Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭TheTalk

Because Michaels have the best 10 left in the cup, who I think is carbon copy of Owen Farrell. A beast of a 15 and great front row. Say what you want about newbridge but they shouldn't be there. Harsh but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Player14

TheTalk wrote: »
    Okay 'player14' I will 'enlighten' you. In the Jct 2011 clongowes lost to favourites rock by a point. Now they have conor Gleeson and even more fergal cleary to add to the ranks. Michaels have an overrated leavy who is not as good as o'donague because he should've started last year, scored 3 tries in 2 matches. He started in the final and by a margin of 14 months was the youngest on the 15. Quick powerful finishes well. Ireland's loss for this year FIRA IMO.

Hardly a reason to destroy any team. You have your opinion on Leavy but many would disagree with you (Ireland coaches would know more than you). Also, Michaels lost in the final by only two points to Rock that year and beat Clongowes in that pre-season game?
    Also, as you can se from Terenure's dream team, so much can change in three years. Just as Clongowes lost O'Farrell who was arguably their best player. None of your arguments are based on facts, you are obviously just angry about the result yesterday and have some obsession with the fac that you think O'Fonoghue is better than Leavy. Why should Leavy have not started last year? He's a great player and showed that in the four cup games he started and the performance he gave off the bench in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bohemian Hooligan

Okay 'player14' I will 'enlighten' you. In the Jct 2011 clongowes lost to favourites rock by a point. Now they have conor Gleeson and even more fergal cleary to add to the ranks. Michaels have an overrated leavy who is not as good as o'donague because he should've started last year, scored 3 tries in 2 matches. He started in the final and by a margin of 14 months was the youngest on the 15. Quick powerful finishes well. Ireland's loss for this year FIRA IMO.

St michaels lost to the same rock team by two points in the JCT 2011 final? Many say they deserved to win. The 10 (who plays 12 this year for the seniors) missed a kick in the last few mins for the win.

Fergal cleary is in 6th year I believe so they won't have him, and also Adam leavy subbed the final last year and made possibly the best line of the match that day, also in 4th year. Throwing out some outrageous statements

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sct2015

i really don't know how you can say that newbridge shouldn't be there. its a team full of 5th years that are well able to cause an upset

sct2015 wrote: »
    i really don't know how you can say that newbridge shouldn't be there. its a team full of 5th years that are well able to cause an upset

Is a very harsh statement to say that they shouldn't be there but That's what the draw can do. I think newbridge were the fifth best team, at best, to enter the cup this year. Maybe even below teams such as Gonzaga and Castleknock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 blessoboy

They've gotten to the semi final but that's about where it ends if you ask me. I know pre season isn't the be all and end all but it acts as a decent guide and I remember Blackrock put at least 40 points onto Newbridge if not more

Ye they did , but when a small school such a Newbridge is missing 6-7 players it leads to scores like that. However they also played Roscrea in the league semis aswell only losing by a score proving their is more to them than everybody thinks if they been able to deal with the roscrea pack despite their lack in size !!
    (Obivously a bit of a bridge fan )

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

Player14 wrote: »

Is a very harsh statement to say that they shouldn't be there but That's what the draw can do. I think newbridge were the fifth best team, at best, to enter the cup this year. Maybe even below teams such as Gonzaga and Castleknock.

How can you say that? They won their matches fairly and it's not their fault they drew the teams they did

Creeby wrote: »

How can you say that? They won their matches fairly and it's not their fault they drew the teams they did

Afraid to say that's just my opinion. I didn't say it was their fault, I said the oposite. This is just what the draw can do. I just doubt Newbridge's ability against the better sides

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭gfitz95

Anyone who tries to say that this newbridge team is better than that Clongowes team that lost yesterday is in denial,they are also most likely worse than gonzaga and castleknock and maybe belvo also,therefore they shouldnt be in the last 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Newbridge are better than people give them credit for, they have 2 of the strongest props in the competition even if they may be a little overweight. Ed is 6 foot 4 143kg and has a bench of 195kg thats stronger than ANY player currently on the irish side. cian healy can bench 135, this 18 year old puts him to shame

Makes a great story doesn't it petty it's not at all true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sct2015

gfitz95 wrote: »
    Anyone who tries to say that this newbridge team is better than that Clongowes team that lost yesterday is in denial,they are also most likely worse than gonzaga and castleknock and maybe belvo also,therefore they shouldnt be in the last 4.

that fact of the matter is newbridge are in the last 4 and any thing can happen in cup rugby this newbridge team are well drilled good defence and well capable of scoring trys out wide

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

Some ridiculous statements being thrown around here lately. #DarcyForLions

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RossBrah

Some ridiculous statements being thrown around here lately. #DarcyForLions

Have to agree with this guy, wright off the bridge at your peril

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

blessoboy wrote: »

Ye they did , but when a small school such a Newbridge is missing 6-7 players it leads to scores like that. However they also played Roscrea in the league semis aswell only losing by a score proving their is more to them than everybody thinks if they been able to deal with the roscrea pack despite their lack in size !!
    (Obivously a bit of a bridge fan )
    I'm not saying they're not a good team or anything, I just don't think they'll be able hang with any of the remaining 3 is all

Cleary 5th year
    Leavy 5th year
    Get your facts right mate

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jimmyrosser

what time is the draw at for the semi finals at tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bohemian Hooligan

Cleary 5th year
    Leavy 5th year
    Get your facts right mate

leavy was in 4th year when he played in the final i was saying, granted i was not sure about cleary.. also cleary is a 13 so if clongowes play him at 10 he wont be of great use.

Excited for the draw now, would love to see michaels newbridge, and rock roscrea leading to a michaels rock final with michaels winning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Half time of Leinster game so around half 8
    leavy was in 4th year when he played in the final i was saying, granted i was not sure about cleary.. also cleary is a 13 so if clongowes play him at 10 he wont be of great use.

Excited for the draw now, would love to see michaels newbridge, and rock roscrea leading to a michaels rock final with michaels winning!
    He will be of great use at 10. He played Irish Youths at 10 last year a year underage. He's a very good 10

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Newbridge are better than people give them credit for, they have 2 of the strongest props in the competition even if they may be a little overweight. Ed is 6 foot 4 143kg and has a bench of 195kg thats stronger than ANY player currently on the irish side. cian healy can bench 135, this 18 year old puts him to shame
    If he is really 143kg then he is as heavy or even heavier than an off season bodybuilder. At that weight he would have to be around 30% bodyfat. Not a chance he's that heavy, :rolleyes:

Could someone please post a video of the clongowes michaels match?
    Even better would anyone be able to post a video of last years final?
    Thanks ;P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Rock v CCR
    Bridge v Michaels

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Meathdub

Michaels v Newbridge

Rock v Roscrea

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lobby Con Shine

Anyone have the draw?

Anyone..........anyone..........Bueller.........anyone...........

Edit: thanks lads. Does that mean that Rock V CCR is on the Sunday and Michaels V Newbridge is on the Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Looks like no matter what happens the final will be one to relish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Rock v Crea; 3rd March at 3pm
    Michaels v Bridge; 5th March at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jimmyrosser

looks like its roscrea are going to get revenge on michaels in the cup final this year for the first round last year #cupfever

looks like its roscrea are going to get revenge on michaels in the cup final this year for the first round last year #cupfever
    Presumptuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 whysomayo

It's not the draw that Roscrea would have wanted but wouldn't it be great if, like jimmyrosser said, it was a Roscrea V Michael's final but I'm sure Blackrock will have a big say in that. I not writing Newbridge off and by the sounds of it they'll have a serious shoot at the title next year. It's a bitch having to wait over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Presumptuous.
    Hardly the first person is he?
    They've gotten to the semi final but that's about where it ends if you ask me.

• Advertisement

its_phil wrote: »
    Hardly the first person is he?
    Just going by the odds my friend:

Blackrock 10/11

Michaels 6/4

CCR 6/1

Newbridge 14/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement