any matches of note this weekend?

Terenure playing Belvo tomorrow at 11AM in Terenure

Terenure beat Belvedere 34-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 knightro

Terenure beat Belvedere 34-5.

Rock hammered marys. dont think Rock have a chance though. why are mary so crap these days?

knightro wrote: »
    Rock hammered marys. dont think Rock have a chance though. why are mary so crap these days?

Disagree with you. Think 'Rock are dark horses this year. They play Terenure next Saturday

Michaels beat pres cork in cork,not sure on the score line but "convincingly" was what i was told

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slackers88

Just heard they beat Clongowes yesterday! Anyone at this game?
    Only just on the hread for the first time today some interesting stuff here....
    Does anybody know if this is true, from what i heard Roscrea were nothing near the standard of there last two cup teams but maybe that isnt the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oldboy 92

slackers88 wrote: »
    Only just on the hread for the first time today some interesting stuff here....
    Does anybody know if this is true, from what i heard Roscrea were nothing near the standard of there last two cup teams but maybe that isnt the case?
    They are a decent side again with some very good individuals (Nephew watched this game). They weren't at full strength v Clongowes who look to be struggling without their provincial players. St Michaels and Nure seem to be still the two most likely. Still looking to see a game or two so any games sat worth watching?

• Advertisement

They are a decent side again with some very good individuals (Nephew watched this game). They weren't at full strength v Clongowes who look to be struggling without their provincial players. St Michaels and Nure seem to be still the two most likely. Still looking to see a game or two so any games sat worth watching?

Terenure hosting Blackrock this Saturday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement