Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Rights Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭iptba

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

iptba wrote: »

Last I saw, there were more men than women contracting it most days in Ireland anyway - but nah, it's women who are being disproportionately being affected of course.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Last I saw, there were more men than women contracting it most days in Ireland anyway - but nah, it's women who are being disproportionately being affected of course.....:rolleyes:
    You know the saying "Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth". Much of modern western feminism is built on that foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

I think the issue is the increase in domestic violence, and decrease in services - not the number of cases per se.

I think the issue is the increase in domestic violence, and decrease in services - not the number of cases per se.

Yes, but there's an assumption being played here, driving an agenda. Statistically women are as likely to engage in or initiate DV. Or that women are capable of violence/abuse towards children. And yet, the notice is directed towards women being the victim.

If there was any real intention of seeking equality, then it would have been a suggestion of more patience for both genders.. but that wouldn't fit the agenda being driven.

• Advertisement

Not the most annoying thing I've come across on Tumblr, but this has been shared and/or liked by over 80,000 people in less than 2 months.

https://speakintosilence.tumblr.com/post/190623951148
    capstellium

male anger is so..... disgusting......
    capstellium

like stop throwing **** and slamming doors and just go to therapy..... it’s not cute to make women around you afraid bc you’re mad about something......
    Source: capstellium
    160,486 notes
    Feb 3rd, 2020

A politician from Australia:

https://twitter.com/MehreenFaruqi/status/1242713728048455680
    It's a popular tweet, though quite a number of people are also challenging it in replies.

I also came across some articles along those lines, also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

A politician from Australia:

I also came across some articles along those lines, also.

Do these people ever stop?

The facts (Ireland):
    507067.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

It's an argument on the same level as women suffered more in war because men were conscripted and sent to the frontline to be killed.

For a movement that proports to be all about equality, modern western feminism seems to be pretty one sided. Don't it's proponents believe in equal equality?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

We are in an unprecedented global pandemic and the selfish morans are still at it.

The Irish one's were doing the media rounds going about about vulnerable women in Domestic Violence situations....which would be noble if they didn't completely ignore the men in the same situations...which as we know is extremely deliberate....funding for these professional feminists should be first on the chopping block.

This wave of feminism is getting more and more odious.

It will be interesting how many firms keep entertaining people with Diversity/Equality agendas as they scramble to survive a global downturn.

• Advertisement

It's an argument on the same level as women suffered more in war because men were conscripted and sent to the frontline to be killed.

For a movement that proports to be all about equality, modern western feminism seems to be pretty one sided. Don't it's proponents believe in equal equality?

Selective equality... with the ability to test equality under a trial basis, and when that fails to appeal, keep the brand name (equality), but change the content. It's all in the TOS but the tiniest writing in the universe.

Equality no longer means actual equality. Look at the equality organisations for the EU or UN. The vast majority of their initiatives are aimed at women, but also aimed at women in many areas where they've already reached parity.

There was an article in Spectator Australia, it is behind a paywall, on this....it goes through the gender differences in death by county.

https://www.spectator.com.au/2020/03/greens-spread-the-virulent-virus-of-gender-wars/?fbclid=IwAR3jjh7bToa0H7WHm6mxdyahwOrTQHZGEuXtz2afuaxOSESb6c_INp0g95I

The last line was fairly damning if I can recall correctly..."These horrible individuals get greedy as we bury men"

It seems to completely pass her by that every other crisis sees men in the front line...you know, doing their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

There was an article in Spectator Australia, it is behind a paywall, on this....it goes through the gender differences in death by county.

https://www.spectator.com.au/2020/03/greens-spread-the-virulent-virus-of-gender-wars/?fbclid=IwAR3jjh7bToa0H7WHm6mxdyahwOrTQHZGEuXtz2afuaxOSESb6c_INp0g95I

The last line was fairly damning if I can recall correctly..."These horrible individuals get greedy as we bury men"

It seems to completely pass her by that every other crisis sees men in the front line...you know, doing their jobs.

It's actually also forgetting one small detail - yeah, most nurses and hospital cleaning staff are women, as well as probably more than half of the doctors. Possibly supermarket staff too.

However, pretty much all of the other services working right now employ an overwhelmingly male workforce - rubbish collection, street cleaning, deliveries, rescue, fire brigade, police, army...I suppose they don't count.

Overall (pre-Covid-19)
    "Men 23 times more likely to die in the workplace than women" - SHP Online
    https://www.arcoservices.co.uk/news/blog-article/-men-23-times-more-likely-to-die-in-the-workplace-than-women----shp-online

These are figures for the UK. I don’t think the data is available in Ireland. When I looked into it, the health safety body had detailed descriptions of the circumstances of deaths but didn’t publish the gender breakdown but the deaths were generally in areas where the vast majority of workers were male.

The same health body did publish data on low level sickness and injury at work where the gender difference wasn’t so noticeable. I’m suspicious the gender breakdown for deaths wasn’t convenient for some.

A mother has told a court that she is denying her ex-partner access to their son because she is protecting the boy and her family from coronavirus.

The couple are estranged and live in separate homes a number of miles away from each other in Co. Clare.

The father hasn’t seen his 12-year old son since March 4 and solicitor for the father, Frank Doherty, stated that his client has been denied access on 13 separate dates in March in breach of a court order in place for access to the child.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/i-am-protecting-my-child-mother-denies-ex-partner-access-to-son-due-to-coronavirus-court-hears-992043.html

A female Facebook friend of mine just posted this online:

Sometimes we hear that there is no difference between men and women;
    Other times we hear that women are better than men in some way;
    However, anyone mentioning the third option (men are better than women) will probably be told to look at option 1.

I doubt very much that Forbes would have published this with the genders reversed i.e.
    "What Do Countries With The Best Coronavirus Responses Have In Common? Male Leaders"
    Also, I've seen some commentary on Twitter that it isn't quite as simple as the article suggests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Yes, but there's an assumption being played here, driving an agenda. Statistically women are as likely to engage in or initiate DV. Or that women are capable of violence/abuse towards children. And yet, the notice is directed towards women being the victim.

If there was any real intention of seeking equality, then it would have been a suggestion of more patience for both genders.. but that wouldn't fit the agenda being driven.

Even the misandrist BBC hints at the reality from time to time but doesn't mention the champions at DV who are female couples.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29994648

"
    "One of our startling findings was that rates of domestic violence among same-sex couples is pretty consistently higher than for opposite sex couples," says Richard Carroll, a psychologist and co-author of the report."

The article then goes on to turn being a minority into a mitigating excuse...

Imagine how it must feel, to be an empowered feminist who has invested their identity to the cause of Domestic Violence in the belief it is part of "patriarchial oppression" only to gradually learn that lesbians are the most prolific offenders....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Eventually theres so much of it that its impossible to ignore

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8216713/Police-warn-huge-rise-women-committing-Cinderella-abuse.html

"Cases of 'Cinderella' abuse by sisters and stepsisters have risen dramatically with attacks by women on family members rising twice as fast as those by men."

Be safe? Don't be seen... Why women self-censor, and who benefits?
    For so many women, there is still tension between being safe and being seen; being visible, and being a target - for unwanted attention, invasive comments, even abuse. Liadan Hynes talks to four Irish women about their experiences of walking a difficult line, and why the corona crisis may be making it worse

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/be-safe-dont-be-seen-why-women-self-censor-and-who-benefits-39144571.html

I haven't read this closely, but skimming down it, it looks like a long article largely complaining about men; we would rarely if ever see similar types of articles complaining about women in the national media.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/be-safe-dont-be-seen-why-women-self-censor-and-who-benefits-39144571.html

I haven't read this closely, but skimming down it, it looks like a long article largely complaining about men; we would rarely if ever see similar types of articles complaining about women in the national media.

I got as far as "micro-aggressions" and stopped. Loony lefty lingo like that is usually a great indication that reading any further is a complete waste of your time.

Ps, it seems in the media that sports news is for men, whereas anything got to do with the universal condemnation of having a penis (but particularly a white penis) is for women.

Cake for everybody :-)

I got as far as "micro-aggressions" and stopped. Loony lefty lingo like that is usually a great indication that reading any further is a complete waste of your time.

Ps, it seems in the media that sports news is for men, whereas anything got to do with the universal condemnation of having a penis (but particularly a white penis) is for women.

Cake for everybody :-)

These articles treat women like they are infants or have special needs....I wonder what this will do to a woman's mental health in the long term...it can't be healthy!!!

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/kathy-sheridan-crisis-is-exposing-clay-feet-of-strong-men-pathetic-churchillian-wannabes-1.4240199
    Kathy Sheridan: Crisis is exposing clay feet of strong men, pathetic Churchillian wannabes

Almost every reckless decision ever can be traced to someone persuaded he was a brilliant maverick

[..]
    Every crisis is defined by the quality of its leadership. This one is swiftly and deftly exposing the clay underpinnings of the world’s strong men and pathetic Churchillian wannabes. The hubris, machismo, casual bigotry and naked electioneering on the back of mass tragedy cannot compete on the same podium as the consensus-builders, the experts, the decisive, prudent, patient, resolute and respectful. It’s hardly controversial to note that some of the most effective corona crisis leaders have been women – Angela Merkel of Germany, Tsai Ing-wen of Taiwan, Jacinda Ardern of New Zealand, Erna Solberg of Norway, Katrin Jakobsdottir of Iceland. And Silveria Jacobs of the Caribbean nation of Sint Maarten, whose no-nonsense, no-loophole, April 1st video went viral: “Simply. Stop. Moving. If you do not have the type of bread you like in your house, eat crackers. If you do not have bread, eat cereal, eat oats, sardines.” An RTÉ Prime Time clip of intensive care physician Dr Catherine Motherway has captured over a million views on Twitter alone.

I think it's unlikely the Irish Times would have ran this story with the genders reversed, i.e.

<male columnist>: Crisis is exposing clay feet of strong women pathetic Churchillian wannabes

Almost every reckless decision ever can be traced to someone persuaded she was a brilliant maverick

[..]

Every crisis is defined by the quality of its leadership. This one is swiftly and deftly exposing the clay underpinnings of the world’s strong women and pathetic Churchillian wannabes. The hubris, machismo, casual bigotry and naked electioneering on the back of mass tragedy cannot compete on the same podium as the consensus-builders, the experts, the decisive, prudent, patient, resolute and respectful. It’s hardly controversial to note that some of the most effective corona crisis leaders have been men – X of Germany, Y of Taiwan, Z of New Zealand, A of Norway, Bof Iceland. And <man> of the Caribbean nation of Sint Maarten, whose no-nonsense, no-loophole, April 1st video went viral: “Simply. Stop. Moving. If you do not have the type of bread you like in your house, eat crackers. If you do not have bread, eat cereal, eat oats, sardines.” An RTÉ Prime Time clip of intensive care physician <man >has captured over a million views on Twitter alone.

(More men's issues than men's rights)
    Why You Stand Side-by-Side or Face-to-Face
    The secret science of posture and position.
    Posted Apr 27, 2014
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/he-speaks-she-speaks/201404/why-you-stand-side-side-or-face-face

Argues that women prefer to talk face-to-face, while men prefer to talk side-by-side.

These are very broad generalities, but could have an element of truth to them.

(More men's issues than men's rights)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/he-speaks-she-speaks/201404/why-you-stand-side-side-or-face-face

Argues that women prefer to talk face-to-face, while men prefer to talk side-by-side.

These are very broad generalities, but could have an element of truth to them.

It's rubbish, because many women will stand slightly to the side, because it protects their breasts, just as men will stand slightly to the side, because it protects their privates. Typically those standing face-to-face are either doing it as a sign of trust, or a challenge, which is why so many people will stand facing with their arms across their chests.

Body language is incredibly unreliable as a guide to human behavior, and thoughts. There are just too many variables. Culture, personal experiences, subconscious and conscious thoughts, environmental concerns, etc. It was a useful guide, a hundred years ago when people didn't travel beyond their local areas, and populations were generally of the same cultural group, but even then, sub-cultures could blow it all out of wack.

Body language is promoted because it provides easy answers to things people don't want to prove, or because they can't prove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

These articles treat women like they are infants or have special needs....I wonder what this will do to a woman's mental health in the long term...it can't be healthy!!!

You can't have your cake and eat it too as much as they persist in trying.

Turns out the US women's soccer team had rejected a bonus based deal that the men had taken so their suit for equal pay got thrown out of court.
    The women's team also rejected a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) where they would have the same pay structure as the men's team in favor of a different CBA, Klausner wrote.
    The women's CBA guarantees that players will be compensated regardless of whether they play a match or not, while the men's CBA calls for players to be paid if they are called into camp to play and then participate in a match, according to the summary judgment.
    Klausner wrote that the women were asking for a court to conclude that the women were paid less than men because had the women been paid under the men's CBA, they would have earned more than they did under their own CBA.
    "This approach — merely comparing what each team would have made under the other team's CBA — is untenable in this case because it ignores the reality that the MNT and WNT bargained for different agreements which reflect different preferences, and that the WNT explicitly rejected the terms they now seek to retroactively impose on themselves," Klausner wrote.

https://twitter.com/mPinoe/status/1256373201283809281

Lads...we are oppressing them when we run.....apparently.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/manspreading-running-social-distancing-jogging-men-coronavirus-a9491926.html

These women are headbangers.....

Lads...we are oppressing them when we run.....apparently.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/manspreading-running-social-distancing-jogging-men-coronavirus-a9491926.html

These women are headbangers.....

I've come to the realisation that it's about domination. Pushing males into a corner where women can rule over them, because everything that males do (even when doing exactly the same as women) is seen as negative, and somehow has an impact on women.

It's beyond retarded, but it's going to continue growing as long as males ignore it or dismiss it as being the realms of nutcases. Manspreading has made it into public consciousness and even has been debated as becoming part of city ordances in various cities or states. Thankfully, it's been dismissed so far, but it's only a matter of time before it's brought in.... as it becomes more acceptable/normal to consider.

I'm not talking about a grand conspiracy, although there are likely feminist groups in communication with each other about how to bring about their utopian society.. God knows, Feminists are often quite organised about protests or other activities, so it's hardly a stretch of imagination to see them coordinating certain ideas to become more mainstream, and acceptable.

Makes me feel glad that I decided to live in Asia, where this nonsense isn't tolerated.

I've come to the realisation that it's about domination. Pushing males into a corner where women can rule over them, because everything that males do (even when doing exactly the same as women) is seen as negative, and somehow has an impact on women.

It's beyond retarded, but it's going to continue growing as long as males ignore it or dismiss it as being the realms of nutcases. Manspreading has made it into public consciousness and even has been debated as becoming part of city ordances in various cities or states. Thankfully, it's been dismissed so far, but it's only a matter of time before it's brought in.... as it becomes more acceptable/normal to consider.

I'm not talking about a grand conspiracy, although there are likely feminist groups in communication with each other about how to bring about their utopian society.. God knows, Feminists are often quite organised about protests or other activities, so it's hardly a stretch of imagination to see them coordinating certain ideas to become more mainstream, and acceptable.

Makes me feel glad that I decided to live in Asia, where this nonsense isn't tolerated.

The man hating credentials of modern day feminism cannot be denied...you'll find, most vocal feminists are projecting anger which at a personal level is very unhealthy.

The problem for the ideology is that it is intellectually shallow and rooted in dishonesty, a 15 year old who is handy at google could take it apart...so as more and more of us get exposed to it, more and more of us will reject it.

Remember, politicans and media are way behind the general consensus which is one reason why feminists cannot get traction in elections, the media industry that embrace it are merely exposing what was believed all along about feminists, they hate men and or male culture.

Feminism has overplayed its hand, the commercial and political entities that have allowed it into their organisations will pay the price....it's already happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

it's going to continue growing as long as males ignore it or dismiss it as being the realms of nutcases.

I think the opposite to be honest. It’s not growing, simply because people, both men and women, refuse to entertain it, and dismiss it out of hand for the complete nonsense it is. That’s why it’s not really seen in Asia, but in Western media it’s a small handful of people churning out 90% of the content and making a good living for themselves out of doing so. When I read that piece, I’m contributing to it by feeding them, giving an opinion on it when I can see they’re only trolling and looking for a reaction. Giving them any attention is just giving them what they want. That’s why most people simply aren’t bothered or interested - they have more important concerns to be prioritising rather than entertaining complete nonsense.

Advertisement